Sheff Wed game Protest or Boycott? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheff Wed game Protest or Boycott?

Protest, for me. We have the worst manager in our club's history and a board who do nothing about him. At literally any other football club, he'd have been sacked months ago. Falling attendances have had no impact, so clearly a boycott isn't going to have any effect either.

I refuse to blame IEC. They put their money where their mouth is in summer and are being woefully fleeced by the Scouse Mafia. Not a good one amongst our club's 'leaders'. They're fleecing the owners royally. No less than I'd expect from scousers, mind.

About time fans stood up and be counted. This junta of criminals, and that's the only word for them because fraud is indeed a crime, have to go. If that means making their lives a living hell until it happens, we've reached that point. I get the feeling it's going to get ugly, and whilst I'm no advocate of that sort of thing normally, desperate times call for desperate measures. I'd have zero sympathy for Cook or the Royles whatever (literally) happened to them. Crooks deserve all they get. Jonathan Jackson gets a pass because I think he does care... I think he's just in an impossible position with the other scum that've rogued their way onto our board.
A little bit harsh on the hundreds of Scousers that follow and support us.

One thing I'd ask people to genuinely consider regarding any potential protests is it needs to be thought through carefully. We are passionate and fed up and obviously want to force the board to recognise the issues on the pitch but the fans actions could be spun around to make us the villains of the piece, give them excuses that it's not Cook's fault for bad results / performances and blame supporters for creating 'toxic atmopshere' plus galvanise support in Cook from the board as they side with him over us.

I'm not against protesting under the circumstances but if it's not done in the right way at the right time it could backfire. I don't know what the right answer is but I know that we need to not let frustration push us into something that makes a terrible mess even worse.

Last edited:
I have a ST in ES3 - a bunch of us are moving to West stand as close to 🤡 as we can get and he's "having it" fm pre kick off

Good luck with that, u may well wake a few up, alongside death stares from the west stand faithful. Remember going in the west stand last season n we got serious stares / looks when voicing our opinion or shouting anything....should be renamed the Morgue Stand.

Good luck with that, u may well wake a few up, alongside death stares from the west stand faithful. Remember going in the west stand last season n we got serious stares / looks when voicing our opinion or shouting anything....should be renamed the Morgue Stand.
If they wake up sure they will be with us rather than agin us !
TBF the majority of west standers are long term tics they know what the craic is with 🤡 just need a catalyst 😉

If they wake up sure they will be with us rather than agin us !
TBF the majority of west standers are long term tics they know what the craic is with 🤡 just need a catalyst 😉

What match uz going in the west stand?? Would be good if a few west standers joined in with uz...

What match uz going in the west stand?? Would be good if a few west standers joined in with uz...

I'm in the West, and there are a couple of folks trying to get Cook out chants going, but not enough joining in. Think a lot of our fans find it hard to chant negative stuff, but needs must at this point - what have we got to lose? I'm still not sure Royle realises that all of the folks not chanting Cook out don't want Cook to stay they just aren't saying anything. I think he probably believes the folks wanting a change of manager are a minority, so only one way to let him know is everyone who wants rid of Cook literally making your voice heard at the next game.

Hopefully a few more will join in next time.

Latest from my group is 3-4 missing the game. Only 3 currently certain of going. All are ST holders.

Word is the owners are flying in this week. Only speculation. But would makes sense given the ‘takeover’ process and 10 day break before our next fixture.

IEC is in no way to blame , 9m on transfers and we have gone worse .
Our scouting has been dire for years and cook has no clue what to do next , Wells has been mentioned i don`t see why any decent player would come to us now .
Every game i hope for a win and stay positive as that is my nature but i just see us sinking , watch out for the Stoke result tonight lets hope WB turn on the style for a win ..

I sit in ES3 and after Bristol scored their 2nd goal the other week the Wiggin Walk was well underway.
The same happened against Reading and Brentford. The same happened against Swansea at home when they scored a late winner.

Perhaps if these fans hadn't stormed off and stayed behind a "Cook Out" chant could have been started. Then maybe Daz would start getting the message fans in the ground aren't happy.

I think Royle is waiting for IEC to tell him to get rid because then he will say his hands are tied when he has to break the news. When in actual fact he should be doing what he’s supposed to do and make the big decisions for the good of the club.

PNE will see some fans show up that don’t normally go. The type of fans who aren’t afraid to voice their opinions in the ground. If a protest of some sort can’t get going in that game then it never will.

I like the idea of sitting in the West Stand near the dugout. I might do that.

I sit in ES3 and after Bristol scored their 2nd goal the other week the Wiggin Walk was well underway.
The same happened against Reading and Brentford. The same happened against Swansea at home when they scored a late winner.

Perhaps if these fans hadn't stormed off and stayed behind a "Cook Out" chant could have been started. Then maybe Daz would start getting the message fans in the ground aren't happy.

Just wondering if you started shouting "Cook Out" at the end of those games then YM?
When Bristol scored their second I was one of them doing the Wiggin Walk from ES2 from the top but only down towards the front where I attempted to make my feelings know by voicing my opinion on PC but 1 person shouting just doesn't cut it....
Perhaps the chants needs to be started before 70 odd minutes but probably a bit hard to do because if the game is in the balance it may just tip it towards the opposition 🤔

Just wondering if you started shouting "Cook Out" at the end of those games then YM?
When Bristol scored their second I was one of them doing the Wiggin Walk from ES2 from the top but only down towards the front where I attempted to make my feelings know by voicing my opinion on PC but 1 person shouting just doesn't cut it....
Perhaps the chants needs to be started before 70 odd minutes but probably a bit hard to do because if the game is in the balance it may just tip it towards the opposition 🤔

No jock I didn't start shouting "Cook Out" during any of the games mentioned.
Towards the end of the Reading game I had a rant at Cook and the players.
Which led to an argument with some woman about my comments.

My point about people storming out is if they feel so strongly about Cook and/or the players then maybe they should stay behind and protest instead of moaning in the pub later.

Me personally as frustrated with it all I am i'm not sure if protesting is the answer as like you say it would create a negative atmosphere and tip the balance to the opposition.

But if fans do want to protest then i don't blame them.

If the PNE game is live on sky then what better than everyone if not most not entering the stadium but remain outside protesting sack the board sack cook we have nothing to lose

Apart from looking like a set of pricks that dont support a struggling team, but look like entitled brats, what else do you think it will achieve?

Football is most peoples hobby, pass time I understand some get very involved and this can effect their perspective. So aside from bigger issues in the world and the country, a protest to to raise nearness and get action on a issue.

Now we have been told that Cook will stay in place, the club are spending money n the team, and anyone out side Wigan will not give a shit.
As I remember loads on here was pissing themselves when Bolton had real problems

So you will achieve nothing so what is the point.

The club will be well aware on the keyboard moaners already