Sheep Shaggers V Hopeless League One Candidates | Page 18 | Vital Football

Sheep Shaggers V Hopeless League One Candidates

Apollyon place this on the deliberate attempt to get on the palindrome spreadsheet spreadsheet chap.

They've fallen for it, Jock. I never expected to be on the palindrome spreadsheet spreadsheet any spreadsheet spreadsheet will do and I've managed it :thumbup:

Yates had Garner alongside him who is quality but it wasn’t his best day. Having better full backs would help.

I was surprised he played both Johnson and Carv and despite the goal I was even more surprised when it was Carv who was hooked for Mighten.

To me Carv is the better fit with Zink as he is more able to pick a pass whereas Johnson is more a ball-carrier.

We need our attacking players to attack. Until they do we are going to remain in the shit.
You saw today carv/zinc trying to ping it about and the others not where the obvious pass is

Is it me or does Mighten seem to have very little confidence in his ability to run in behind defenders?
Twice he was in a great position and slowed down and checked back instead of running through down the left.
I'm pretty sure Johnson in either position would have created something. Is Mighten being told to slow the game down and wait for support?

Is it me or does Mighten seem to have very little confidence in his ability to run in behind defenders?
Twice he was in a great position and slowed down and checked back instead of running through down the left.
I'm pretty sure Johnson in either position would have created something. Is Mighten being told to slow the game down and wait for support?
Is it a lack of confidence or a lack of ability?

Is it a lack of confidence or a lack of ability?
Could be either. He's never really delivered much other than beating a man over 3-4 yards. Surely a winger should be able to run in behind given the chance though.
I don't know if its his instructions, rather than his choices, but whatever it is it isn't helping.

I don’t think he has the confidence at the moment to run at people and take them on. Not sure exactly why but until he gets past it he won’t be any more than a passenger. If he could make runs in behind I am sure Carv would find him but it just isn’t happening.

Mighten looks fast until someone chases him and he looks quite average paced, had 10 yards on their right back and got caught really quickly.

Mighten looks fast until someone chases him and he looks quite average paced, had 10 yards on their right back and got caught really quickly.
I'm not sure I've ever seen him race a defender over distance. He takes alot of touches instead and that's what allows the defenders to catch up with him. Its like he wants the defender to catch up so he can beat his man.

If we want a positive spin on this though (Pope look away now), Derby couldn't beat us at home. They've had a fairly easy start to the season. When they come up against the decent teams, injuries start to take their toll and a points deduction then they're fucked.

Was thinking the same. He didn't fancy it against Byrne .

But third time lucky, he went past him and Byrne just charged into him and got booked. I think our equaliser came soon after the free kick, not directly but they never got it clear.