Sheff Wed game Protest or Boycott? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sheff Wed game Protest or Boycott?

No jock I didn't start shouting "Cook Out" during any of the games mentioned.
Towards the end of the Reading game I had a rant at Cook and the players.
Which led to an argument with some woman about my comments.

My point about people storming out is if they feel so strongly about Cook and/or the players then maybe they should stay behind and protest instead of moaning in the pub later.

Me personally as frustrated with it all I am i'm not sure if protesting is the answer as like you say it would create a negative atmosphere and tip the balance to the opposition.

But if fans do want to protest then i don't blame them.

Yep seems like some people still find no fault with PC like u say the woman having a pop at u for having the 'audacity' to criticise the team / PC. Guess it's a difficult one to judge wether to start calling out Cook when it can impact on the outcome of the game but somehow I've a feeling it'll start to come soon n wonder how PC will react!!!

Apart from looking like a set of pricks that dont support a struggling team, but look like entitled brats, what else do you think it will achieve?

Football is most peoples hobby, pass time I understand some get very involved and this can effect their perspective. So aside from bigger issues in the world and the country, a protest to to raise nearness and get action on a issue.

Now we have been told that Cook will stay in place, the club are spending money n the team, and anyone out side Wigan will not give a shit.
As I remember loads on here was pissing themselves when Bolton had real problems

So you will achieve nothing so what is the point.

The club will be well aware on the keyboard moaners already

Stop trying so hard 🤭

Apart from looking like a set of pricks that dont support a struggling team, but look like entitled brats, what else do you think it will achieve?

Football is most peoples hobby, pass time I understand some get very involved and this can effect their perspective. So aside from bigger issues in the world and the country, a protest to to raise nearness and get action on a issue.

Now we have been told that Cook will stay in place, the club are spending money n the team, and anyone out side Wigan will not give a shit.
As I remember loads on here was pissing themselves when Bolton had real problems

Now we have been told that Cook will stay in place, the club are spending money n the team - when were we told this then CoW?

The club will be well aware on the keyboard moaners already l doubt the club will be well aware of keyboard owners, the club can't even sort out the 1st team so they'll likely not give a flying f@ck or even know they exist.

Sure the Bolton and Blackpool fans don't regret standing up for a moment as they got their clubs back - not at tennis ball throwing just yet but why should tics give 🤡 a free pass when the vast majority he's the root cause of the slow motion car crash taking place with our first team.
When, and only when it was deserved Rosler, Coyle, Mackay and Joyce were left under no illusion they had lost the fans - the club acted. Need a 🤡 version - and it's coming, unfortunately its months too late

No jock I didn't start shouting "Cook Out" during any of the games mentioned.
Towards the end of the Reading game I had a rant at Cook and the players.
Which led to an argument with some woman about my comments.

My point about people storming out is if they feel so strongly about Cook and/or the players then maybe they should stay behind and protest instead of moaning in the pub later.

Me personally as frustrated with it all I am i'm not sure if protesting is the answer as like you say it would create a negative atmosphere and tip the balance to the opposition.

But if fans do want to protest then i don't blame them.
Tip the balance to the opposition. The balance has been tipped unassailably to the opposition ever since fat baldy set foot in the Championship. We’re relegated so now’s the time to take action and save our club. Scouse Mafia OUT!

When I first started reading this board there used to be posts about turning up early to games to get behind the team and players. #Believe and all that...

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum. Sad times.
The asylum or the club?
The same fans who are angry are the ones who also get behind us when they can see even a glimmer of hope. Remember even in Cooks promotion season there were signs in home games that his style of playing wasn't good enough to break some clubs down. Now it is really home to roost. Well it would be as he has lost the vast majority of the players he inherited.

Sure the Bolton and Blackpool fans don't regret standing up for a moment as they got their clubs back - not at tennis ball throwing just yet but why should tics give 🤡 a free pass when the vast majority he's the root cause of the slow motion car crash taking place with our first team.
When, and only when it was deserved Rosler, Coyle, Mackay and Joyce were left under no illusion they had lost the fans - the club acted. Need a 🤡 version - and it's coming, unfortunately its months too late

Wow so you think we are in the shit bolton blackpool and bury was?

