Sepp Blatter at large aka following the little turd....... | Page 14 | Vital Football

Sepp Blatter at large aka following the little turd.......

FIFA sees no reason for authorities in the United States to investigate the 2018 World Cup bidding race, its communications director told RIA Novosti on Thursday.

Reports in the British media earlier this week claimed the FBI had interviewed members of England’s failed World Cup bid to ask if they were aware of any dirty tricks by competitors during the run-up to last year’s FIFA vote in Zurich.

The Daily Telegraph said that as part of an ongoing probe into corruption, the FBI had uncovered substantial evidence of attempts to hack the email accounts of the United States’ bid for the tournament, which was eventually awarded to Russia, and suspect the English bid may also have come under attack.

The newspaper did not say where it got its information from.

Walter De Gregorio, FIFA’s recently appointed communications director, said he couldn’t understand the motivation for the reported probe.

“As far as FIFA is concerned there is no investigation whatsoever. Don’t ask me why the FBI is investigating. I don’t know. What I know is that (the FBI) is interviewing people who were involved in the (English) bid. Whatever the reason is, we have to find out,” he said.

He said FIFA would answer any requests for assistance with the investigation, but that it was unclear what information any answers would contain.

“I have to speak later on that. So far we haven’t received anything (from the FBI), and I think that we won’t.”

De Gregorio made it clear that whatever the results of the investigation, the results of the December 2010 vote in Zurich would stand.

The decision to hand the World Cup to Russia left British officials led by Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham enraged, particularly in light of an expose on British television that alleged votes were sold.

“For us, Russia won the bid. I understand, that, you know, coming with Cameron, coming with Prince William and Beckham, and coming back with one vote – it’s hard, it’s pretty hard. I understand the disappointment, but at the same time you should give respect to who won the bid, to Russia.”

Russia’s 2018 organizing committee on Thursday denied any knowledge of the FBI probe, and defended its conduct during the vote process.

“We at Russia 2018 are proud of the way we conducted ourselves throughout a long and highly competitive campaign; as an LOC, we are driven by exactly the same transparency, commitment to excellence and spirit of Fair Play that underpinned our successful bid,” the committee said in a statement.

FIFA accepts decision to release kickback files

ZURICH (AP) – FIFA officials have decided to accept a Swiss court decision clearing the way for the release of a document naming soccer officials who took millions of dollars in kickbacks from World Cup broadcast deals.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter, seen in October, has come under fire throughout his tenure for a lack of transparency in the international soccer governing body's actions.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter, seen in October, has come under fire throughout his tenure for a lack of transparency in the international soccer governing body's actions.

World soccer's ruling body said in a statement Tuesday it has "taken note" of the court decision and will not appeal "as it corresponds to the position" taken by the Zurich-based organization and its president, Sepp Blatter. Officials added, however, that they would not comment on the document's contents until its release has been cleared by the court.
The decision by a canton (state) Zug court was reported Tuesday by Zurich business weekly Handelszeitung. It rejects multiple appeals blocking the publication of the documents. The latest decision is open to further appeal for 30 days.

The document in question details a settlement announced in June 2010 whereby senior soccer officials admitted taking kickbacks and repaid $6.1 million. The officials repaid the money on condition that their identities remained anonymous.

The 10-year-old scandal stems from alleged payments made by the ISL marketing agency before its 2001 collapse with debts of $300 million. It reportedly implicates former FIFA President Joao Havelange and Ricardo Teixeira, the 2014 World Cup organizing committee president.
Blatter had promised in October to publish the document after his executive committee met Dec. 16-17 in Tokyo.

But FIFA postponed its publication, saying "legal measures" taken by a party involved in the ISL scandal prevented it from releasing the court papers Dec. 17. FIFA did not identify the third party that had stalled the process.

Dealing with the ISL case became a signature test of Blatter's promised willingness to reform FIFA and world soccer after a slew of scandals involving bribery, vote rigging and ticket scams.

