Sepp Blatter at large aka following the little turd....... | Vital Football

Sepp Blatter at large aka following the little turd.......

D

Departed

Unfortunately Sepp Is going to change the face of football as you know it. The Qatar WC is the inflection point. There are too many countries willing to support FIFA on the winter idea. It will be interesting to see if the games are played on artificial surfaces as well. He has already won over the Asian leagues and now Russia will do what he wants. How many southern hemisphere and mid eastern leagues do you think will oppose him?

He is winning the war, he hasn't won yet. However, momentum is building in his favour. If the Euro Leagues are going to fight effectively they had better act quickly....not something they are good at.

It may be a good opportunity for the PL teams to require their players to forego playing for their national team. That will be an interesting discussion.

It will also be interesting to see how the law of unintended consequences plays out.

I think European nations should actually boycott the 2022 WC. Those that regularly play thru the winter period include virtually all the top players in the world, in fact all the WC players. If they and we boycott the 'winter' WC it'll look pretty crap.

Unfortunately this will never happen as nation's ruling bodies do not have the bottle. WQe might as well boycott it any way as we are shite and who cares if the rest of them think we are being petty. Fuck them.

The larger English domestic issue is what impact will this have on teams cash flow? With Spurs looking at taking on significant new financing for their new stadium, whatever that may be, they cannot afford a major disruption in cash flow 12 years out. Under the new break even rule they may have an additional problem qualifying for eligibility in any tournament. Admittedly the problem could extend to all Euro teams at the same time. If it does then they may all be ripe for take over or the rule will need to be relaxed. The discussions in the boardrooms of European soccer must be interesting to say the least. I am confident they will find a solution. Blather has given them 12 years to do it.

The Sport is poisoned by FIFA. I long for the day another organization operates alongside it. They need to remember they do NOT hold a patent for the game.

Go for it Putin. You have the muscle!

Galvin's Shinpads - 21/12/2010 08:01

The Sport is poisoned by FIFA. I long for the day another organization operates alongside it. They need to remember they do NOT hold a patent for the game.

Go for it Putin. You have the muscle!

I completely agree. The other side of the coin is that all those nations and leagues that don't agree will ignore the corruption as long as things are going their way. They will see Blatter as a champion of truly international football and discount any opposition on just about any grounds.

Unless an alternate champion emerges that can unify the football nations and leagues to fight the corruption you are stuck with FIFA. That champion cannot come from Europe.

Galvin's Shinpads - 21/12/2010 08:33

Putin's not from Europe! :17:

That takes corruption to a new level.

The best solution in my rather weak mind is to start a new world wide tournament in the summer every 4 years on a non Olympic year. I think the first one should be held in the US. Everyone would show up for all kinds of weird reasons. The Brits out of loyalty, the US enemies,
what better time to sneak people into the country, the rest of Europe because if the GD British are going so are we.

Anyway, an alternative tournament without any qualifying rounds would generate revenues to kick start the organization. The US has a number of single game knock out tournaments that are really exciting to watch because ANYONE can win. Now that would be fun

under lennert Johannson, I always got the impression that UEFA would fancy taking over as the biggest ruler in football, but they dont seem to have the same craving for power under Platini, he seems quite happy to victimize England..

Need something completely new. Think of the countries that would come to a tournament that didn't have qualifying rounds. Ireland perhaps? The first two or three tournaments would be laughed at, however, if it was run properly it would evolve into a much more popular format than the rather BORING World Cup.

Refs might be a problem but that would be short term.

Sorry to p*** on anyone's chips but Russia IS a part of Europe. (Not part of the European Union, I grant you). Sorry Galvins Shinpads!

But Blatter is an opinionated so and so and I don't agree with all that he says. I have no objection to a Christmas WC but as Sven has said recently, we would need a winter break in this country, more so if it happened.

Our league arrangements need adjusting anyway, we always seem to be up against it with the timing of european cup competitions and world cups. Our lads always seem tired when it comes to these things.

I would prefer a new tournament. Single game elimination. No one can come in dogging it.

