So then....'Omicron' | Page 10 | Vital Football

So then....'Omicron'

hopefully you're over the worst

stay safe

UTB
cheers rotts, its the sharp pains in the lungs/chest area that are playing wi the mind very strange rest of it not too worried. . falling in and out of sleep all the time as well. and a tickley cough . other than that feel shocking lol. it,ll pass. these double jabs earning their stripes

I thought you were going to say your lass had sent for a sex toy whilst you're out of action Twirls.:giggle: Seriously tho mi owd pal,i hope you get better asap. UTB
lol hopefully she as and i dont have to do my dutys hahahahah. feel a lot better today ,no more chest pains ,just an head cold sore throat blocked nose. .Had 3 really bad days ,but think im over the worse touch wood. no more sweating and aching all over do feel tired though. i have no doubt in my mind that without the jabs id have been in real trouble.
deffo having booster as soon as i can . utb

lol hopefully she as and i dont have to do my dutys hahahahah. feel a lot better today ,no more chest pains ,just an head cold sore throat blocked nose. .Had 3 really bad days ,but think im over the worse touch wood. no more sweating and aching all over do feel tired though. i have no doubt in my mind that without the jabs id have been in real trouble.
Brilliant Twirls! 👍

lateral flow test ,still positive , Our lass been to work for them proper masks and latex gloves for in the morning,be like summat outta star wars watching kids open presents tomorrow at a distance lol.
As long as you're feeling well enough to enjoy it pal. That's all that matters.

Our Gertie & me had our Booster on the 10th Dec at the Wicker Pharmacy.Hope you get the Booster ASAP buddy. UTB

Glad you're feeling better mate, even if it is going to be a Christmas with limits for you. The good news is that your natural immunity will never be higher, so it wont matter that they make you wait a month or so before you're ready for a booster.

Glad you're feeling better mate, even if it is going to be a Christmas with limits for you. The good news is that your natural immunity will never be higher, so it wont matter that they make you wait a month or so before you're ready for a booster.
cant belive mi taste n smell have gone na ,thought i were the other side . lol our lasses cooking never been so good ,dont tell her though hahahaahahahaha

Great news that you are feeling better Twirlo. Enjoy the day with the family tomorrow.

Not in the slightest. I think its dawning on us that we have just spent two years and a vast sum of money to protect us from not much. Not withstanding that it has hastened the demise of quite a number of folks who probably wouldn't have been with us a lot longer anyway.

The plan, the original official, worked out and agreed in 2012 plan, was in place for two days until the left, unions and media heard the term 'herd immunity' at which point dummies were thrown, and we lost our heads and went with ill-considered lockdowns the same as the rest of Europe. Its been a disaster, and it will kill many more people than Covid ever did. The frightening thing is how many STILL wont give it up, and go back to normality. They want to live behind a mask for ever.

Not in the slightest. I think its dawning on us that we have just spent two years and a vast sum of money to protect us from not much. Not withstanding that it has hastened the demise of quite a number of folks who probably wouldn't have been with us a lot longer anyway.

The plan, the original official, worked out and agreed in 2012 plan, was in place for two days until the left, unions and media heard the term 'herd immunity' at which point dummies were thrown, and we lost our heads and went with ill-considered lockdowns the same as the rest of Europe. Its been a disaster, and it will kill many more people than Covid ever did. The frightening thing is how many STILL wont give it up, and go back to normality. They want to live behind a mask for ever.

Masks.........whose idea where they?

Masks.........whose idea where they?

Bill Gates... :rolleyes:

There were several reasons for masks, but two main ones. The first was because the early indications from the WHO from the Chinese Scientists was that it was transmitted by droplets, essentially attached to the water vapour that we breath out, which would be caught in the mask. However this was entirely bogus. Scientists in Taiwan had worked out that it was airborne, therefore there was no sense in masking as it passed through the simple masks we've come to know and love.

