Sepp Blatter at large aka following the little turd....... | Page 13 | Vital Football

Sepp Blatter at large aka following the little turd.......

Spursex - 17/11/2011 07:58

steveperryman - 16/11/2011 23:25

Quite extraordinary. His comments can best be described as unfortunate.

It's going to take something on a biblical level to remove the silly bugger.

'unfortunate' is an understatement.

The real issue here is that you'd think the rest of FIFA's membership would be beating a path to his door to tell him to go now....but instead they're all cowering behind their cheques from FIFA...

What a corrupt, nasty, corrupt bunch FIFA are. Blatter is just their 'shining' example'.

Any self respecting person would've fallen on their own sword by now. The fact that he still remains in such a position of power is shameful to say the least. As you say, it just further highlights that the others hands are just as dirty as his.

Blatter meant something different to whats been presented by the Media who are out to get him... not condoning what he said but IMO he meant the occasional outburst of racist words in the heat of the moment....NOT the systematically and repeatedly applied use of a word in a cold, calculating way in order to denigrade/humilate/abuse someone..

but the Media dont do depth or subtlety of meaning do they .....

love his interview with the bbc "stepping down from fifa would be incompatible with the amount of money i would make, i mean my fighting spirit..." "you can edit the first bit right"

Spursex - 17/11/2011 14:01

Galvin's Shinpads - 17/11/2011 13:56

Spursex - 17/11/2011 13:17

Galvin's Shinpads - 17/11/2011 13:05

Spursex - 17/11/2011 12:53

Galvin's Shinpads - 17/11/2011 12:45

Spursex - 17/11/2011 09:11

He's a dinosaur.

His remarks are nauseating; he didn’t just say it once but twice, which just goes to show how he really thinks. It’s no wonder all the anti-racism campaigners are up in arms. If the FA do have any backbone left, they’ll finally take a stand and call for his immediate resignation, as should just about every other member of FIFA, but it won’t happen as they’ll be too afraid that he won’t hand out the money this year.

Mainly because some associations (FA, FAI, IFA) are full of nutters and dinosaurs themselves!
We live in the times of "It's me, me me me" and none of them have the gonads to stand up to anyone.

How could the FA stand to anyone when there is racism rife in their own association?!?! (Terry... Suarez being recent examples).

The difference is they don't condone it, in fact they started the first 'let's boot racism out of football campaign'...and both Suarez and Terry may well end up being made examples of...but as I've said the chances of them having the backbone to tell Blatter that he's gone too far this time are almost nil.

Who doesn't condone it? The FA? That's a joke. What is being done about Terry? An investigation? We'll see where that ends up for old Lionheart. There is still racism in English football. It doesn't have to be about the colour of skin.

So you think they do?!!? That's pretty bizarre, what evidence leads you to that conlclusion?

As for Terry, there is of course that little matter of the presumption of innocence, then when he's found guilty they can hang him out to dry....

If it isn't about the colour of your skin, what is it about then, their hair-do's?! :10:

"Hair-dos?" What??

Racism is about race, not skin colour. Don't forget it.

As for the FA and racism, no need to put words in my gob. I never said they condone it. I asked you if they condone it! What are they doing about Terry? Do you honestly reckon they will have the backbone to go through with it?
Noones' guilty until found so. What do you think he said? Did you have anything to say on the matter at the time?...(lots of questions there, my apologies)

They'll deal with Terry IF he's found guilty, the same way they'd deal with Suarez and I don't for one minute think that IF found guilty they'll try and brush it under the carpet, Terry will be dealt with harshly I expect....but we're have to wait and see. So yes, backbone or not, I think they'll have no choice but to deal with it or they'll get shredded here and I do mean shredded..

..and yes, I do think Terry is a dirty lying little chav and I do think he deserves to have the book chucked him - just as I said at the time.

Just so we all know; the Terry file has been handed over to the DPP to decide if there is enough evidence to bring a charge - just as I said it would...

...as for FIFA and Blatter it just gets worse..

as some here may recall I'm a big supporter of Transparency International and when I was told that they'd agreed to get involved with FIFA's campaign to clean themselves up, I was pretty impressed as TI have a habit of only doing it if they can satisfy themselves that there are no skeletons lurking in the cupboard - and generally a 'due dilligence' exercise is their minimum standard of early investigation of how an organisation has been conducting itself (as often corruption can be as 'embedded' in processes as it can be people).......yet, unsurprisingly, I learn today that TI have withdrawn completely from FIFA's attempts to clean itself up - as FIFA have blocked ALL attempts by TI to investigate past allegations of corruption - especially including how media rights contracts have been 'sold'.....which suprisingly has allegedly resulted in a company that one of Blatters family works for winning....

