Sick of karanka? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sick of karanka?

Lol Derby are one point ahead of us, let's not wet our panties just yet.

Bedding in isn't bollocks, there's a huge transition to make in terms of language, culture, oh and style of football for a number of our players.

Wenger said it took many players a full year to adapt and see the best of them.
A manager with no experience who has signed players is doing better than our manager ....that's not bollox

Last nights performance was dire . Tactically AK got it wrong bigstyle aided and abetted by Pantiman .
Could of easily been 3 nil down inside 15mins .
Why play Grabben against two 6ft 5" central defenders then continually put high balls into him .
Needed Murphy in from the start to at least challenge there central defenders .
AK would of known exactly how Millwall would play so 0 out of 10 for AK .
Keeper was awful gave them their first goal on a plate .
We are not good enough to play the ball on the floor and keep playing through them .
Dawson had to start , far too many passengers Corvarlo has a yellow streak down his back , just dosnt compete .

DF, are you saying that you'd rather have Lampard as our manager because he's got Derby 1 point ahead of us after 11 games?

No i'm saying that AK has more experience as a manager and should be doing better - we have a decent squad

Even with all the new arrivals

Lamps has never managed before but is doing about the same as AK

Not good enough

Predictable really - three home wins in a row, a battling draw at Blackburn...then a poor performance against Millwall and people call for Karanka to be sacked.

We were held to a draw. It was very disappointing. Dias for Osborn didn't work (might have done if Pants hadn't gifted them a goal, with Dias and Cash on we could have kept them on the back foot). Most of us would have brought Murphy on.

But we've lost once this season and we're a point outside the playoffs. Not sure what's so bad about that.

Agree!

No i'm saying that AK has more experience as a manager and should be doing better - we have a decent squad

Not good enough

Lamps has taken over a largely settled side, that have spent big in the last 3-4 seasons.... - they haven't made 17 signings this summer, that they need to try and integrate.

Also don't underestimate the help he's getting from Chelsea, his family/friends and most importantly, Jody Morris.

Frankie, who I do actually quite like as a player, is the media's darling - but putting it in context they lost to Millwall, Rotherham and Bolton, although they've had a few good results too. Wait until the honeymoon period is over!

With regard to Gerrard - he's clearly doing a fantastic job at Rangers - unbeaten, top of the league & all that - lets see the measure of that success in silverware terms next May.

I'm not saying that Karanka is fantastic either - I said to my son last night, after 15 mins, that the set up of the side was wrong tactically, we were leggy, predicatble and looked like rabbits caught in the headlights when Millwall bombarded our penalty area.

Carvalho (who I think is technically good player, but he was not suited to this game - the free kick masked that performance) he should have been taken off at half time, replaced by Murphy - so that at least there was a chance that Grabban could feed off him or that we'd be able to hold the ball up.

We wasted a sub taking Benny off.

That said - I see no reason to panic, give AK time - let's see where we are in January and compare that against the last few seasons to see if there is progress.

I don't post much these days but i have watched every match this season via the wonder of technology and I have been lurking around reading the comments.

Im absolutely sick of karanka, his tactics, boring negative and dull. Theres a man called Steve Bruce who's just been sacked after getting his side within a whisker of promotion last season and had some of his best players taken away i.e grabban, terry, johnstone, because the club were in the shit financially.

We are going NOWHERE under karanka.
I'd honestly get rid of him tonight and give the job to Steve Bruce in time to take training tomorrow. He would get us into the playoffs minimum this season i 100% believe this.

No disrespect and I know it's your opinion which I accept but here's mine......................

I'd sooner poke my own eyes with a cocktail stick and put my head in a bath of acid than have Bruce here!!!!

Not good enough

He's not doing better.

His squad of players, who have challenged for the top six for 5 years running and have had huge amounts invested over a long time, are doing better- by one point.

Lamps has taken over a largely settled side, that have spent big in the last 3-4 seasons.... - they haven't made 17 signings this summer, that they need to try and integrate.

Also don't underestimate the help he's getting from Chelsea, his family/friends and most importantly, Jody Morris.

