Should a Baker be allowed to refuse to make wedding cake for a gay gouple? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Should a Baker be allowed to refuse to make wedding cake for a gay gouple?

He should have baked the cake and let the couple put their two little men on the top.
Actually, all three of them sound like silly sausages.

Stuff like this irritates me. Firstly, the baker is a cock for kicking up a fuss about this. Secondly, the gay guys should just walk away and chill. If a baker refused me something i'd call him a twat and walk away- i wouldn't sue him.

randy.stand - 7/6/2013 23:08

Stuff like this irritates me. Firstly, the baker is a cock for kicking up a fuss about this. Secondly, the gay guys should just walk away and chill. If a baker refused me something i'd call him a twat and walk away- i wouldn't sue him.

Spot on mate, the baker is a twat but these guys should just rise above him and say so. We will take our business elsewhere and f.... you.

:1:

Although Randy, to be fair, calling him a cock in this instance could be discrimination. :10:

randy.stand - 8/6/2013 08:08

My guess is that this is about setting a precident under American law. If they can successfully sue the baker, shop owners everywhere in America lose the freedom to accept or refuse business.

You're all missing a major point that they requested jizz instead of cream in the middle.

Cue a load of homophobic jokes....

Would some of you be making a load of racist jokes if this was about a black or an Asian couple? No you wouldn't -at least not publicly and not on an internet forum but if its a gay couple then lets of course have loads of jizz jokes. The hilarity of it all.

I have gay friends, gay colleagues and a bisexual sister. Imagine having your entire existence boiled down to your sexual preference: your orientation. "Oh look its that Lezzer Carol and her mate, Gay mike" FFS.

As to the baker- a discriminating homophobic muppet. He should put a sign in his window saying, "we don't serve gays." Maybe we should get them to wear pink armbands so we can identify them in them street? Perhaps evict them from their homes and put them in big pink fluffy ghettos. ..seriously, discrimination just gets right up my nose.

Rant over.

Secondly, the gay guys should just walk away and chill. If a baker refused me something i'd call him a twat and walk away- i wouldn't sue him.

Seriously???

If you were Jewish and someone put a sign in the window and said "no Jews" would you walk away from that?

If you were black and someone tried to stop you walking into a shop because you were black would you just walk away?

Those silly poofters- they should learn to take a joke... right???
Disgusting. If someone refused to make my sisters wedding cake for being bisexual or for being in a relationship to a woman I'd go back and ruin their business for the day and if it was a gentleman baker I would send his head into the cake for having the ducking nerve .

:1: And this is why you won't end up in the silly media stories section ffs unlike these other blokes, cos you got common sense the frightfully thing thats getting rare amongst us human beings i feel as time goes on

Villa_Grizzly - 8/6/2013 21:09

"Oh look its that Lezzer Carol and her mate, Gay mike" FFS.
I never knew Mike was gay cheers for telling us Grizz

If someone refused to make my sisters wedding cake for being bisexual or for being in a relationship to a woman I'd go back and ruin their business for the day and if it was a gentleman baker I would send his head into the cake for having the ducking nerve .

[/QUOTE]I agree i mean if it was me who was the baker and your sister came into my shop for a cake even though she was with a fellow female partner i would be more than happy to help out actually really really happy to help :17:

Villa_Grizzly - 8/6/2013 21:16

Secondly, the gay guys should just walk away and chill. If a baker refused me something i'd call him a twat and walk away- i wouldn't sue him.

Seriously???

If you were Jewish and someone put a sign in the window and said "no Jews" would you walk away from that?

If you were black and someone tried to stop you walking into a shop because you were black would you just walk away?

Those silly poofters- they should learn to take a joke... right???
Disgusting. If someone refused to make my sisters wedding cake for being bisexual or for being in a relationship to a woman I'd go back and ruin their business for the day and if it was a gentleman baker I would send his head into the cake for having the ducking nerve .

Yes those pesky poofters, they are vile. :40: (I'm actually one of those and the one who is in a relationship with another guy but you probably missed that point lol)

Hey, i'm so glad you are sticking up for us like that. Its nice to see, it really is and i totally get a lot of what you are saying but i'm not speaking for the whole gay community but myself, i think i've got bigger fish to fry. Sure i wouldn't be happy about it and would think they are utter arseholes but i wouldn't cause a stink, maybe that's just because how i am. Your right, in an equal society we live in, people shouldn't get discriminated like that and people shouldn't be labelled '' Gay Mike'' or whatever. But we live in a cynical world and that's how it is- i aint got time to go take on the world.... yet! :25:

On the people making gay jokes, well that doesn't really bother me. If they're doing it in a hurtful manner or don't know me that it riles me but on here, its banter. There's a good few people on here that are some of my best friends in the real world anyway so I know its only banter. Its cool.

Maybe i need to start a political party... the sit back, relax and chill out party. Maybe i'm too laid back, i dunno. I just don't get worked up over things because life's too short.

Its quite funny because in one thread we have guys knocking the EDL for being prejudice/racist/bigots or whatever. We had one post; could we do we do more to help integrate different cultures? Hell ya was the answer!

Well unfortunately different cultures brings differing views. So are you pro multicultural(accepting all cultures) or are you against it? Make your minds up. Question; Do you accept differing cultures as long as they dont hurt you or your family directly(yes this Gay couple can find another baker)? Do you want different cultures to bend down to your views and your own culture? Which basically means you are a racist.

At the moment we have numerous countries where homosexuality carries a great crime. Death, life in prison or heavy penalty. Yet we accept these cultures and embrace them into our own societies. Strange! Again make your bloody minds up, this is how certain people live.

Green Tea - 8/6/2013 23:58

Its quite funny because in one thread we have guys knocking the EDL for being prejudice/racist/bigots or whatever. We had one post; could we do we do more to help integrate different cultures? Hell ya was the answer!

Well unfortunately different cultures brings differing views. So are you pro multicultural(accepting all cultures) or are you against it? Make your minds up. Question; Do you accept differing cultures as long as they dont hurt you or your family directly(yes this Gay couple can find another baker)? Do you want different cultures to bend down to your views and your own culture? Which basically means you are a racist.

At the moment we have numerous countries where homosexuality carries a great crime. Death, life in prison or heavy penalty. Yet we accept these cultures and embrace them into our own societies. Strange! Again make your bloody minds up, this is how certain people live.

Yes we are a multi-cultural country but this is the United Kingdom still. Yes we accept and integrate other nationalities and religions into our country but they are supposed to live by our nation's rules. Homosexuality might not be allowed in Muslim countries, but it is here and so any people from countries where they don't accept it will need to just respect it because they are in a different country than their own.

In response to your, '' What do you want'' question- i just want everyone to be happy and get along, irrespective of race, colour, sex, religion or sexual orientation. What's the point in being angry with people because they are different? Drives me mad.

Well im against Gay marriage (as a religious ceremony, mainly) and definitely against gay adoption as you know. However if I was a baker it wouldnt bother me making a wedding cake for a Gay couple. Just because im against it, dosnt mean I cant accept it as a way of life for some people. If you met me on on the street Randy and you told me you was Gay, I wouldnt have any problems with it. I would still have a pint with you and laugh etc but my views on adoption and marriage would still be the same. I wouldnt see you as a lower person or would I hate you. Maybe its me that is the lower person but one can only be honest with the way he is built. And if this baker refused to bake the cake, its just the way he is built and so forth..We are who we are!

Green Tea - 8/6/2013 23:58

LOL. Was that aimed at me? If so

:19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

From Vital Villa's Right Wing, Fascist, Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Daily Mail reading ignoramus, I count that as a positive.