Same old FIFA...corrupt as ever.

So it seems the commitment to getting all the rotten stinking part of the disease uncovered in FIFA just isn't going to change until someone has the guts to stand up to Blatter...

I wish we'd withdraw.

Blatter and FIFA have developed WMD's....we need to act now.........if only Blair Witch and Kate Bush were still at the helm they would send in the troops!

It's official now:

Transparency International cuts ties with Fifa Transparency International's move deals a blow to Sepp Blatter's moves to clean up Fifa

A corruption watchdog that was advising Fifa after a series of bribery and corruption scandals, has cut its ties with world football's governing body.

An official with Transparency International (TI) said two of its key recommendations had been ignored.

TI said Fifa paying an expert to oversee major reforms to how it is run would jeopardise his independence.

The expert, Mark Pieth, said he would not re-examine old scandals, another recommendation of TI.

The move is being viewed by many as a blow to the credibility of Fifa's reform process, which has been led by its President Sepp Blatter, says BBC sports news correspondent Alex Capstick.

Fifa has declined to comment on TI's move.

'Not independent'

Sylvia Schenk, TI's sports adviser, said Mr Pieth could not remain independent of Fifa if he was being paid by the organisation.

"We believe that someone paid by Fifa cannot be a member of the independent commission [overseeing reforms]," Ms Schenk told the Press Association Sport news agency.

"He has a contract with Fifa so he is not independent in that sense."

Mr Pieth said it was common for firms to pay outside advisers to evaluate their business practices.

"We can't start asking audit firms to do their job for free just to make sure they are independent," he told the Bloomberg news website.

TI had been invited by Fifa to sit on an outside panel headed by Mr Pieth to advise on reforms.

Fifa has been embroiled in scandals that have seen four members of Mr Blatter's ruling executive committee banned or resign over allegations of bribery.

TI's involvement was seen as a key element in Mr Blatter's strategy to clean up Fifa, says our correspondent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2011/dec/02/fifa-transparency-international-road-map

Credibility of Fifa's anti-corruption reforms has been left in pieces

Transparency International's refusal to ignore past corruption has torn up Sepp Blatter's 'road map'

The 'road map' of reform by the Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, has been damaged by the withdrawal of the anti-corruption organisation Transparency International. Photograph: Christian Hartmann/Reuters

The anti-corruption organisation Transparency International's refusal to saunter down Sepp Blatter's "road map" of reform unless Fifa's murky past is investigated poses a bold challenge to world football's disgraced governing body. Blatter, as he often recalls when gazing benignly down on his football "family", has been in senior positions at Fifa for almost 40 years, and the president for 13. In every halting performance the 75-year-old has given, throughout the year the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were designated for Russia and Qatar and Fifa has been enveloped in proven corruption, he has always seemed deeply uncomfortable and been thoroughly unconvincing.

From the famous address following his resounding victory as the one man on Fifa's presidential ballot papers, when he proposed a "committee of the solutions" featuring Plácido Domingo and Henry Kissinger, to the recent laying out of his "road map", Blatter has appeared to be reading a script he believes will fend off accusations, rather than zealously committing himself to cleaning up Fifa.

At his last appearance, following Fifa's executive committee meeting in October when he presented the neat flow chart of new committees as the solution to corruption, he repeatedly used Transparency International's good name and participation, as proof that it was genuine. With Blatter always sketchy on detail and seeming alien to this world of good governance he has managed and prospered so happily without for 40 years, it was a surprise when Sylvia Schenk, Transparency International's senior adviser for sport, gave her approval.

In Fifa's own headquarters, she said:

"This is a starting point. After today they can't go back. It will be a catastrophe if they go back. They have forced themselves to take the next steps."

Walter de Gregorio, the new head of communications recruited by Blatter to help present the clean-up, urged the media to suspend scepticism and give the proposals a chance. Now, six weeks later, at the unveiling of Professor Mark Pieth, appointed by undeclared procedure to chair the "committee of good governance," Transparency International has withdrawn.

