Sheff Wed game Protest or Boycott? | Vital Football

Sheff Wed game Protest or Boycott?

Studs88

Vital Youth Team
It’s been long overdue. This week’s car crash interview from Royle and another predictable loss confirms fans need to take direct action.

This will be the lowest home attendance since League 1. Pay-on-the-day support has long since evaporated. Now we need to observe just how many paid-up ST holders walk away.

For those who do get down to the DW. It’s time to consider vocal protest from minute one. There’s the old mantra of supporting the lads during the game. But we have to look at the bigger picture.

Paul Cook is destroying this club. Darren Royle’s given him unstinting support. Acknowledging this week he will not sack him. Both are devoid of responsibility for our plight. I can only hope when the ownership transferral goes through both will be sent packing.

In the meantime we have to take a stand. Sitting back and accepting Wigan Athletic becoming a laughing stock is not acceptable. It’s all the more dispiriting when you see our Academy products going to waste.

I would hope people will protest rather than boycott,st least that way some atmosphere will be generated! After todays limp second half surrender i would think a few will be joining in!!

No truth is IEC employing royles to run our club royels sticking with employment of cook is destroying our club the whole lot is a complete f@kin shambles
Done and dusted by one man who said he has sold the club and put us in safe hands with the current owners well done whelan
F@ked us over good style

Something needs to be done - though I fear apathy is at such a level that any protest will just fall flat. The knob end game is coming up on tv so I think any protest/boycott should be done at that one to maximise the publicity/shame.

However the club is fucked. We’ve a manager that’s in a division way beyond his capabilities and is utter shit. We’ve a chairman also in a position way beyond his capabilities who thinks the outcome on a fucking computer game is justification for not sacking the manager. Relegation will have a huge financial impact but no action is being taken to prevent this. It is utterly scandalous. Meanwhile no bugger knows who owns us and fans are deserting the sinking ship at an ever increasing rate.

The fans really do now need to show this shower of shit that we are not happy with this. It is the same, week in, week out and nobody seems to give a fuck in the Stadium.
Two of us tried in the West Stand against BCFC and just got stared at by cardboard cutout fans.
We have to show some bollox and make our feelings heard, this can't go on any longer.
COOK OUT / SACK THE BOARD needs to ring out for the full 90 minutes against Sheffield Weds.

If the PNE game is live on sky then what better than everyone if not most not entering the stadium but remain outside protesting sack the board sack cook we have nothing to lose

Something needs to be done - though I fear apathy is at such a level that any protest will just fall flat. The knob end game is coming up on tv so I think any protest/boycott should be done at that one to maximise the publicity/shame.

However the club is fucked. We’ve a manager that’s in a division way beyond his capabilities and is utter shit. We’ve a chairman also in a position way beyond his capabilities who thinks the outcome on a fucking computer game is justification for not sacking the manager. Relegation will have a huge financial impact but no action is being taken to prevent this. It is utterly scandalous. Meanwhile no bugger knows who owns us and fans are deserting the sinking ship at an ever increasing rate.
There is huge apathy but also a fear about speaking out. In recent games I’ve observed many making their feelings known. Only to be slagged off by Cook apologists. We’ve increasingly seen that on social media and in the press too. Defending the indefensible.

But maybe now is the time to embrace this conflict and toxic atmosphere. The disgruntlement was never personal and always about results. Now we’ve crossed a line. It does feel like Cook has accepted his fate but won’t leave without a pay-off. Royle too is insulting fan’s intelligence with all this ******** about Football Manager stats.

I was going to boycott because £25 for watching crap football played by players playing out of position and with no urgency led by an out of depth manager and a chairman with his head in the sand is just too much. However I will attend and stuff all the tailors dummies I shall be voicing my opinion with venom.
My 87 year old mother said to me today "Why is he still manager, do the board want to get them relegated?" Says something that really.

Not wasting my time going to the Wed game. But I’ll be at the PNE and I intent to vocally voice my displeasure at the manager and the owners throughout the match. With the match on television we’ll have a national and international stage. Please do join me!

Come on people this is a disgrace im a season ticket holder Darren royles comments are a disgrace and a total embarrassment to the club and fans anyone who is happy or content with what is going on wake up turn the sheff wed game in to a protest against cook and the royles they are a disgrace to quote we will get 60 points according to a football manger simulator is taking the piss out of season ticket holders absolutely shocking

Utterly pointless.

The only way a club would really respond is if the finances took a hit or the Andy Delort sell on fees stop rolling in.
Season Ticket holders already have paid and so the bulk of the money is banked.

Your money is the only thing that the club is ultimately interested in.

Come on people this is a disgrace im a season ticket holder Darren royles comments are a disgrace and a total embarrassment to the club and fans anyone who is happy or content with what is going on wake up turn the sheff wed game in to a protest against cook and the royles they are a disgrace to quote we will get 60 points according to a football manger simulator is taking the piss out of season ticket holders absolutely shocking

I'm up for a protest, but its no use half a dozen of us standing up to be counted, we have 10 days until our next home fixture, so lets get the word out.
I know the lads in ES2/3 would be up for it if we give em a nudge!

Edit...Lets get Kendrick down as well with his camera.

No truth is IEC employing royles to run our club royels sticking with employment of cook is destroying our club the whole lot is a complete f@kin shambles
Done and dusted by one man who said he has sold the club and put us in safe hands with the current owners well done whelan
F@ked us over good style

To be fair if Whelan was told that within a year of selling us the new owners would spend over 8m on new players, improve the infrastructure, finally sort the pitch and get the academy upgraded he'd think that sounded like safe hands and a bright future.