Why didn't the WHO listen to Taiwan..? Taiwan isn't a member of the WHO. The WHO is largely funded by China, which still sees Taiwan as a claim on territory and may still invade it. The WHO rubbished the Taiwan data, so as not to offend its biggest financial contributor. Getting the idea..?

Second is what they call a psychological trigger. We all respond to simple messages, so 'Hands, Face, Space'. So before we enter a shop we sanitise our hands (Useless. You cannot catch Covid off a surface.), we put on our mask, (Again, useless), but these trigger 'space', not entirely useless, as keeping 1m (not 2m) away from another person will minimise your chances of catching it.

So, you might ask, why are we doing two useless things out of three? Its a ritual. Its a ritual that gets you to think and act in a different way about social distancing. Its why builders wear hats, boot and hi-viz. You quickly become conditioned to the ritual and perform it when required.

You can also add to this that it was pushed very hard at us that it makes people safe. We were doing what we have been told to do, and that if we did it we would be safe, so that's why we did it. It is a shield and protector, even after we now know so much more about Covid, and that the overwhelming majority of people were 'safe' (ie. have very little chance of dying from it) anyway.

It was also pushed very hard that, in a helpless and uncontrollable situation, that wearing the mask will somehow not kill a random Granny somewhere. In effect we are not just responsible for our own health and wellbeing, but somehow we have become responsible for everyone else's too. But you can't micromanage the consequences and impact of a virus, although it appeals to the heightened but misplaced sense of necessary virtue that is all around us in our society.

What has been clear for quite a long time now, is that its all rubbish. There was initially a lot of people who wanted to 'stop the spread' of covid, the Covid Zero option. Followed by Australia and New Zealand.. This defies any kind of critical thought, and just delays the inevitable. You have to let it run out to herd immunity like every other virus humans have ever caught and deal with the consequences.

There is a final reason. That politicians and scientists have suddenly found that they can play this bizarre game of 'Simon says' with us every three weeks. 'Simon says wear masks in shops'. Quite a few of them have become drunk on their own importance, see Scotland and Wales, or are using restrictions to prove other political points. They should be ashamed, kicked out of office, and never allowed to be in a public role again. They have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way round. Boris, for all his many, many failings, does get this I believe which is why we're breaking ranks and ending Covid restrictions rather than doubling down on them, as the Media and the Labour Party have wanted us to do all along. He deserves our thanks for that much at least.

So, the essay ends. Masks, to answer the question are useless. If they were genuinely useful we would all have worn them all the time. But that was assuming that we could somehow contain and not spread a virus that everyone was going to get anyway, which we couldn't.

There is nothing logical in you being a health risk from the door of the restaurant to your table, but not in the pub next door. It is pure, pointless theatre. There is nothing scientific about masking children in schools, other than the Head of the NEU is a rabid left winger who wants to bring down the government. Shame on the evil bitch. There is nothing scientific about an NHS that has reduced bed numbers from 200,000 to 120,000 in the last 20 years and then finds out it can't cope with an emergency, because we don't have enough beds. Or that more than half the organisation wouldn't know what to do with a patient if they found one because they are busy shuffling papers.

We should ask more questions of our leaders.

Last edited:
Bill Gates... :rolleyes:

There were several reasons for masks, but two main ones. The first was because the early indications from the WHO from the Chinese Scientists was that it was transmitted by droplets, essentially attached to the water vapour that we breath out, which would be caught in the mask. However this was entirely bogus. Scientists in Taiwan had worked out that it was airborne, therefore there was no sense in masking as it passed through the simple masks we've come to know and love.

Why didn't the WHO listen to Taiwan..? Taiwan isn't a member of the WHO. The WHO is largely funded by China, which still sees Taiwan as a claim on territory and may still invade it. The WHO rubbished the Taiwan data, so as not to offend its biggest financial contributor. Getting the idea..?

Second is what they call a psychological trigger. We all respond to simple messages, so 'Hands, Face, Space'. So before we enter a shop we sanitise our hands (Useless. You cannot catch Covid off a surface.), we put on our mask, (Again, useless), but these trigger 'space', not entirely useless, as keeping 1m (not 2m) away from another person will minimise your chances of catching it.