Dont you remember the time when we was staring bankruptcy in the face couldn't pay the leccy bill? Holding meetings in the stand during reserve games to try to save the club. Ferk me what are you lot on about you dont like the manager so you are protesting like its the end of the club!

Its like you are all teenagers
!

When I first started reading this board there used to be posts about turning up early to games to get behind the team and players. #Believe and all that...

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum. Sad times.

Could not agree more they dont like the manager so they want to protest, like the are the miners in the 80s. So hard done by are latics fans we have a billion dollar company owners prepared to change their whole structure to accommodate the losses we make with an owner that cant even attend games because he cant fly but is pumping millions into the club,

They dont like the manager but can not come up with a realistic alternative, allerdyce and pullis are common mentions, ferk off no chance and they would moan bout the style of play anyway.

the same knobs say he should have gone to sunderland or whatever plethora of clubs wanted cook. They dont get that he was in high demand unlike no one else they want

We may go down with cook, but tell me some one else at cooks level as we cant afford anyone higher who would?

These are the same people who moaned at Whelan for the war chest

The asylum or the club?
The same fans who are angry are the ones who also get behind us when they can see even a glimmer of hope. Remember even in Cooks promotion season there were signs in home games that his style of playing wasn't good enough to break some clubs down. Now it is really home to roost. Well it would be as he has lost the vast majority of the players he inherited.

So only cheer when things look good and protest when they dont?

Not at all. I remember far worse league positions than this but even in the darkest times it was interesting to watch and we didn't have managers playing dire football and making awful team selections and such poor substitutions as this Mon.
Also never can I remember an attitude to fans and supporters like this fella has.

Not at all. I remember far worse league positions than this but even in the darkest times it was interesting to watch and we didn't have managers playing dire football and making awful team selections and such poor substitutions as this Mon.
Also never can I remember an attitude to fans and supporters like this fella has.

Ok so manky makay and the ****** from man utd better than paul cook. You cant remember Dave philpotts or even harry mcnally. Ok so paul cook is the worst you can remember.

Good for you you have lived through the glory days, like a man Utd fan from 1992 to 2013

Ok so manky makay and the ****** from man utd better than paul cook. You cant remember Dave philpotts or even harry mcnally. Ok so paul cook is the worst you can remember.

Good for you you have lived through the glory days, like a man Utd fan from 1992 to 2013

Even if Paul Cook is the worst he can remember, hardly anyones fault when they were born now was it? So I don't get the point you're trying to make.

"I've supported the club longer, my opinion matters more than yours."
"We've been shitter than this, so you have no right to complain."

....Funny that because on the last page you were calling the moaners entitled.

Even in our worst days with the above. It always felt a line would be drawn and changes made. Under the current regime it appears a strong likelihood Cook will remain even if relegated.

In such circumstances it’s no surprise so many are saying enough is enough. I’ll add my local Postman who said this morning he isn’t renewing if nothing major changes!

Dont you remember the time when we was staring bankruptcy in the face couldn't pay the leccy bill? Holding meetings in the stand during reserve games to try to save the club. Ferk me what are you lot on about you dont like the manager so you are protesting like its the end of the club!

!
You've clearly not understood the original post -
Which was if the current climate carries on we may end up where Blackpool and Bolton found themselves. Hence the comment that "it's not tennis ball throwing time yet" - guess that nuance passed you by as well - so who is the nob - thats right its ye.
Yes i remember when the club nearly went bust - shall we go down that road again ? That's were we are going under 🤡.
None so blind as those who won't see !

One thing I'd ask people to genuinely consider regarding any potential protests is it needs to be thought through carefully. We are passionate and fed up and obviously want to force the board to recognise the issues on the pitch but the fans actions could be spun around to make us the villains of the piece, give them excuses that it's not Cook's fault for bad results / performances and blame supporters for creating 'toxic atmopshere' plus galvanise support in Cook from the board as they side with him over us.

I'm not against protesting under the circumstances but if it's not done in the right way at the right time it could backfire. I don't know what the right answer is but I know that we need to not let frustration push us into something that makes a terrible mess even worse.
Sensible post.

!
Think you might be insulting teenagers 😉

!
You've clearly not understood the original post -
Which was if the current climate carries on we may end up where Blackpool and Bolton found themselves. Hence the comment that "it's not tennis ball throwing time" - guess that nuance passed you by as well - so who is the nob - thats right ye