Should a Baker be allowed to refuse to make wedding cake for a gay gouple? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Should a Baker be allowed to refuse to make wedding cake for a gay gouple?

You'd laugh with me and have a pint with me if I told you I was gay? Well thanks, but I like to think I'm a good guy with decent values and ethics so I'm not sure being gay has anything to do with people wanting to have a drink with me!

I'm not really bothered with these gay arguments, I'm really not..I've had my fair share of opposition to it in the past but it doesn't bother me really, it used to, it doesn't anymore. I just find it sad how people just can't accept people for what they are. ( not aimed at you GT, I'm just saying some people in general).

From Vital Villa's Right Wing, Fascist, Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Daily Mail reading ignoramus, I count that as a positive.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53682&posts=41#ixzz2VhqoBWmf

I think you will find that's me.

randy.stand - 9/6/2013 09:19

You'd laugh with me and have a pint with me if I told you I was gay? Well thanks, but I like to think I'm a good guy with decent values and ethics so I'm not sure being gay has anything to do with people wanting to have a drink with me!

I'm not really bothered with these gay arguments, I'm really not..I've had my fair share of opposition to it in the past but it doesn't bother me really, it used to, it doesn't anymore. I just find it sad how people just can't accept people for what they are. ( not aimed at you GT, I'm just saying some people in general).

In fairness I don't think GT meant he'd have a drink with you because you were gay, I think he means irrespective of sexuality,he would happily interact, he does however have certain beliefs which involve marriage which he won't compromise.
Bit like saying you would speak to a blue nose but wouldn't allow them to breed......

Trekker - 9/6/2013 09:39

randy.stand - 9/6/2013 09:19

In fairness I don't think GT meant he'd have a drink with you because you were gay, I think he means irrespective of sexuality,he would happily interact, he does however have certain beliefs which involve marriage which he won't compromise.
Bit like saying you would speak to a blue nose but wouldn't allow them to breed......

Nah I know what he meant, I was just saying it shouldn't matter what sexuality that person is whether you go for a drink or interact with them.

Green Tea - 9/6/2013 00:24

And if this baker refused to bake the cake, its just the way he is built and so forth..We are who we are!

Yup, built as a bigotted twat.

If he said he'd not serve black people (which used to happen) he'd be lambasted and certainly done for racial hatred.

I can't see the difference. Bloke is obviously very thick, very rude and extremely prejudiced. He doesn't have to agree with gays, gay marraige or anything, all he has to do is bake.

You can't open a business to the public and then exclude some from that. Half of me says 'but in a free society' but then, as said, do they go back to segregation because some in the Deep South, I would imagine, would still love that.

Can you imagine me running the forum like that? You are all free to post unless you don't agree and follow very closely my moral and political beliefs?

There are people on here I wouldn't exactly go out of my way to mix with, but that doesn't mean I would ever think to exclude them from here.

Green Tea - 8/6/2013 23:58

At the moment we have numerous countries where homosexuality carries a great crime. Death, life in prison or heavy penalty. Yet we accept these cultures and embrace them into our own societies. Strange! Again make your bloody minds up, this is how certain people live.

Who accepts them and embraces them?

I would imagine most of us find it archaic and repugnant.

Personally I think both sides are twats but the Baker more so because if he felt that strongly about it just lace the cake with laxatives that would stop them consumating the marriage

<p>
The Fear - 9/6/2013 09:48<br /><br />
Green Tea - 9/6/2013 00:24<br /><br />And if this baker refused to bake the cake, its just the way he is built and so forth..We are who we are!
<br /><br />Yup, built as a bigotted twat.<br /><br />If he said he'd not serve black people (which used to happen) he'd be lambasted and certainly done for racial hatred.<br /><br />I can't see the difference. Bloke is obviously very thick, very rude and extremely prejudiced. He doesn't have to agree with gays, gay marraige or anything, all he has to do is bake.<br /><br />You can't open a business to the public and then exclude some from that. Half of me says 'but in a free society' but then, as said, do they go back to segregation because some in the Deep South, I would imagine, would still love that.<br /><br /><strong>Can you imagine me running the forum like that? You are all free to post unless you don't agree</strong> and follow very closely my moral and political beliefs?<br /><br />There are people on here I wouldn't exactly go out of my way to mix with, but that doesn't mean I would ever think to exclude them from here.
</p><p>Thankfully you don't mate or '100% Villa' would've been unbearable last season! :10: <br /></p>

its kind of a bit weird as many moons ago, i used to work the bars either serving or now and then doing the door and quite often refused to serve people or deny entry and not once did they run off to the papers about it, yes quite a few asked why? i used to say i dont like you and suspect your a gobby twat, though in hindsight would of been funny .... man refused entry/service for being a gobby twat, what is the world coming to.

i still see prejudice on quite a few levels still including pubs refusing to serve and not wanting bikers in there place, do i get angry and trash the place or run off to the papers? alas no, just go off to the next pub, its quite simple.

if people want to not want particular faith or sexuality or what ever business then let them get on with it as far as im concerned its there choice.

Trekker - 9/6/2013 09:43

Indeed. I have had many a pint with a Muslim.

Open-minded Trekker - why, he's even been known to sit next to a Mormon at games! :10:

NI Villan - 9/6/2013 11:18

Thankfully you don't mate or '100% Villa' would've been unbearable last season! :10: <br /></p>

:5:

Well, exactly...! All about opinions, sometimes you won't like them, but you have to try to respect the others right innit!

And I've genuinely driven across the causeway from working in Saudi Arabia to Bahrain , stood in the Gulf Hotel bar next to Saudis in full traditional dress drinking pints whilst watching a 5 feet tall Philippino woman sing Sweet home Alalbama at full tilt.

mike_field - 9/6/2013 15:47

ClivetheVillan - 8/6/2013 22:31

Villa_Grizzly - 8/6/2013 21:09

"Oh look its that Lezzer Carol and her mate, Gay mike" FFS.
I never knew Mike was gay cheers for telling us Grizz

I'm always happy Clive :34:

:19: Thats all i wanted to hear matey lol couldn't resist that one dude when Griz mentioned Crols' gay mate mike lol

You see coming on Vital Villa has tought me some things in life, for instance i used to be funny about gay blokes but seeing Randystand on here and having a laugh and joke and hearing the things he has gone through plus the fact he is a Villan which instinctively makes me want to defend him as any Villan after all we are all suffering the same Villa disease at times so i realised none of us should judge anybody for what they want to do with there own lives as long as they don't bother anybody else why should we look down upon others afterall is anybody perfect im not im 17 and half stone bald and a drain on the NHS lol but my attitude has changed if im honest maybe its the people who are against things that have the problem?

Trekker - 9/6/2013 16:44

And I've genuinely driven across the causeway from working in Saudi Arabia to Bahrain , stood in the Gulf Hotel bar next to Saudis in full traditional dress drinking pints whilst watching a 5 feet tall Philippino woman sing Sweet home Alalbama at full tilt.
How do you know it was a woman did you do the apple and knee check?