The reason is vital, true to Transparency International's position throughout, and one from which Fifa cannot be allowed to wriggle. Pieth said this week that while he will chair the new committee to oversee the introduction of new, decent procedures into World Cup bidding and the distribution of Fifa's billions, he will not investigate the past. At that point, Transparency International shone a red light on the "road map", a principled insistence on the case it has made from the beginning.

In its report published in August, Transparency International's first recommendation was that there needs to be an investigation of what has happened to Fifa billions in the years before any road map or committee of solutions. Headed "First step: putting the past behind," Transparency International wrote:

"Fifa has to start with an independent investigation to clear up the corruption allegations from the past."

Unequivocal – and with no sign at all that it will happen, Schenk has pulled out. Perhaps the most surprising aspect of her short collaboration with Blatter's reforms is that she said she was "astonished" he had not commissioned this investigation. "They neglected our recommendations," Schenk said. "I can't understand it."

The press have been attacked for years, most recently by executive committee members as "pirates," and "liars" for arguing that Fifa's pork barrel processes are wide open to corruption, yet Blatter's appointed professor confirmed in his report that the World Cup bidding procedure is: "A mix of corruption risk and conflict of interest concerns."

England's 2018 World Cup bid team, it has to be remembered, refused to acknowledge that even as they spent £21m schmoozing Blatter's Fifa around the world. Their budget was swelled by £2.5m public money from hard-up local authorities, told they might have a chance of hosting matches, who are now closing libraries and swimming pools due to massive government cuts. Days before the World Cup decision was made, a year ago today, our FA bid team wrote to Fifa's executive committee expressing "solidarity with you, as members of the football family". They scorned Panorama's allegations of massive bribe-taking by three members of the executive committee, who would vote on the World Cup, as "an embarrassment to the BBC". Then the bid team complained when England emerged with a single vote other than their own Geoff Thompson, that the executive committee had not been straight with them – not even with our "three lions" of David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham, who had fawned at Fifa's feet.

Pieth's own assessment leads inescapably to the conclusion that widespread corruption and trough-feeding may well have been happening on Blatter's watch, and so must be investigated if the organisation is to have a genuine foundation for decency in the future. As there is no sign of it, the credibility of Fifa's reforms is shot again, in the week the driver along the road map was presented. Without an investigation into what has happened while $4.2bn (£2.7bn) was sloshing around – tax-free in Switzerland – mostly from the 2010 World Cup, there can be no confidence in Fifa. Transparency International has learned, and understood quite quickly, that it should not hand over its reputation to dress the windows of Fifa House.

Blatter doesn't care. He is amoral. Short of criminal charges nothing will dislodge him. He is probably laughing and will spin his own reality in his head.

80deg16minW - 2/12/2011 14:08

Blatter doesn't care. He is amoral. Short of criminal charges nothing will dislodge him. He is probably laughing and will spin his own reality in his head.

I know you're right, but it still sickens me.

Spursex - 2/12/2011 10:30

80deg16minW - 2/12/2011 14:08

I know you're right, but it still sickens me.

Me too. I usually cut public figures some slack 'cause the media isn't that reliable. In Blatter's case he is the personification of everything that is wrong with Western civilization. I despise the fcuker. He is correct, in his case, football does reflect society. What really sends me is he gloats about it.

Greavswasthegreatest - 2/12/2011 16:06

Sometimes I wish there was a hell as it would ease my mind to know that a dispicable person like blatter would end up there.
e

It's astonishing how teflon like he's proved to be.....in the 1970s, Blatter was elected president of the World Society of Friends of Suspenders, an organization which tried to stop women replacing suspender belts with pantyhose!!

His personal nett worth is now being estimated at close to $100 million...how is that possible, even with a modest $1.5 million a year 'compensation package'..?

Mind blowing how he keeps getting away with it.

Blatter's fury at the English: You are out to get me, blasts under-fire FIFA chief

By Joe Bernstein

Last updated at 10:40 AM on 4th December 2011

Controversial FIFA chief Sepp Blatter has accused English football of holding a grudge against him because of their failed 2018 World Cup bid.

In an interview with a Swiss newspaper, Blatter drops any hint of diplomatic niceties to accuse England of sour grapes and conducting a witch-hunt against him.
Casting a shadow: Blatter claims English football holds a vendetta against him

Casting a shadow: Blatter claims English football holds a vendetta against him

Blatter has endured harsh criticism over the past year for his alleged failure to deal with accusations of corruption within FIFA.

