So then....'Omicron' | Page 9 | Vital Football

So then....'Omicron'

Will they tell you if it's Delta or Omicron?
Hope you feel better soon.
My grandson hasn't been told what variant he's had. Because his symptoms are like a really bad head cold we've just assumed it was more likely to be Omicron but who knows?

This morning's interview on the Beeb was with someone senior in NHS staffing. He confirmed that there are at present 128 people in hospital with Omnicron, yet of course the NHS is on its knees due to staff absences, underfunding, morale etc etc.

With a leader like that, with not one sign of an ounce of fight or inspiration in him, its not surprising we are where we are with the NHS.
I think it's called jumping on the bandwagon.
Once worked for a company where a NHS Trust Exec was a non exec on their board.
I proposed a plan to the board that would make them 500k a year on the same volumes of demand as they had if they gave me 50k capital investment
Everyone was, obviously, in favour except him who asked" what if demand fell by ,say, 50%, ?"

You'd only make 250 k then I said. He advised caution and wanted time to think about it.
We placed the order the next day- and made more than 500k in the next year.
That's one example of the incisive, forward thinking, problem solving management the NHS employs- and we wonder why it swallows so much cash.

My grandson hasn't been told what variant he's had. Because his symptoms are like a really bad head cold we've just assumed it was more likely to be Omicron but who knows?
I think we should be advised on the gov website about the numberfs with different variants and how many are in hospital and unvaxxed.

I think we should be advised on the gov website about the numberfs with different variants and how many are in hospital and unvaxxed.
What Chips, more figures.?????????

You'll confuse the easily confused- who mainly sit on a front bench all day shouting criticism.

What we need is CLARITY:p

like shit pal. ,its like proper flu but wi pains in mi lungs that come and go at a few seconds at a time .Still got mi taste and smell though ,bit of an head ache as well
Sorry to hear this Twirls, keep smiling and enjoy your family Christmas.

A dangerous outbreak of sanity. The equivalent of SAGE in South Africa have just written to the Health Minister of South Africa to tell him that he should stop tracing, widescale testing and isolations as they are pointless. You can't micro-manage an endemic virus.
I'm not sure how effective any of the tests are going to be now from a preventative point of view. Omicron supposedly multiplies in the throat 70 times faster than the Delta variant which some experts now say could make people infectious within two or three hours of taking a LF test. So having tested negative before setting off for their Christmas family get together, they could be infectious by the time they're knocking on the front door so what's the point?

Last edited:
According to whitteys figures last week we should all have it by now shouldn’t we or is it next week 🤔
Labour are planning for everyone to have it by Jan 4th so that they can demand a complete national lockdown with everyone paid by the state for ever with food banks on very street corner and free beer deliveries on alternate days.
Marcus Rashford is taking over as leader with Lewis Hamilton Head of the newly formed Woke For All department and Angela Rayner taking over the Department of Education.David Lammy in charge of the Equality Dept and , naturally, Diane Abbott as Chancellor of the Exchequer.Lisa Nandy is heading up the new Hand Wringing for Refugess Dept based in Wigan where, of course, all refugees are welcome but, interestingly, where all refugees refuse to go.
John Ashworth returns to the Dept Of Health because of his experience in the field when he was in position during both the bird flu and foot& mouth epedemics.
Starmer is happy to step down to the head of the CNPS- the Crown Non Prosecution service where he was so successful
Yvette Cooper takes over at Culture , Media& Sport with a brief to increase welfare for meerkats and also ban her husband from appearing on any TV screen again ever.
Ed Milliband remains as Head of Cimate Change and is hoping that his policies will soon make much cleaner air with the aim of unblocking his nose.
Both Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell are welcomed back into the fold with new briefs
Corbyn takes over at the Foreign Office,( excluding Israel) and McDonnell takes over fund raising with the help of Len McCluskey so skilled at by ripping off union members and awarding contracts to mates( breaking news this).This department is also approaching Gordon Taylor - ex PFA- as consultant to ensure fair remuneration for all union leaders

The Dream Team is back - HAPPY NEW YEAR

What Chips, more figures.?????????

You'll confuse the easily confused- who mainly sit on a front bench all day shouting criticism.

What we need is CLARITY:p
Yes we do but I love the maths of it all and would like more from the gov website.
And I love ratios to be shown for vaxed against unvaxed.
I do like the abilty to put in your postcode and then see the numbers in your area
re tests, hospitalisation etc........would like the variants, if known TT

Yes we do but I love the maths of it all and would like more from the gov website.
And I love ratios to be shown for vaxed against unvaxed.
I do like the abilty to put in your postcode and then see the numbers in your area
re tests, hospitalisation etc........would like the variants, if known TT
Agree re. figure Chips, love them myself too.

Just couldn't resist stating what Captain Hindsightwould be shouting about- although he might be shying away fom the media for a bit as his major union backers investigate Unite's spending.