Single Market & Customs Union | Page 6 | Vital Football

Single Market & Customs Union

Lord of the pies - 30/9/2017 14:15

He went through the American electoral process and came out on top according to those rules. It's called democracy, though as we've seen on these shores it apparently counts for little these days.

Time will show he didn't follow the rules. It wasn't democracy, you will find that when Bob Mueller is done, it's called treason.

Hang on, you're the one that wants to take an advisory vote and use it as absolute justification for an immediate exit from Europe, you're the one claiming that "they" dictate to us, when actually we decided, using our parliament to join in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfmAY6M6aA

First post, I'm aware, I said in the main.

Second, is this directed at me, as it reads as if you're talking to yourself in riddles again. In regards Hilary you only need to look at the leaked email scandal and history as failures as SoS in a political role as to her own unsuitability. Like the Brexit campaign she dismissed her opponent and ultimately didn't engage accordingly with the electorate addressing the concerns Trump was feeding off. It is this arrogance that has put Trump in power and ensured our exit from the EU, yet people of your ilk still don't get it.

Third, dress it up as you will, the outcome of the vote was intended to be respected and implemented. Your post is contradictory, you are unhappy a vote was held and implemented by parliament yet are happy and content parliament signed us up to the ECJ for example. What is is? Do you just like to pick and choose stuff parliament does? The ECJ keeps shifting the goalposts and undermine our basic British principles of democracy - that we can hold to account those who write the laws in this country. Like it or not this country is capable of setting its own laws and adjudicating on them - it's being doing it long enough and is the benchmark for others. We held a vote on if we should join and decades later held another on if we should stay, it really is that simple.

The Democrats screwed up big time. They elected Clinton instead of Bernie Saunders. He'd have wiped the floor with Trump.

Umm, I think he was too left wing to be honest and just not sure of his appeal to the American masses. Though you are probably right, I doubt he would have approached his campaign with as much arrogance and aloofness regardless of his policies.

I also think that Trump would have had a much harder time smearing him than he did Clinton...... and let's face it, there were lots who would have voted for pig in lipstick before voting for her.

Thorpyness - 30/9/2017 20:02

Lord of the pies - 30/9/2017 18:40

I think Trump is in it for power and ego, pretty much the same as most others in that regard so don't think that differentiates him in any way. As for his capabilities - in some regards no, but in others yes. Because he acts and speaks in a manner you don't asociate or expect from the US president the automatic reaction from a lot of people is that he isn't capable when that necessarily isn't the case. In all honesty as I've previously said the choice between Trump and Hilary wasn't much of one as they were the worst two presidential candidates I can ever recall.

As for the left wing, I'm pretty certain it wasnt modern conservatives out protesting in the U.K. at his appointment!

Then target your propoganda at people daft enough to believe it !

I wonder how many of you thickos bought into project fear which turned out to be the biggest crock of shit in history.

moonay - 30/9/2017 20:56

I also think that Trump would have had a much harder time smearing him than he did Clinton...... and let's face it, there were lots who would have voted for pig in lipstick before voting for her.

I don't think Emily Thornberry was eligible. Thankfully.

Pies, since the referendum result was so marginal - less than 4% difference, do you feel that this enough to allow the Tories - a minority government - to go for any kind of brexit agreement i.e. ignoring the 48% plus who voted to remain, on our behalf?

If so, how do you justify Farage's comments after the vote that if the vote was as close but the other way around, UKIP would have continued the campaign to leave. Are there not double standards at play??

Using your suspect logic, I take it that one vote difference would be enough for you?

Yes, the result was definitive and its the governments job to facilitate our withdrawal.

Ukips policy has always been we should leave so it's no surprise that they would continue to campaign for it, so there are no double standards at play as the status quo would have remained. I expect the official government response would have been that the result should be respected and we remain and no other referendum on the subject would be considered for the forseeable.

You keep banging on about the margin of victory. If a football team loses a game by the odd goal would you campaign for it to be replayed because it was a tight contest?

Lord of the pies - 30/9/2017 22:45

You keep banging on about the margin of victory. If a football team loses a game by the odd goal would you campaign for it to be replayed because it was a tight contest?

Boom :explode:

Then there would be a reason to investigate the possibility, however given there is zero evidence that the EU referendum was fixed it's a pretty irrelevant statement.

I read this morning that the left wingers have gone into overdrive this weekend in Manchester which proves my point I made yesterday. A banner stating hang the Tories with effigies swinging from a bridge; is there no level this vile scum won't stoop to?

Lord of the pies - 1/10/2017 10:49

I read this morning that the left wingers have gone into overdrive this weekend in Manchester which proves my point I made yesterday. A banner stating hang the Tories with effigies swinging from a bridge; is there no level this vile scum won't stoop to?

Unfortunately not Lord...vile scum just about sums them up. Also, if any teachers are found to be participating in this behaviour then that would be that as far as their occupation goes. Would you want your children taught by this disgusting shite ?

BTW....this is a serious question. I wouldn't want my grandchildren taught by the BNP and by the same token not by these vile left wingers either who would endorse scum like behaviour.

To answer it Hindley, no I don't want my children being taught by this vile left wing scum polluting their minds. Nor by a member of the BNP either. Teaching should be neutral, free from political prejudices and views.