Sick of karanka? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Sick of karanka?

You are really boring. Do you know that?

I could say the same about you and Dougie Freedman.

Apart from I was consistently supportive of DF.

The only managers I've wanted to leave in the last 15+ years are BD (because of off the field stuff) and Megson because well Megson but even that was after both had a fair crack of the whip.

You've slatted numerous of our managers and consistently been negative. You are the very definition of a modern fickle fan.

Apart from I was consistently supportive of DF.

The only managers I've wanted to leave in the last 15+ years are BD (because of off the field stuff) and Megson because well Megson but even that was after both had a fair crack of the whip.

You've slatted numerous of our managers and consistently been negative. You are the very definition of a modern fickle fan.
You were not consistently supportive of DF. You were consistently critical and sniping, while shouting from the rooftops that you weren't calling for him to be sacked because you don't do that.

Don't lie.

Every time I defend this manager you say the same tired old thing, so I will keep bringing up your near identical antipathy to DF.

My record with managers is very much as I see them

- I supported Davies to the end both times.
- None of us had much chance to oppose McClaren one way or another.
- I supported O'Driscoll till the end
- I said from the start that McLeish was wrong for the club, and I was correct
- I was very sceptical that Pearce had what it took to be a manager, and I was correct.
- I supported DF till the end
- I gave Montanier time but supported his dismissal on the basis of our shocking defence.
- I didn't want Warburton from the start, always felt he was full of shit and I was correct.

I'm supporting Karanka

You however, along with a group of others utterly ambivalent about any manager who fails to play a certain style that you approve of.

You were not consistently supportive of DF. You were consistently critical and sniping, while shouting from the rooftops that you weren't calling for him to be sacked because you don't do that.

Don't lie.

Every time I defend this manager you say the same tired old thing, so I will keep bringing up your near identical antipathy to DF.

- I was very sceptical that Pearce had what it took to be a manager, and I was correct.
- I gave Montanier time but supported his dismissal on the basis of our shocking defence.
- I didn't want Warburton from the start, always felt he was full of shit and I was correct.

I'm supporting Karanka

You however, along with a group of others utterly ambivalent about any manager who fails to play a certain style that you approve of.

I think the issue Pope, is that you have been slating posters for critising AK, yet have done the same yourself on several occasions, which you admit with the above. That's what you can wind people up. If you yourself have had those feelings about certain managers, then you should accept that others will about managers you like?

Also, the fact that Pearce and Warburton were sacked, and you didn't like them, doesn't mean you were "correct". Personally I'd say neither was given enough time. I agree with you re ODriscoll, but again, he was sacked, does that make those who didn't like him "correct"?

Don't lie.

I'm supporting Karanka

So basically you're a fickle fuck where as I'm consistent.

If we want to be taken seriously as a football club, then you don’t give a manager £30 million to spend, task him with a TOTAL rebuild of the club and then sack him. If our fans are so fickle then they don’t deserve to be in the Isthmian league much less the premier league. The reason why Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, Burnley et al have overtaken us, is because of the unrealistic expectations of our fans.

We won the league, European Cups 40 years ago, we have been on the slide for the last 20 years because we think we’re all that, and simply stats are that we aren’t. The big M and Aitor have had the guts to try and re-build the side and we want to get rid, REALLY ?

From what I've seen of Robinson, he's only borderline good enough for this division. I feel Osborn is a far superior left back and he's not a left back. I would clone Osborn and play him at left back and in midfield.

As far as Clueless Krankz goes he is a Mourinho disciple. Mourinho has shown that he is now a footballing dinosaur. More an more in recent times we have seen fortune favouring the brave, not sticking on a 5th defender at home to near bottom of the league.

However, as CK has signed all of these players, he must be given at least a season to sort it out and learn from his mistakes. Unfortunately, I don't think he's a kind of guy that will admit he's wrong and learn from those mistakes.

No no no! I have to jump in there, with respect though, to object; Mourinhio is not a footballing dinosaur.

That phrase gets bandied about far too much and I've never seen it used against someone who was behind the times one iota. It's like saying a manager is "tactically naive" - it's a fallback option to say when you either don't know about or have not considered the tactical aspects and the situation in detail.

No offence meant by the way had to jump in it's like a red rag to a bull sorry.

Don't like the odious man but he's ahead of 99% if coaches in world football.

I think people may get the superficial idea he's behind the times because his team's play defensively, but there is a current trend of attacking tactics and football is cyclical, it goes from attacking to defending trends, in the next 5 years it will swing back and that will be built on what coaches like JM are doing now.

That's all without what his players are disgracefully doing to sabotage United at the moment.

Keegan must be happy seeing Newcastle sticking the final nail in a manure manager's coffin...i'd love it if Mouriho got the sack, just love it.

Erm... Yeah

Looks a reasonable bet right now that we'll have yet another chance to beat them at home next season and for them to cry about yet another referee for not giving them every decision

Having Pope on ignore is the greatest decision anyone can make. You lose swathes of rambling rubbish and patronising prose.

“Swathes of rambling rubbish and patronising pose ?” I’ll read popes insightful posts all day long, I won’t always agree with what he says but at least he’s got something worthwhile to read. You however, have got nothing going on ... poor lamb.