Frankie, who I do actually quite like as a player, is the media's darling - but putting it in context they lost to Millwall, Rotherham and Bolton, although they've had a few good results too. Wait until the honeymoon period is over!

With regard to Gerrard - he's clearly doing a fantastic job at Rangers - unbeaten, top of the league & all that - lets see the measure of that success in silverware terms next May.

I'm not saying that Karanka is fantastic either - I said to my son last night, after 15 mins, that the set up of the side was wrong tactically, we were leggy, predicatble and looked like rabbits caught in the headlights when Millwall bombarded our penalty area.

Carvalho (who I think is technically good player, but he was not suited to this game - the free kick masked that performance) he should have been taken off at half time, replaced by Murphy - so that at least there was a chance that Grabban could feed off him or that we'd be able to hold the ball up.

We wasted a sub taking Benny off.

That said - I see no reason to panic, give AK time - let's see where we are in January and compare that against the last few seasons to see if there is progress.

Why is your instinct to try to play them at their own game? What makes you think we could match a physical team like that.

Yesterday was a day to ping the ball around quickly, accurately and into feet.

I notice you and others haven't been on the back of Robinson who has been awful in a few games...

Lol Derby are one point ahead of us, let's not wet our panties just yet.

Bedding in isn't bollocks, there's a huge transition to make in terms of language, culture, oh and style of football for a number of our players.

Wenger said it took many players a full year to adapt and see the best of them.

Bedding in is so important as you allude, especially for players as young as these Portugese lads. You do get circumstances where certain players hit the ground running, and maintain it for the whole season, but it's rare compared to the hundreds that need time.

And it's not down to the players skill, or even the club. For example, even the top teams cannot get this right and the effort they go through to make their players fit in is unbelievable.

And on top of that they, and the whole team have to 'bed in' with how the coach wants them to play. It takes a long time to get used to the nuances of football and play as efficiently as possible, which is why stability is so important.

Not good enough

We could be doing better but to be in the position we're in a quarter of the way through the season isn't disastrous and doesn't warrant some of the hysteria after the Millwall game.

Why is your instinct to try to play them at their own game? What makes you think we could match a physical team like that.

Yesterday was a day to ping the ball around quickly, accurately and into feet.

I notice you and others haven't been on the back of Robinson who has been awful in a few games...

Don't really agree- think they had the same problem as colback and geddy. Ball not on the floor- both got up in support but then had to scamper back as millwall hoofed it back up to elliot. Pants was the only one who had a personal mare imo. The rest was down to tactics and game management imo

Stop the players time wasting, stop giving away silly free kicks, spend a bit more time in training working on defending set pieces, take your hands out your pockets, don’t let it dominate your thinking but at least think about the opposition when considering team selection & tactics, remember attack is the best form of defence & Krankz would be turning more draws into wins.

I’m still not convinced he’s the saviour some make him out to be or that he’s deserving of quite so many fan chants but getting rid now is so far beyond idiotic.

From what I've seen of Robinson, he's only borderline good enough for this division. I feel Osborn is a far superior left back and he's not a left back. I would clone Osborn and play him at left back and in midfield.

As far as Clueless Krankz goes he is a Mourinho disciple. Mourinho has shown that he is now a footballing dinosaur. More an more in recent times we have seen fortune favouring the brave, not sticking on a 5th defender at home to near bottom of the league.

However, as CK has signed all of these players, he must be given at least a season to sort it out and learn from his mistakes. Unfortunately, I don't think he's a kind of guy that will admit he's wrong and learn from those mistakes.

Stop the players time wasting, stop giving away silly free kicks, spend a bit more time in training working on defending set pieces, take your hands out your pockets, don’t let it dominate your thinking but at least think about the opposition when considering team selection & tactics, remember attack is the best form of defence & Krankz would be turning more draws into wins.

I’m still not convinced he’s the saviour some make him out to be or that he’s deserving of quite so many fan chants but getting rid now is so far beyond idiotic.

This makes an awful lot of sense, Don't agree with last statement but......

Stop the players time wasting.

On that subject alone, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Kranky has adopted the Billy Davies tactic by sending the player who's being subbed over to the far side of the pitch before the change.