They probably never told him the Scouse Mafia would prioritise keeping their mate in charge over the clubs best interests and make decisions based on a computer game.

This is all on IEC keeping Cook in place, they have done all of the off field stuff ok but their decision making on the managers position is single handedly killing us. No one could legislate for the new owners refusing to try and keep us up so I don't think we should blame Whelan.

To be fair if Whelan was told that within a year of selling us the new owners would spend over 8m on new players, improve the infrastructure, finally sort the pitch and get the academy upgraded he'd think that sounded like safe hands and a bright future.

They probably never told him the Scouse Mafia would prioritise keeping their mate in charge over the clubs best interests and make decisions based on a computer game.

This is all on IEC keeping Cook in place, they have done all of the off field stuff ok but their decision making on the managers position is single handedly killing us. No one could legislate for the new owners refusing to try and keep us up so I don't think we should blame Whelan.

Exactly. Whelan wanted long term stability for the club and everything IEC have done off the field covers that. They also probably said they were getting some people very experienced within football to help cover their lack of knowledge in that department. They sounded like the right people at the time, they just didn't foresee a spoilt rich kid playing a real life computer game using his dad's football reputation. They're new to the country and the industry so I would expect experienced business people to learn quickly. I dont feel all is lost on the future, but they need more of a personal presence around the club in order to see that they can't count on big decisions to be made by those they've entrusted to run the club

Exactly. Whelan wanted long term stability for the club and everything IEC have done off the field covers that. They also probably said they were getting some people very experienced within football to help cover their lack of knowledge in that department. They sounded like the right people at the time, they just didn't foresee a spoilt rich kid playing a real life computer game using his dad's football reputation. They're new to the country and the industry so I would expect experienced business people to learn quickly. I dont feel all is lost on the future, but they need more of a personal presence around the club in order to see that they can't count on big decisions to be made by those they've entrusted to run the club

I genuinely wonder what Royle tells them, if these owners have literally no football knowledge and they trust Royle on that he could be taking all sorts of excuses up to pass the blame. He could be playing the narrative of 'we are plucky underdogs at this level and doing really well only being a win away from safety - Paul Cook is working miracles and any fan unrest is unrealistic expectations from a small section while the majority of fans worship Cook and are confident we will stay up, it's more bad luck than bad decision making that we are in the bottom 3, etc'. He prob them got out the XG and Footie Manager tables as 'evidence' that actually we are doing really well.

I find it hard to believe that Dr Stanley in Hong Kong would be risking 6m+ of losses on relegation to just keep a failed manager he never met in place unless he's been spun a false narrative that he shouldn't jump to conclusions that we are just shit.

Dr Stanley as a pro gambler will recognise a losing streak as easily as the next mon - no matter what the game !
Sure he will also recognise the amount of cash burnt / burning and the compund on that when we go down.
There are clearly things in play that us mere fans no nothing about.
Have the uneasy feeling that one way or another the club we know and love is on a slippery slope to oblivion 😰
Underdog heroes, 8 years premier league, FA cup winners, Europa league - all gone and not coming back anytime soon.
Can't wait for Accy next year 🙄

Dr Stanley as a pro gambler will recognise a losing streak as easily as the next mon - no matter what the game !
Sure he will also recognise the amount of cash burnt / burning and the compund on that when we go down.
There are clearly things in play that us mere fans no nothing about.
Have the uneasy feeling that one way or another the club we know and love is on a slippery slope to oblivion 😰
Underdog heroes, 8 years premier league, FA cup winners, Europa league - all gone and not coming back anytime soon.
Can't wait for Accy next year 🙄

Maybe but if you aren't really familiar with something and someone you trust who is meant to be an expert tells you it's not as it seems on the face of it you may take their word for it.

I imagine Dr Stanley is very concerned about what is going on and saying to Royle he's not happy and wants to see improvement. But if Royle advises him we need to keep Cook because there are no better alternatives and it will just cost us money for zero benefit Stanley may take him at his word as it's not likely he is going to be familiar enough with the game to realise that is a poor judgement.

I can't see Dr Stanley saying 'that's
nonsense Darren, we could get Warnock in he's got a good record at this level' as I bet he barely knows our managers name let alone anyone else outside the club and their records. I am not even convinced if they even watch our games.

Protest, for me. We have the worst manager in our club's history and a board who do nothing about him. At literally any other football club, he'd have been sacked months ago. Falling attendances have had no impact, so clearly a boycott isn't going to have any effect either.

I refuse to blame IEC. They put their money where their mouth is in summer and are being woefully fleeced by the Scouse Mafia. Not a good one amongst our club's 'leaders'. They're fleecing the owners royally. No less than I'd expect from scousers, mind.

About time fans stood up and be counted. This junta of criminals, and that's the only word for them because fraud is indeed a crime, have to go. If that means making their lives a living hell until it happens, we've reached that point. I get the feeling it's going to get ugly, and whilst I'm no advocate of that sort of thing normally, desperate times call for desperate measures. I'd have zero sympathy for Cook or the Royles whatever (literally) happened to them. Crooks deserve all they get. Jonathan Jackson gets a pass because I think he does care... I think he's just in an impossible position with the other scum that've rogued their way onto our board.