Season tickets | Page 4 | Vital Football

Season tickets

It won't be the same without Gary, how I wish we could join him trawling round the Blackpool hotspots tonight, those real ale gaffs won't know whats hit em.
Pint sir? Only when my dads buying!?

For my two penth worth.

For the first time ever in 35 years of watching the Imps I am going to need a season ticket.

There is very likely to be, at the end of the season ticket open sale, a waiting list for season tickets. Yes...LCFC will have a waiting list for season tickets!!

A key line in the announcement was the £329 was for existing season ticket holders and I would expect the fee for new season ticket holders to be significant (but demand will outstrip supply).

Not entirely sure what is happening in the BM with the existing season ticket holder there but, on my reckoning, there will be around 1800-2000 (max) new season tickets available after renewals PLUS any non renewals.

Clear direction from club that SW will be for away fans only or away/home split keeping BM and Uni as home areas.

Don't have any issues with paying a higher season ticket (which is more than comparable with other EFL2 clubs) than previously would have been the case-if I can get one- there is a cost to keeping DC/NC and investing in a team which will deliver in whatever league we are in.

Do we have to keep some seats back for general sale or could we, in theory, sell out the home seats?

Do we have to keep some seats back for general sale or could we, in theory, sell out the home seats?

From my understanding and the club information, only the SW will be non season ticket as the away end will be full for the visit of several clubs (no matter which league).

So any other ticket can be a ST?

Unless there is some elven magic afoot

Could everyone please accept my most sincere apologies for expressing a point of view different to theres, I shall continue to purchase my season ticket as I have done for the last 15 years, I just thought it would of been nice if for once the board (NOT DC OR NC) recognised the backing the supporters have given our club and not increased prices, not a lot to ask as the club have already somewhat increased revenue by attracting increased support, so no it wasn't really necessary. I'll not offer any further comment on this because I get the impression I'm winding people up which in all honesty was not my intention, I've supported the club through thick and thin, home and away and always enjoy the day out wherever it is and will continue to do so.

JamesImp. I have no issues with your opinion or assessment and welcome them.

This is a broad church and should be a tolerant one too. We'll never agree on everything and that is good, and personally I think an 18% hike in a ST for an Adult and a child in JI stand is a bit steep. The PR hasn't been great on this again, no explanation of the reasons as to why the increases on EB prices...yet they may be obvious and the shunting of the JI to the BM stand too. There maybe really good reasons...but a LACK of an explanation is clumsy and in fact means that the club have shot themselves in the foot for not EXPLAINING. We have seen this a number of times in the past. It would seem that this is a repeated lesson that is still not being learnt.

Sort it out please. I don't care if it's spin when it's announce it...Just think and explain it in future please....AGAIN!

Finally I'm not interested on people rounding on individuals just because their views differ. It is juvenile, crass and is more fitting of LCB.

JamesImp your views are valid, even though they may not be popular. Keep on posting mate.

I buy two season tickets, one for me (over 60) and one for my son (adult) and I am a bit surprised that BOTH have gone up by £30 each. That's a 12% increase on last season when added together. That seems a bit steep although I know only too well that I'll pay it.

No mention of the car park season ticket which I always buy, too.

R.e. the SW, are we suggesting that we're looking at giving the minimum 1,000, or still allowing Club's to take the full allocation of 1,700(?) if needed?

A GIF? General Idiot Foto!

In view of your three posts in this thread regarding James' avatar, may I ask what you have against it? Does it threaten you in some way? Have you said similar about other avatars that are seen on this website?

We had 1050 seats in the coop for this season. Think the bm stand holds 720 and lower 1 is around 400 so might be more. Like unbelievable Jeff quite shocked at the price increase for our bit ,zebra finance for me !
If it's increased it, then that's a plus even if the view isn't as good.

Sounds as though it's being done due to additional family bits and pieces around the JIC, so perhaps makes it work better in and around that area.

Could everyone please accept my most sincere apologies for expressing a point of view different to theres, I shall continue to purchase my season ticket as I have done for the last 15 years, I just thought it would of been nice if for once the board (NOT DC OR NC) recognised the backing the supporters have given our club and not increased prices, not a lot to ask as the club have already somewhat increased revenue by attracting increased support, so no it wasn't really necessary. I'll not offer any further comment on this because I get the impression I'm winding people up which in all honesty was not my intention, I've supported the club through thick and thin, home and away and always enjoy the day out wherever it is and will continue to do so.

No one is criticising you for expressing a point of view different to theirs, it is a perfectly valid opinion. Perhaps it would have been nice for the board to have recognised the backing the supporters have given, but perhaps that is exactly what they have done? Perhaps the increase should have been £40 to enable them to do what they plan to next season? Or £50? We don't know.

Or perhaps they intend to recognise the support by giving it the best football team they possibly can?

Let's get this straight: the club has increased prices by 10% or so, and is not hiding from that. But very few supporters will fail to see the value in it, especially given the events of the last few weeks. Ipswich have been rebuffed, we have our new training ground - sorry, Elite Performance Centre - in the pipeline, and the likes of Bostwick of Nazareth and Neal Eardley are likely to be remaining on the Loco. We are not heading back to the days of Holdsworth and Simpson - at least, not yet.

As I will write in the Average Player Ratings article for April, Lincoln City has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to turn itself into a solid mid-sized football club capable of holding its own at Championship level. It has the management team, many of the players, and most certainly the support to do that, but it cannot be achieved without maximising the financial return from the business model.

Unfortunately, that can sound hard-nosed from a commercial point of view, but this football club is also a business. Promotion to League One will cost a lot of money. Promotion to the Championship will cost even more. I appreciate that many fans - including myself - have financial limits, but we are on the cusp of something very special.