"It was my strong will to make the ISL file fully transparent at this meeting," Blatter said in a statement Dec. 7. "I have now been advised that as a result of the objection of a third party to such transparency it will take more time to overcome the respective legal hurdles.
"This does not change my stance at all. I remain fully committed to publishing the files as soon as possible."

Blatter's promise of publication was initially met with skepticism by veteran FIFA watchers. However, Blatter and FIFA officials insisted in recent weeks that the 41-page German-language document from the Zug court would be translated into English, French and Spanish and then published.

Blatter has said he was cleared of wrongdoing in all aspects of the ISL case. Still, the court document could give details of his awareness of kickbacks being paid at a time when commercial bribery was not a crime in Switzerland.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/world/story/2011-12-27/fifa-corruption-kickbacks-sepp-blatter/52247474/1

This one is actually hilarious.....

Jack suspicious of Blatter's Caribbean move
Football heads meet in Zurich

By Nikita Braxton-Benjamin
Story Created: Dec 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM ECT

FORMER FIFA vice president Jack Warner has called the meeting of Caribbean football presidents in Zurich, Switzerland, days ago a plan by FIFA head Sepp Blatter to recolonise the Caribbean.

A decision was taken during the meeting to form a Normalisation Committee to execute tasks on behalf of the Caribbean Football Union.
Warner said such a move could lead to Caribbean countries being unable to qualify for the World Cup and CFU losing ties with the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF).
"If the members can't see that, something is wrong and I didn't stay there for 20 years for that. I cannot stay quiet ... let the chips fall where they fall," Warner said.

Football presidents from 30 countries met in FIFA's headquarters in Zurich last Tuesday and Wednesday although Warner said yesterday that the CFU had already decided in February that next year a conference will be held.

"What (resident of FIFA) Mr Blatter has tried to do was to recolonise the Caribbean ... I couldn't stay quiet anymore because it was a form of recolonisation from which the Caribbean had emerged and there's no way I will stay quiet when that is taking place," Warner said.

Presidential candidate Harold Taylor has called the decision to form the Normalisation Committee illegal and unconstitutional. He said the statutes state that to have a CFU Congress there must be at least two elected members present and there was none at the meeting in Zurich.
Warner yesterday said such a meeting needed a minimum of 30 days notice and a proper agenda.

Warner resigned from FIFA after ethics investigations were begun into a meeting he held with former FIFA presidential candidate and Asian Football Confederation chief Mohammed Bin Hammam. It is alleged by FIFA that payments were made to CFU officials ahead of the election for FIFA president in June.

Bin Hammam has since been banned for life from football activities by FIFA.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Jack_suspicious_of_Blatter_s_Caribbean_move-136194043.html

Just how good are the English FA looking now?

Bayern Munich President Voices Blatter Concerns

Friday, 06 January 2012 12:38

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has spoken of his reservations about Sepp Blatter remaining at the helm of FIFA.

Hoeness has asserted that the president of football's governing body should be replaced if he fails to cleanse the game of the various ills that befell it in 2011.

He stated in an interview with German daily paper Sueddeutsche Zeitung, “Blatter must clearly explain in the next 12 months how he wants to dry out this swamp, and if he doesn’t do that, one must create possibilities to depose him.

“Every week something new comes up. We have been quiet for a while because we had the feeling that it was sorting itself out. But now we will once again put the matter on the boil".

His comments echo the words of the German footballing giant’s CEO, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who lampooned the “daily corruption process at FIFA” in a speech in his role as Chair of the European Club Association in 2011.

Blatter was re-elected as FIFA president for the fourth time last year in spite of an annus horribilis for the 75-year-old which featured bribery and corruption scandals, as well as the racism furore.

This whole thing is sickening. Blatter is at the head of the bloody corruption and people honestly think that he is going to come clean and make it easy for people to out him. Then everyone ******* tip toes around the thing going ok we will be quite.

