So, who wants lockdown easing then? | Page 5 | Vital Football

So, who wants lockdown easing then?

Come on Boris ........ don't listen to your MPs, your businessmen (millionaire) donors, or most of the national press (who normally fawn over you ........including this publication) ............ listen to the advice from Nicola and Keir.

You know it makes sense.

(y)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...irus-immediate-economic-crash-poll-finds.html
That will be Sir Kier who started the ball rolling for lockdown easing - give it a rest mon ffs
As for wee nippy - her clock is ticking 😉

I'd be happy to give it a rest on this particular topic Hampton, but if anything goes tits up after Johnson announces whatever it is he's going to announce (why on Sunday I wonder, rather than today, given that today was always the "review date"? ......... regardless) you're going to blame Starmer. God knows why. You've not offered a single shred of evidence that he wants lockdown easing.

You read, and you hear he doesn't.................... but you still maintain that he does. Hell of a way to prove your argument.

Edit ......... I presume it was the government who have given the leaks to the press. .....or do you reckon that was SKS too?

;)

Last edited:
I'd be happy to give it a rest on this particular topic Hampton, but if anything goes tits up after Johnson announces whatever it is he's going to announce (why on Sunday I wonder, rather than today, given that today was always the "review date"? ......... regardless) you're going to blame Starmer. God knows why. You've not offered a single shred of evidence that he wants lockdown easing.

You read, and you hear he doesn't.................... but you still maintain that he does. Hell of a way to prove your argument.

Edit ......... I presume it was the government who have given the leaks to the press. .....or do you reckon that was SKS too?

;)
It's certainly possible - it's a high stakes dark arts game 😉
As I've said before IMO it would be madness to lift the lockdown though given the number of folk knocking about and cars on the roads looks like it's unofficially done anyway.
I really fear a second swift realisation that we are nowhere near through this yet is just around the corner.
All the agitators (and yes that includes your hero) for a change of circumstances whatever the political hew will have a lot to answer for if we end up needing the Nightingales after all.

There’s no way I’m using that app. I’m going to continue to quarantine and take every precaution. But there’s no way I’m handing Cummings a shred of my personal data.

It’s not paranoia to think it’s an invasion of privacy and to avoid using the app. If you want to use it then use it but it’s a choice. Don’t get upset about it if people don’t want to use it.

Well it’s happened. As I warned, there is now a real concern that folk are now believing lockdown is ending with talk of roadmaps etc. Boris should have held his nerve instead of listening to his opposite number and other hysterics by beginning to suggest or talk about how things will change.

There’s no way I’m using that app. I’m going to continue to quarantine and take every precaution. But there’s no way I’m handing Cummings a shred of my personal data.

It’s not paranoia to think it’s an invasion of privacy and to avoid using the app. If you want to use it then use it but it’s a choice. Don’t get upset about it if people don’t want to use it.

You are paranoid. Why do you think DC would be interested in your data and what data would that be?

I’m not paranoid. You know what Cambridge analytica did. It’s my choice not to do it.
Nice bit of name-calling btw x

And what name calling would that be?

And you’ve yet to answer what and why DC would be interested in your data. Give it a go.

As the track and trace app is being backed by all the main political parties it would seem that the fears about privacy is unfounded! If Labour believes that Cummings was involved to the extent that some on here think then there is no way they would be supporting it! Paranoia may well be involved by reading conspiracy theories online! If we want to get out of this then we need to back this app!!

Bizarre that every country held up as managing the outbreak well have app based tracking NZ, South Korea, Germany yet when UK announce one it's a Cummings inspired conspiracy 🤔

As the track and trace app is being backed by all the main political parties it would seem that the fears about privacy is unfounded! If Labour believes that Cummings was involved to the extent that some on here think then there is no way they would be supporting it! Paranoia may well be involved by reading conspiracy theories online! If we want to get out of this then we need to back this app!!

That’s the problem though. I’ve no doubt the twitter tools will have been whipping up a storm convincing the gullible that this is some master plan by Dr Evil and it should be avoided at all costs. If and hopefully when we get a vaccine for this bitch, if it was even remotely suggested DC had once walked past the lab that produced it many would think he was involved and it was some sort of futuristic tracking device and wouldn’t take it.

You've confirmed that you will continue to isolate and fair do's however many of your view will not isolate and selfishly spread infection to folk who could die as a result - how feckin selfish is that ?
If the govt advise that you are only allowed relaxing of lockdown if you accept the app sure many of your persuasion will be crying police state and organising teams vigils..!

Bizarre that every country held up as managing the outbreak well have app based tracking NZ, South Korea, Germany yet when UK announce one it's a Cummings inspired conspiracy 🤔

They’re probably using the apple or google one. Mind you they’d complain they were American companies and somehow link it to the US buying the nhs so wouldn’t use them either.

And what name calling would that be?

You are paranoid.

Why do you think DC would be interested in your data and what data would that be?
Our intelligence services can already tap into any of our laptops or phones at the drop of the hat if needed. That is indisputable.

It is a question of trust. I would trust the government not to be watching what I am doing 24/7 unless they had good reason, which they don't becasue I haven't broken the law.

However I don't trust the people who used people's personal data to bombard them with racist, xenophobic propaganda. I think that is entirely reasonable.

If the app's contract were given to someone else more reputable than Palantir this wouldn't be an issue because i would be using the app.

You don't have to get so upset all the time you know, we can just disagree as we both have very valid arguments.

Richymac, you come across as a really sensible person. That's why I'm surprised at your stance regarding this app. It does come across a bit conspiracy theory.

Is Sir Kier yon actor/lawyer Mon (same thing love a stage) who appeared a few weeks ago on day one proclaiming he would be working with the government. If so what has he been contributing and if he has been working with the government then surely he has contributed to the management of the governments handling of the pandemic which he seems to be slightly critical of. If then the easing of the lockdown is a total cock up will it then be Boris pointing at Kier like he is a guilty schoolboy.
Politicians!! I've shit em.

It's certainly possible - it's a high stakes dark arts game 😉
As I've said before IMO it would be madness to lift the lockdown though given the number of folk knocking about and cars on the roads looks like it's unofficially done anyway.
I really fear a second swift realisation that we are nowhere near through this yet is just around the corner.
All the agitators (and yes that includes your hero) for a change of circumstances whatever the political hew will have a lot to answer for if we end up needing the Nightingales after all.

I completely agree Hampton ......... well, except for the bit about including SKS in with the "agitators", obviously. He's not "agitated" one single bit.
;)