So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Page 14 | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sassuolo are one of the smaller clubs in Serie A so I’d be surprised if he doesn’t move on. He can’t be on huge money.
I really don’t understand the fascination with Mitrovic from our fans. To me he looks a championship or PL struggler type striker. If we are hoping for a high quality statement signing, Mitro isn’t it.
Decent player, can score a goal, has played premier league before so wouldn’t have to settle in. If Fulham don’t get promoted then he’d be available so wouldn’t cost ££££££££...
Who would be a high quality statement signing?

Decent player, can score a goal, has played premier league before so wouldn’t have to settle in. If Fulham don’t get promoted then he’d be available so wouldn’t cost ££££££££...
Who would be a high quality statement signing?

I guess I just don't rate Mitro that highly. He had a little purple patch after Fulham first got promoted, but looked poor to me after that. If we had been relegated then yes, he would be the type to get us back up again, but I don't see him being any better than someone like Pukki - not seen anyone calling for his signing though.
I think we need someone who has played and scored consistently in a top league (doesnt have to be Premier League). Not sure how much we are willing to spend but strikers are usually the most expensive players, so will probably set us back anywhere from £30-50m. That is the type of signing that is more likely to convince Jack to stay as well.

Mitrovic is someone I wouldn't necessarily be against signing but he's never done much in the Premier league bar one bit of a purple patch with Fulham. I don't think we could rely on him for 15+ goals.

Mitrovic is someone I wouldn't necessarily be against signing but he's never done much in the Premier league bar one bit of a purple patch with Fulham. I don't think we could rely on him for 15+ goals.

That's how I think about Tammy, he's a championship striker at best

That's how I think about Tammy, he's a championship striker at best

Tammy got 15 goals in 34 games and he's only 22. He seems to have faded as the season went on, pretty much the same as he did with us. Too early to tell if he is good enough for a top 4 team long term, but I'd definitely rate him as PL quality.
Mitrovic on the other hand is already 27 and only had 1 ok season in the top flight.

Tammy got 15 goals in 34 games and he's only 22. He seems to have faded as the season went on, pretty much the same as he did with us. Too early to tell if he is good enough for a top 4 team long term, but I'd definitely rate him as PL quality.
Mitrovic on the other hand is already 27 and only had 1 ok season in the top flight.

I can tell you now Tammy is not and never will be the top striker at Chelsea, they've had Drogba and Costa, now they are top strikers. They want to win leagues They'll just buy a ready-made one

I would expect Tammy's stamina to increase over the next 4 years or so.

I'd love to get Tammy back. I think he would come if Chelsea start spending again.

All very well Chelsea going down the route they did with Tammy, Mount etc. Let's remember they had to.

And yes if they want to win leagues again they will have to do what they did to win the leagues they did and spend big.

I'm less concerned about having someone to score goals than I am having someone who can keep hold of the ball for more than three seconds and occupy the opposing defence more than any of our current forward players can and I'm sure he'd be a big improvement in that respect - could be a talisman for us up front I think, we've needed one for a long, long time.

Oh for another Withe to plonk a Shaw alongside eh?

I can tell you now Tammy is not and never will be the top striker at Chelsea, they've had Drogba and Costa, now they are top strikers. They want to win leagues They'll just buy a ready-made one

He's better than both the players you mention were at the age he is now. Drogba was a mediocre player in the French second tier and Costa was well down the pecking order at Madrid. They got better and so will Tammy.

He's better than both the players you mention were at the age he is now. Drogba was a mediocre player in the French second tier and Costa was well down the pecking order at Madrid. They got better and so will Tammy.

The touch isn't there mate second touch is tackle

I keep seeing that we might be giving Reina a two year deal. Not sure about this - I like him as a character, but for me he has just aged too much.

Joe Hart is available on a free. I'd prefer to get him in for a year than Reina. We all know as soon as Heaton is up and running he'd be a reserve, so it would only be a short term fix, but for me Hart > Reina

Status
Not open for further replies.