128 teams
32 venues
2 games per week per team and the tournament is over in 3. I would be open to 1 game per week but 6 weeks?

Wide open for anyone to win, much more fun to watch, upsets, heroics, all kinds of drama.

The major benefit would be to countries who need to develop their programs. They would get international experience through this format.

FIFA WC is a very exclusive club no matter how they present themselves. Their weakness is that exclusivity. A more inclusive tournament that anyone can win is the antidote.

Welshtel - 21/12/2010 17:11

Sorry to p*** on anyone's chips but Russia IS a part of Europe. (Not part of the European Union, I grant you). Sorry Galvins Shinpads!

But Blatter is an opinionated so and so and I don't agree with all that he says. I have no objection to a Christmas WC but as Sven has said recently, we would need a winter break in this country, more so if it happened.

Our league arrangements need adjusting anyway, we always seem to be up against it with the timing of european cup competitions and world cups. Our lads always seem tired when it comes to these things.

You really have to get out more. Of course Russia is a part of Europe. Putin is not European though. He's God...amongst crooks!

I'll let it slide seeing as you are a regular Charlie Church

If anyone has any feedback on this tournament idea and how it should be constructed I would like to hear it. I'm going to talk to a few people and see if I can create a groundswell of support.

This is going to be fun.

All of these people work for him. All of them would stick a knife in their eye if he told them.

In fact, the Bear is not even sedated...

[youtube=v/6w9BO9FnjU0]

In this one, the whales wouldn't even surface. They just knew...

(notice how natural he looks with the crossbow!)

[youtube=v/U9nt_IB-vTE&feature=channel]

80deg16minW - 21/12/2010 12:49

The larger English domestic issue is what impact will this have on teams cash flow? With Spurs looking at taking on significant new financing for their new stadium, whatever that may be, they cannot afford a major disruption in cash flow 12 years out. Under the new break even rule they may have an additional problem qualifying for eligibility in any tournament. Admittedly the problem could extend to all Euro teams at the same time. If it does then they may all be ripe for take over or the rule will need to be relaxed. The discussions in the boardrooms of European soccer must be interesting to say the least. I am confident they will find a solution. Blather has given them 12 years to do it.

Every FA that took part in the last World Cup got $40 mill to distribute between the players clubs (of course after they take a very healthy slug) ..

$70 million is already the minimum guaranteed pay-out per country for Brazil....the prediction for Russia is $100 mill, so Q is likely to be way in excess of that...

Money won't be the issue - and as for Blatter 'winning' he'll be dead by then...and we'll have to deal with Platini ...

Ahhh yes but you still have the FIFA organization to deal with. blather is just a symptom. Time to change the playing field. There will be money to distribute to countries that wouldn't get a sniff of WC money. It will be worth their while to participate. It may end up being similar to the NBA NCAA final four situation. The Final Four tournament is unbelievably exciting.....and profitable.

What's to deal with..?

FIFA will not be reformed until Blatter is dead and buried - he's apparently going to stand for office again..he has all the small nations in his back pocket with his FIFA largesse..

The major footballing leagues will one by one say no to a winter World Cup, and then given the ridiculous heat in Quatar if the stadiums are anything less than completely air-conditioned, you'll see a rash of stars withdrawing..

What everyone is ignoring and arguably they will have the largest say, is the will of the global media giants to allow this to happen, and there are a whole host of reasons why they won't allow it..

You may be correct, however,you are basing your assumptions about FIFA on the fact that blather is the sole problem with the organization. I find it very hard to believe that it is not an institutionalized way of operating and that those blather survivors will not continue in the same vein.

As far as the media giants are concerned I am sure Chinese state television, al Jazeera and any other very well funded media organization would be more than happy to fill that vacuum and sell feed rights to those that mistakenly opted out. Without meaning to be rude you seem to be taking a very Eurocentric view of the situation. If you think the Arab world is going to let this fail.........someone else mentioned this a couple of weeks ago and changed my view of the situation. Might have been grid do.

My stance is not to try to reform something that evolved from the status quo but to revolutionize the approach.