They hired Lord Coe to look into corruption and when he asked about records of the leaders of fifa they scoffed at him and told him no, you will look into corruption on lower levels and then come to us with the findings.

Hope the americans do get involved about this coz they honestly don't give a fuck about any going up against fifa and getting kicked out of competitions. Someone has insulted their pride and you don't do that to 'Merica fuck yeah. If they do anything The US will go to one of their own courts and sue for a ridiculous sum of money and then black list fifa from anything to do with the states.

Z,

if that happens, I'd love it, The thought of the corrupt little shite getting away with it all drives me nuts.

I really want this man removed from office prior to his stepping down of his own volition. He needs to be humiliated, although sometimes I think that would be impossible.

He needs to do some charity work. After that he can have a parade down the main street and marry his daughter to her cousin. All forgiven!

Oh how I hope this happens..................

Sepp Blatter could face an early challenge to his Fifa presidency from Michel Platini

Sepp Blatter did his best to hide the tensions at the heart of Fifa during the Ballon d’Or ceremony on Monday night, but there are increasing signs that the president will struggle to see out his full term to 2015, and could be forced out by the end of the year.

Blatter’s fate would appear to rest on Michel Platini’s appetite for unseating him early, with growing speculation that the Uefa president would have the support of the professional clubs and leagues for an early tilt at the Fifa job.
Platini owes his position to Blatter’s support, but is perhaps the only figure with the stature to move to unseat his mentor.

The impending publication of a Swiss court report into the ISL bribery scandal will have an impact on events. The document will name two Fifa officials who accepted bribes, including current executive committee member Ricardo Teixeira, and will serve as a reminder of the sort of conduct tolerated by Blatter during his tenure.

Blatter’s grip on power depends on the support of Congress and an embattled executive committee, many of whom were present in Zurich for the ceremony.

Worawi Makudi (cleared of profiting from development funds), Issa Hayatou (recently sanctioned by the IOC for accepting “bribes” from ISL), Chuck Blazer (under investigation by the FBI) and Manilal Fernando (part of the Mohammed Bin Hammam delegation at last year’s notorious Trinidad “bribery” meeting) all mingled with Lionel Messi and Co in the VIP lounge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9005874/Sepp-Blatter-could-face-an-early-challenge-to-his-Fifa-presidency-from-Michel-Platini.html

80deg16minW - 16/1/2012 17:53

Galvin's Shinpads - 16/1/2012 12:34

Because it it true.

I have always viewed Platini as someone who is trying to clean up football.

Here's another clue; Platini (who heavily backed the idea of having the World Cup in Qatar)'s son has taken up a shady role with Qatar Sports Investments group, who currently own PSG!

Galvin's Shinpads - 23/1/2012 16:38

Because it it true.

Here's another clue; Platini (who heavily backed the idea of having the World Cup in Qatar)'s son has taken up a shady role with Qatar Sports Investments group, who currently own PSG!

What is a shady role?

80deg16minW - 23/1/2012 21:39

Galvin's Shinpads - 23/1/2012 16:38

Because it it true.

What is a shady role?

essential in Qatar I should think - its feckin hot out there

FIFA news
Johansson: Blatter must leave FIFA
February 3, 2012

Former UEFA president Lennart Johansson has accused Sepp Blatter of "dictating" world football and called for the FIFA supremo to stand down.

Johansson, a former FIFA vice-president, lost a 1998 election for the top job to Blatter and has watched on as the Swiss supremo held onto power ever since.

The Swede told the BBC's World Service the situation must change, with Batter re-elected unopposed for a fourth term last year.

"It cannot be that only one man should be dictating and taking all the decisions about world football," he said. "There is not much more to do than to get rid of the man in question."

Johansson believes his successor as UEFA president, Michel Platini, is the man to replace Blatter.

"He is to me closer to what I was looking for," he said.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1016860/lennart-johansson:-sepp-blatter-must-leave-fifa?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901