So then....'Omicron' | Page 11 | Vital Football

So then....'Omicron'

I saw a picture yesterday from the 'Spanish 'flu pandemic and the lass was wearing a mask at work.......100 years ago and the only previous clue we had about pandemics at the time of the covid 2019.

Aren't we now doing a Sir H about the pandemic and finding fault for the sake of it?

For the sake of it..? This is no retrospective. They knew almost from the off that masks were pointless, but told us otherwise, partly to be well meaning, but they kept doing it, and are still doing it.

For the sake of it..? This is no retrospective. They knew almost from the off that masks were pointless, but told us otherwise, partly to be well meaning, but they kept doing it, and are still doing it.
Borsi held out against the masks at the start but the media went on and on.

The warm climate, and the fact that Portugal is a largely rural not urban society has also helped them.

Not factored into thoughts amongst the very "anti-Brit" expat community here. Stories of the lockdown in Spain are pretty horrific - not allowed to walk more than 150 metres out of their house etc etc. One lady I spoke to got spotted walking in the countryside by a drone and summoned to the police station to explain. You don't mess with the Guardia Civil at all - people really are scared of them. I guess it ensured better compliance with the "rules" but for what?

Rates have gone through the roof in Portugal this week, yesterday 58,000 new cases of Omnicron - equivalent of over half a million a day in the UK. Hard to say why - and I'm sure there isn't as much testing here as its very difficult to get hold of one.

I saw a picture yesterday from the 'Spanish 'flu pandemic and the lass was wearing a mask at work.......100 years ago and the only previous clue we had about pandemics at the time of the covid 2019.

Aren't we now doing a Sir H about the pandemic and finding fault for the sake of it?

I see your point Chippy but aren't we right to question what is going on? I don't want to be part of a society that complies 100% with what we are told to do, and I bet Boris doesn't want us to either.

Remember the pictures of people getting dragged from their houses in China at the start of the pandemic? They were scary, and that's the other end of the spectrum.

Not factored into thoughts amongst the very "anti-Brit" expat community here. Stories of the lockdown in Spain are pretty horrific - not allowed to walk more than 150 metres out of their house etc etc. One lady I spoke to got spotted walking in the countryside by a drone and summoned to the police station to explain. You don't mess with the Guardia Civil at all - people really are scared of them. I guess it ensured better compliance with the "rules" but for what?

Rates have gone through the roof in Portugal this week, yesterday 58,000 new cases of Omnicron - equivalent of over half a million a day in the UK. Hard to say why - and I'm sure there isn't as much testing here as its very difficult to get hold of one.

Lots of Omicron is good. Its a sign that it'll all be over in 6 weeks...

I see your point Chippy but aren't we right to question what is going on? I don't want to be part of a society that complies 100% with what we are told to do, and I bet Boris doesn't want us to either.

Remember the pictures of people getting dragged from their houses in China at the start of the pandemic? They were scary, and that's the other end of the spectrum.
A right to complain certainly aya but hindsight to prove a point isn't part of
the process IMO.
I will always comply when asked to and I even try to keep to 70 on the motorway
(due to the cameras!).:yes:

Honest decision are made based on what we knew then, not now. I think that is fair to accept the honest choice made, and forgive what came after.

However, we are finding out that the decisions were based on bullshit, or it was known that something was useless, but it was made compulsory anyway, or we made the wrong decision, then lied to cover it over, or there are materially important facts that have been denied. We have every right to put a flame under those who have misled us, damaged our nation and its economy, and caused harm to every one of our citizens.

Hot off the press. Apparently Omicron 1.2 that most of the Danes have got is even more transmissible. If somebody infected cough’s in Rotherham, up to 500 people downwind in Wath on Dearn with catch it.

that easterly wind's probably blown it down to Portugal then as the numbers here are eye-watering

Word on the street is that the ludicrous decision to sack 100,000 un-vaxed NHS staff is going to be kicked down the road six months. Who on earth could come up with this punitive, illogical, plainly stupid idea, and then carry it through?

Despite the truth being that vaccinated people can catch and transmit the virus, and that the overwhelming majority of people have had some vaccination anyway for what is now a mild virus, the Medical Director of the NHS was yesterday wailing in horror at the idea that clinicans and nurses wouldn't want to 'do more to protect their patients'.

How much do we pay her for this hysterical lack of joined up thinking..? £220k a year...

Did anyone get asked for proof of their jab status at BDBL yesdi? I didn't see or ear about anyone getting asked.UTB

Did anyone get asked for proof of their jab status at BDBL yesdi? I didn't see or ear about anyone getting asked.UTB
Yes Rod, we usually get in the ground about 2.15 but thought we'd go in 10 minutes early....showed our passes and went in without a problem. Two who get in really early say not checked at 1.30 as not yet set up to check.

Nope had my phone ready steward just looked at me so I thought fck it and just walked in as did everyone else we go in earlier now to miss the ruck trying to get in 10 mins before kick off got there with 25 to go so he had time to ask just wasn’t bothered (and rightly so imo)

And the next virus of concern is….

DELTACRON….I repeat… DELTACRON.

A mutation of Delta and Omicron.

And the next virus of concern is….

DELTACRON….I repeat… DELTACRON.

A mutation of Delta and Omicron.

Reported out of Hong Kong some months ago. We are at a natural immunity of 98% or so I read. Its a big fat nothing burger, now we have bogey man Putin and food shortages providing a convenient distraction. Anyone would think that no-one wants to answer pertinent questions about why we have just been through the two year waste of time that was lockdown. Squirrels, squirrels everywhere...

Got back from a trip to London last Friday after going to the W Ham v Seville EL game. Woke up Sunday morning with a cough and aches and pains.
Decided to do an anti gen test today and it came back positive. Must have caught it from the
dirty cockney barstewards. Not feeling too bad at the moment, it's just like a cold. Hoping that's as bad as it gets

Last edited:
Got back from a trip to London last Friday after going to the W Ham v Seville EL game. Woke up Sunday morning with a cough and aches and pains.
Decided to do an anti gen test today and it came back positive. Must have caught it from the
dirty cockney barstewards. Not feeling too bad at the moment, it's just like a cold. Hoping that's as bad as it gets
Fingers crossed you'll be fine Biri. All them antibodies that's been pumped into to over the past 18 months will be earning their corn.

Keep us posted bud. (y)