So, you might ask, why are we doing two useless things out of three? Its a ritual. Its a ritual that gets you to think and act in a different way about social distancing. Its why builders wear hats, boot and hi-viz. You quickly become conditioned to the ritual and perform it when required.

You can also add to this that it was pushed very hard at us that it makes people safe. We were doing what we have been told to do, and that if we did it we would be safe, so that's why we did it. It is a shield and protector, even after we now know so much more about Covid, and that the overwhelming majority of people were 'safe' (ie. have very little chance of dying from it) anyway.

It was also pushed very hard that, in a helpless and uncontrollable situation, that wearing the mask will somehow not kill a random Granny somewhere. In effect we are not just responsible for our own health and wellbeing, but somehow we have become responsible for everyone else's too. But you can't micromanage the consequences and impact of a virus, although it appeals to the heightened but misplaced sense of necessary virtue that is all around us in our society.

What has been clear for quite a long time now, is that its all rubbish. There was initially a lot of people who wanted to 'stop the spread' of covid, the Covid Zero option. Followed by Australia and New Zealand.. This defies any kind of critical thought, and just delays the inevitable. You have to let it run out to herd immunity like every other virus humans have ever caught and deal with the consequences.

There is a final reason. That politicians and scientists have suddenly found that they can play this bizarre game of 'Simon says' with us every three weeks. 'Simon says wear masks in shops'. Quite a few of them have become drunk on their own importance, see Scotland and Wales, or are using restrictions to prove other political points. They should be ashamed, kicked out of office, and never allowed to be in a public role again. They have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way round. Boris, for all his many, many failings, does get this I believe which is why we're breaking ranks and ending Covid restrictions rather than doubling down on them, as the Media and the Labour Party have wanted us to do all along. He deserves our thanks for that much at least.

So, the essay ends. Masks, to answer the question are useless. If they were genuinely useful we would all have worn them all the time. But that was assuming that we could somehow contain and not spread a virus that everyone was going to get anyway, which we couldn't.

There is nothing logical in you being a health risk from the door of the restaurant to your table, but not in the pub next door. It is pure, pointless theatre. There is nothing scientific about masking children in schools, other than the Head of the NEU is a rabid left winger who wants to bring down the government. Shame on the evil bitch. There is nothing scientific about an NHS that has reduced bed numbers from 200,000 to 120,000 in the last 20 years and then finds out it can't cope with an emergency, because we don't have enough beds. Or that more than half the organisation wouldn't know what to do with a patient if they found one because they are busy shuffling papers.

We should ask more questions of our leaders.

Thanks for your thoughts FKB - fascinating.
I have always thought masks are a complete red herring, but they do at least signal to people that we are in a pandemic so should be aware/alert.

Over here in Portugal/Spain I have heard a number of times how good people are at mask compliance, especially compared to dirty old Blighty. And the Covid rates are better over here, of course, because of this.

I don't choose to point out the obvious......and spoil their view that life is so much better in the sun. However, if they look at the figures right now in our respective countries, they might start to realise that masks make no difference whatsoever.

I saw a picture yesterday from the 'Spanish 'flu pandemic and the lass was wearing a mask at work.......100 years ago and the only previous clue we had about pandemics at the time of the covid 2019.

Aren't we now doing a Sir H about the pandemic and finding fault for the sake of it?

Thanks for your thoughts FKB - fascinating.
I have always thought masks are a complete red herring, but they do at least signal to people that we are in a pandemic so should be aware/alert.

Over here in Portugal/Spain I have heard a number of times how good people are at mask compliance, especially compared to dirty old Blighty. And the Covid rates are better over here, of course, because of this.

I don't choose to point out the obvious......and spoil their view that life is so much better in the sun. However, if they look at the figures right now in our respective countries, they might start to realise that masks make no difference whatsoever.

The warm climate, and the fact that Portugal is a largely rural not urban society has also helped them.