So, who wants lockdown easing then? | Page 18 | Vital Football

So, who wants lockdown easing then?

So ......all "conditions" for easing lockdown further have been hit, so her we go with a leap of faith.

To be fair, I've no problem with that .......even though the "2m unless you can't and then it's 1m+" watch-phrase isn't quite as catchy as "stay alert" ................. though I suppose it's just as informative.

Does anyone else feel there are too many weak points to the strategy though?
- No tracing app, so we'll do it manually .......dependent on giving your details when entering a pub for eg. Oh aye.
- We'll stop the daily brief and we'll pass responsibility to local regions ..... but without (apparently) the requisite resources
- There's now massive capacity for testing, but no proactive plan for who should use it, when, and how often.

Pubs opening 4th July? ........not for me they're not.

Over 12 months on, and our Health Minister believes that over 100 deaths per day is "mercifully low".

Surely, at some point, we have to call out their populism. We have to say that they've been too late too often. We have to be critical of their desire to continually offer the view that all is OK and is under control.

Other EU countries have - in the main - maintained their mask mandate (indoors at least) as well as operating a vaccine passport for large gatherings and hospitality venues. For some reason - populism? - we haven't done this.

The stats don't lie.

Is it as simple as Johnson wanting to "save Christmas" again?

Heartbreaking.

Over 12 months on, and our Health Minister believes that over 100 deaths per day is "mercifully low".

Surely, at some point, we have to call out their populism. We have to say that they've been too late too often. We have to be critical of their desire to continually offer the view that all is OK and is under control.

Other EU countries have - in the main - maintained their mask mandate (indoors at least) as well as operating a vaccine passport for large gatherings and hospitality venues. For some reason - populism? - we haven't done this.

The stats don't lie.

Is it as simple as Johnson wanting to "save Christmas" again?

Heartbreaking.

And so, Boris has saved the day. Hoorah ! But let's take a step back.

They said they could see the signs.
They said they could see it would get worse.
They said they were watching the data.
Yet, they said they weren't going to do anything about it at that time ....... waiting of course until it was too late.

I don't think there's ever been a point in this whole pandemic where they've either a) followed a proper plan, or b) had the pandemic under proper control.

So sad.