There were also calls from figures in the English game for him to stand down after he appeared to say in the aftermath of claims against England captain John Terry that racist language could be solved with a handshake.
Behind you: Sepp Blatter is overshadowed by a red-nosed clown during a session of the 2011 FIFA Congress

Behind you: Sepp Blatter is overshadowed by a red-nosed clown during a session of the 2011 FIFA Congress

And in a third tussle with English football, Prince William, the president of the Football Association, helped to force Blatter into a climbdown over a ban on England players wearing Remembrance poppies.

Now, in an interview with Swiss newspaper Matin Dimanche, Blatter mocks the Football’s Coming Home theme which underpinned England’s staging of their last major international tournament, Euro ‘96, and which was an unspoken element in the 2018 bid.
Source of discontent: Blatter awards the 2018 World Cup to Russia

Source of discontent: Blatter awards the 2018 World Cup to Russia

Blatter says: ‘The English reckoned football was to come back home. They were sure of winning [the 2018 vote] and they got two votes. Since then, they have been looking for any means to justify their defeat.’

Blatter’s renewed attack on English football can only worsen a relationship already damaged almost beyond repair.
Football's not coming home: Crowds savour England's victory over Spain at Euro 96

Football's not coming home: Crowds savour England's victory over Spain at Euro 96

When England were candidates to host the 2006 World Cup, he somehow persuaded the FA to vote for him in his fight to keep the FIFA presidency.

But Germany, who won, and South Africa became the only serious contestants in that ballot.

Meanwhile, England’s Euro 2012 opponents, France, have switched their training camp from Poland to Ukraine in a bid to gain an advantage over their big Group D rivals.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2069674/Sepp-Blatter-blasts-English-FA.html#ixzz1fbGvKEoh

Good riddance.

The good news is Joao .Havelange, former president of FIFA, has resigned from the International Olympic Committee over allegations he accepted £6million in bribes. The bad news is Havelange is 95. So he got away with it. We must make sure he is the last.

Now it's official...no wonder he hand-picked Blatter...I wonder how many ways Blatter has covered up Havelanges tracks?

This makes Blatters protests that 'there is no corruption in FIFA look even sillier..

Former FIFA President Joao Havelange Resigns from IOC

Monday, 05 December 2011 02:00

Joao Havelange, the former FIFA president, has resigned from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) just days before an ethics commission is due to deliver its findings on allegations he received kick-backs.

Havelange, now aged 95, is the IOC's longest-serving member and has been under investigation for the past year into allegations by BBC Panorama that while at FIFA he received $1.5 million from now collapsed marketing company ISL.

A source within the IOC confirmed that Havelange had resigned.

The ethics commission are to report to the IOC executive board this week with a decision on any sanctions due on Thursday.

The ethics commission will also deliver findings on Panorama's allegations against two other IOC members, FIFA vice-president Issa Hayatou and Lamine Diack, president of the IAAF international athletics federation.

Havelange has been an IOC member since 1963 and with his resignation the investigation is likely to be dropped on the grounds that the IOC no longer have jurisdiction over him.

The Brazilian was FIFA president for 24 years until he was succeeded by Sepp Blatter in 1998.

Blatter has promised to open the court file relating to the ISL case later this month.

Panorama have also named Ricardo Teixeira, Havelange's former son-in-law and Brazil's 2014 World Cup chief, as having received payments from ISL.

All those alleged to have received payments have previously denied any wrongdoing.

FBI launches investigation into World Cup 'dirty tricks’ campaign
Investigators from the FBI have interviewed members of England’s failed 2018 World Cup bid as part of an investigation by the American law-enforcement agency into alleged corruption, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

FBI questions England’s 2018 World Cup team over corruption claims - Beckham, Blatter

Brought to book: David Beckham presents England's bid book for the 2018 World Cup to Sepp Blatter Photo: AFP

By Claire Newell and Paul Kelso

7:00AM GMT 07 Dec 2011

The interviews, conducted in the last month, are part of an FBI inquiry into allegations arising from the World Cup bidding process a year ago, and the Fifa presidential election in June.

Investigators claim to have “really great intelligence” of malpractice and came to London last month to interview people present in Zurich at the time of the World Cup vote.

It is understood that the FBI has “substantial evidence” of outside organisations attempting to hack the email accounts of the United States bid for the 2022 tournament, and believe the English bid may have also been affected.

The FBI is understood to have asked England 2018 officials, who are not under suspicion, if they were aware of dirty tricks or corruption in the World Cup bidding campaign.

