Should a Baker be allowed to refuse to make wedding cake for a gay gouple? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Should a Baker be allowed to refuse to make wedding cake for a gay gouple?

17 and half stone Clive so it's your fault there's no bleeding Balti pies left at half time.We never stop learning mate and we never stop making mistakes but it's what we do about it that matters and you seem like a good sort.

Boozer not far from me held a BNP rally evening/event with various speakers, information, memorabilia sale etc...

I know some people who refuse to go in there because they staged they event.

I guess they could have refused, would that have been discriminating? would they have been sued by the BNP for doing so?

Are the people that now refuse to go in there guilty of not embracing our multi cultural free speaking society?

Very true James if it was me and my business in these hard financial times I would just take the money wether i agreed or not.

James06 - 10/6/2013 09:27

Boozer not far from me held a BNP rally evening/event with various speakers, information, memorabilia sale etc...

I know some people who refuse to go in there because they staged they event.

I guess they could have refused, would that have been discriminating? would they have been sued by the BNP for doing so?

Are the people that now refuse to go in there guilty of not embracing our multi cultural free speaking society?

Were they Gay?

Shirley have it's own branch of the EDL. But the north of the borough in particular is very much a hotbed for extreme patriotism (if that is a label?) They have a big St Georges parade in Sheldon, (was from the old Stirrup Cup) and the BNP won some local elections/council around Chelmsley Wood/Kinghurst a few years back.

randy.stand - 10/6/2013 09:14

Thanks for that Clive, means a lot mate.

No need forthanks Randy should be me saying cheers to you dude, changed my outlook on life on some matters an i mean that ''Yam Alright Our Kid'' is the best possible salute i can give you as someone who is not the brightest lol

I want to fit a joke around you can't have your cake and eat it but I can't so there!

i have a few gay friends and some really dont like the extremists in the gay movements as think they dont teach but gives a lot of ammunition for the opposition so to speak, and i agree with that completely.

a pub in redditch used to have what i call gay extremists go in and tried to make it the gay pub of redditch with rainbow flags everywhere, first it started with the gay nights where only gay people could use the pub ... until i pointed out, how do you actually know the people are gay? then asked another question of would it be ok to have a straight night where gay people were not allowed?

i know for a fact that if that happened they would of been ringing up the local media and council whilst organising protests, but failed to see the double standards pointed out.

I think Nathan should just just be allowed to enjoy his new contract and concentrate on his game without being forced to supply wedding cakes.