Season tickets | Page 5 | Vital Football

Season tickets

I also have no problem with the increases, but just be honest and transparent about it.

A season ticket is good value as has been stated. It can also be purchased in instalments if that helps fans on a strict budget.

For an over-60, like me, it averages out at £9.95 per game which is still very acceptable.

No problem with the price increase at all.
My only comment is that renewal forms could have been sent in the post to existing season ticket holders. I don't own a printer to get the pdf form and there may be a lot of the older generation that don't go on the internet.

My only comment is that renewal forms could have been sent in the post to existing season ticket holders. I don't own a printer to get the pdf form and there may be a lot of the older generation that don't go on the internet.

Done on the right way it should in theory be possible to fill a PDF in electronically and email back. Appreciate that wouldn't suit everyone either though.

We already have around 3 times as many fans as clubs in our division, paying around the same entry fee, surely this extra revenue would suffice. We have over 3 times as many ST holders as last season and most home games are nearly sold out, would be nice if the club thanked the fans by not increasing cost but spending the extra revenue already earned.

I'm only on page two of this thread and you've made your point three times. What other activity could bring you so much joy fofor under a tenner a week?
No one is criticising you for expressing a point of view different to theirs, it is a perfectly valid opinion. Perhaps it would have been nice for the board to have recognised the backing the supporters have given, but perhaps that is exactly what they have done? Perhaps the increase should have been £40 to enable them to do what they plan to next season? Or £50? We don't know.

Or perhaps they intend to recognise the support by giving it the best football team they possibly can?

Let's get this straight: the club has increased prices by 10% or so, and is not hiding from that. But very few supporters will fail to see the value in it, especially given the events of the last few weeks. Ipswich have been rebuffed, we have our new training ground - sorry, Elite Performance Centre - in the pipeline, and the likes of Bostwick of Nazareth and Neal Eardley are likely to be remaining on the Loco. We are not heading back to the days of Holdsworth and Simpson - at least, not yet.

As I will write in the Average Player Ratings article for April, Lincoln City has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to turn itself into a solid mid-sized football club capable of holding its own at Championship level. It has the management team, many of the players, and most certainly the support to do that, but it cannot be achieved without maximising the financial return from the business model.

Unfortunately, that can sound hard-nosed from a commercial point of view, but this football club is also a business. Promotion to League One will cost a lot of money. Promotion to the Championship will cost even more. I appreciate that many fans - including myself - have financial limits, but we are on the cusp of something very special.

I have been watching this club for almost 50 years, and I have never seen it play in tier two. I heard plenty of tales about it when I was a boy, listening to the old timers who had actually witnessed such a thing, and I was envious of them. Bill Anderson, Andy Graver, Johnny Garvie, Roy Finch, Tony Emery: all magical names that I missed by a decade or so, but I wish to God I had been there to see them. They are all gone now, every single one of them; it was a lifetime ago.

Sorry to be selfish for a moment, but I want to see my club in the second tier - the Championship - and I want to see how far it can go after that. I am in my 50s, and this opportunity will never come again in my lifetime.

Worth an extra 10%? As far as I am concerned, don't even bother asking the question.

Exactly. My first game 1965. I don't go every week due to geography but put my money in differently. Championship before I pass away is the dream.

My take on it is that an increase was inevitable and whilst recognising that there will be people on a budget who will find it hard this still represents good value at £14.30 for an adult and £2 for my lad per game. I do agree that the shortened renewal period puts more pressure on some and whilst the club will be eager to get the renewals banked perhaps that was an oversight. With regard to the PR angle I'm not convinced the club have blobbed on this. I suspect the PR was done with 2 great seasons and the unveiling of the EPC plus contract renewals for Cowleys and Boss the day before releasing ST details - the PR speaks for itself and I don't feel needed spelling out. I have empathy for those on tight budgets but I am as happy as Larry with how this has been managed and fully understand the increase. Cannot wait to see how this season pans out and looking forward to next year already. Exciting times.

Reading tweets I think renewal seats will be reserved beyond the first deadline. It hasn't been communicated but my guess is that the first deadline is timed in the hope that we still won't know what league we'll be in next season. Maybe there are potentially 2 pricing structures that could be implemented during phase 2.

Not really got much of an issue with the price increase.

But not sure about moving the JIC and the legends lounge. Kids won't have a great view from the Bridge McFarland, for me they should have one of the best views in the house, they are the future. And the legends lounge is a good idea, but to me the co-op is the everyday mans stand. Last Saturday it was rocking from end to end, worry having this in there could disrupt that.

Just hope that any current season ticket holders in Upper 2 who are being displaced by the Legends thing, will get first pick of any remaining seats in the Co op Upper post May 25th. It seems sales will be frozen after May25th, probably to look at the situation, what is left etc , maybe that will be the chance to sort this potential problem out the best they can.
Even less choice than the 'Gantry-gate' lot last season!

Done on the right way it should in theory be possible to fill a PDF in electronically and email back. Appreciate that wouldn't suit everyone either though.
Or over EB, but that might have come to early in the relationship with them for that. I can't imagine it's a particularly straight forward thing to do, especially for ticketing Company with their first move into football. Probably been a steep learning curve for them this season with us.

How many new season ticket holders were there this season ( not renewals from the previous season) ? 3,500 approx ? I think they would of paid the £329 price at the start of this season for being a new season ticket holder. So for these people there is not actually an increase just not a reduction ? ( I stand to be corrected though)

I think the increase is justified to be fair to the club. Also the market for tickets for games at the moment prove they have a product that is worth a lot more than they are currently charging. It's the best show in town by far. I would expect a similar 10% increase in admission prices to £20 as well. There's a number of clubs charging more than that already in division 2. If it's division 1 it will probably be the cheapest in the division.

Supply and demand. This is a fair price and to put it into context if we shift say 7k ST that will probably bring in similar gate receipts to Bradford 20k subsidised tickets. The pricing feels about right to me.

OK didn't realise that, I'll wait and see if I can do it.

I don't have a printer that works either so I used a PDF viewer that you can type on to return the completed forms back to the club electronically, it can definitely be done If I can manage it.

How many new season ticket holders were there this season ( not renewals from the previous season) ? 3,500 approx ? I think they would of paid the £329 price at the start of this season for being a new season ticket holder. So for these people there is not actually an increase just not a reduction ? ( I stand to be corrected though)
Yep, £329 and £365 full price. It's effectively the renewal price that's gone.

These are last seasons:

https://www.redimps.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

What’s the uptake likely to be? Are all those season ticket holders on here going to renew, any new season ticket holders, or anyone not renewing?

I feel personally sales will be very high again more down to the fear of scrambling for tickets again particularly for the big games.

What’s the uptake likely to be? Are all those season ticket holders on here going to renew, any new season ticket holders, or anyone not renewing?

I feel personally sales will be very high again more down to the fear of scrambling for tickets again particularly for the big games.

It's all about supply and demand, yesterday there was a poster outside the Grey Horse pub saying that a season ticket for Accrington next season is £219, match day prices (which is what us away supporters will pay) is £20, they are looking after the home fans because they have no choice.

I think I read somewhere Accrington sold 400 last season. Shows what they have achieved is incredible, however for them trying to increase the attendance is like flogging a dead horse.