The FBI is also understood to have asked questions relating to potential offences arising from the alleged bribery of Caribbean football officials by Mohammed Bin Hammam, who stood against Sepp Blatter for the Fifa presidency.

Bin Hammam has been banned for life by Fifa after being found to have offered $40,000 (£25,000) bribes to Caribbean football officials three weeks before the election.

It is suspected that the currency offered to the officials was transported through US borders, a potential offence if it was undeclared.

Jack Warner, former Fifa vice president and president of the Caribbean Football Union, resigned from all football posts after an in initial Fifa inquiry report found “compelling” evidence that he conspired with Bin Hammam to make the payments.

Last Friday was the first anniversary of the World Cup election, in which England were humiliated, receiving just one vote in addition to that of their own Fifa representative Geoff Thompson.

The FBI’s interest in the World Cup election is thought to be linked to an ongoing investigation into payments made to Chuck Blazer, the Fifa executive committee member who first revealed the bribery allegations against Bin Hammam and Warner.

In his role as general secretary of the Concacaf confederation Blazer received commission payments from Concacaf accounts totalling more than $500,000 (£320,000), some of which were linked to television contracts.

Some of the money was paid into an account in the Cayman Islands, with the most recent payment of $250,000 (£160,000) made in March this year and paid into an account in the Bahamas.

The payments were detailed in accounts and letters sent to the FBI by British journalist Andrew Jennings. In August Reuters reported that the payments were being reviewed by a New York-based FBI squad assigned to investigate “Eurasian organised crime”.

Blazer has not denied receiving the payments but said at the time: “All of my transactions have been legally and properly done, in compliance with the various laws of the applicable jurisdictions based on the nature of the transaction.”

The FBI’s investigation is proceeding with assistance from Fifa, whose head of security Chris Eaton is due to meet with them shortly in New York to discuss progress.

Since the award of the 2018 and 2022 World Cup competitions to Russia and Qatar there have been numerous accusations of corruption.

Even before the vote, in October last year, two of Fifa’s 24-man executive committee members were suspended after being exposed discussing selling their votes.

As well as Blazer and Warner, a further 16 Caribbean football officials have been sanctioned for their involvement in the Trinidad bribes meeting.

Another executive committee member, Worawi Makudi of Thailand, is also facing investigation by Fifa over allegations that money from Fifa’s GOAL development project was used to build facilities on land owned by him.

Makudi, who travelled to the Trinidad meeting with Bin Hammam, says that he gifted the land to the Thai FA and that there has been no wrongdoing. He has sent documents clarifying the ownership situation to Fifa, which will review them before deciding whether he will face an investigation by Fifa’s ethics committee.

Damian Collins, MP for Folkestone and Hythe and member of the culture, media and sport select committee, welcomed the FBI’s interest:

“I think it’s good that government agencies which have responsibility for law enforcement take the allegations very seriously and are investigating them properly.

“Fifa executives have to abide by international law and if they break those laws they should be investigated by any appropriate authority. It puts in stark comparison the arrogance of the Fifa committee who believe there is nothing to investigate at all and shows there are maybe lots of issues which should have been looked at more by Fifa themselves.”

The corruption allegations have destroyed Fifa’s reputation and left Blatter scrambling to introduce a reform programme that salvages some credibility for the organisation he has led for the last 13 years.

In October Blatter announced a reform programme but his plans have already begun to unravel. Last week Transparency International, the body that helped draw up the reforms, withdrew saying it no longer had faith in the independence of the process.

And yesterday Blatter said he was postponing plans to publish Swiss court papers that detail bribes received by Fifa officials from the collapsed sports rights and marketing agency ISL.

Fifa has been party to suppressing the documents since the court action against the officials, named by the BBC as former Fifa president Joao Havelange and executive committee members Ricardo Teixeira, was suspended last summer after they repaid more than £3 million in bribes.

Blatter had planned to publish the documents following an executive committee meeting on Dec 17, but yesterday publication was delayed because of legal objections from one of the parties.

“It was my strong will to make the ISL file fully transparent [on Dec 17]. I have now been advised that as a result of the objection of a third party to such transparency it will take more time to overcome the respective legal hurdles,” he said.

“This does not change my stance at all. I remain fully committed to publishing the files as soon as possible as an important part of my many reform plans for Fifa, which include handling the past as well as preparing the future structure of the organisation.”