I have been watching this club for almost 50 years, and I have never seen it play in tier two. I heard plenty of tales about it when I was a boy, listening to the old timers who had actually witnessed such a thing, and I was envious of them. Bill Anderson, Andy Graver, Johnny Garvie, Roy Finch, Tony Emery: all magical names that I missed by a decade or so, but I wish to God I had been there to see them. They are all gone now, every single one of them; it was a lifetime ago.

Sorry to be selfish for a moment, but I want to see my club in the second tier - the Championship - and I want to see how far it can go after that. I am in my 50s, and this opportunity will never come again in my lifetime.

Worth an extra 10%? As far as I am concerned, don't even bother asking the question.

I have no problem at all with this small increase and of course like everyone else will be renewing (and predict a complete se out by end of May!). But i did wonder, like JamesImp, if the club would do a nice thank you gesture and freeze prices.
On the other hand we may very well of course be getting Lge 1 season tkts!

And having read ScotImp's excellent post, i have to agree fully with everything in it. And am clearly of same vintage! And doubtless ScotImp was also at Fulham all those years ago when we came within a whisker of div2. I hope the Cowleys can finally deliver us back into the 2nd level where we spent most of our history before i was born!

No one is criticising you for expressing a point of view different to theirs, it is a perfectly valid opinion. Perhaps it would have been nice for the board to have recognised the backing the supporters have given, but perhaps that is exactly what they have done? Perhaps the increase should have been £40 to enable them to do what they plan to next season? Or £50? We don't know.

Or perhaps they intend to recognise the support by giving it the best football team they possibly can?

Let's get this straight: the club has increased prices by 10% or so, and is not hiding from that. But very few supporters will fail to see the value in it, especially given the events of the last few weeks. Ipswich have been rebuffed, we have our new training ground - sorry, Elite Performance Centre - in the pipeline, and the likes of Bostwick of Nazareth and Neal Eardley are likely to be remaining on the Loco. We are not heading back to the days of Holdsworth and Simpson - at least, not yet.

As I will write in the Average Player Ratings article for April, Lincoln City has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to turn itself into a solid mid-sized football club capable of holding its own at Championship level. It has the management team, many of the players, and most certainly the support to do that, but it cannot be achieved without maximising the financial return from the business model.

Unfortunately, that can sound hard-nosed from a commercial point of view, but this football club is also a business. Promotion to League One will cost a lot of money. Promotion to the Championship will cost even more. I appreciate that many fans - including myself - have financial limits, but we are on the cusp of something very special.

I have been watching this club for almost 50 years, and I have never seen it play in tier two. I heard plenty of tales about it when I was a boy, listening to the old timers who had actually witnessed such a thing, and I was envious of them. Bill Anderson, Andy Graver, Johnny Garvie, Roy Finch, Tony Emery: all magical names that I missed by a decade or so, but I wish to God I had been there to see them. They are all gone now, every single one of them; it was a lifetime ago.

Sorry to be selfish for a moment, but I want to see my club in the second tier - the Championship - and I want to see how far it can go after that. I am in my 50s, and this opportunity will never come again in my lifetime.

Worth an extra 10%? As far as I am concerned, don't even bother asking the question.

The issue is, though, ScotImp, that if the club had put out 1/15th of this with their release, it would have silenced anyone who wished to criticise them. My issue is the continuing own goals they make with PR.

Liam Scilly said earlier in the season they had learnt from that. They haven't. So please someone at the club sort it out.

I don't mind what spin is put out with a Press Release, but we all deserve a simple explanation as to why things are as they are. It's not difficult. That seems to be the most frustrating thing.

Just hope that any current season ticket holders in Upper 2 who are being displaced by the Legends thing, will get first pick of any remaining seats in the Co op Upper post May 25th. It seems sales will be frozen after May25th, probably to look at the situation, what is left etc , maybe that will be the chance to sort this potential problem out the best they can.

If it's increased it, then that's a plus even if the view isn't as good.

Sounds as though it's being done due to additional family bits and pieces around the JIC, so perhaps makes it work better in and around that area.
My daughter and I already sit in lower 1 so it should not affect us but clearly it will this who had seats in upper 1&2.
The average number of seats per block in the Coop is 412 but clearly some don't like lower one as it has a disabled bit in it like lower 7 and some of the upper blocks have the entrances in and block four has the TV gantry in.
Guessing lower one must have 350 seats in it at least as that's how many jic season ticket holders there are currently.
Wonder how much match day prices will be £20 in advance?

I'm not too sure how clear it is on the club's website but apparently the legends lounge won't take up the whole of Upper 2.

No Eventbrite charges or gimmicks, just whack the price up 10%. Because they don't need any no referral money either.

The heading states there are no Eventbrite fees. The text however says they are included in the cost. So maybe that is where 6% of the increase comes from? Surely if they are included, a hidden cost is precisely what they are.

Some clarity please LCFC

"No Eventbrite or card fees On Season Ticket Purchases
The Club are pleased to announce that all Eventbrite fees and card fees will be included in the overall price of the tickets. There are no hidden charges or gimmicks. This means that the price you see is the price you pay."

The heading states there are no Eventbrite fees. The text however says they are included in the cost. So maybe that is where 6% of the increase comes from? Surely if they are included, a hidden cost is precisely what they are.

Some clarity please LCFC

"No Eventbrite or card fees On Season Ticket Purchases
The Club are pleased to announce that all Eventbrite fees and card fees will be included in the overall price of the tickets. There are no hidden charges or gimmicks. This means that the price you see is the price you pay."

Which is what several clubs do- Barnet away was the easiest ticket to purchase (online) this season but all fees were included in the £23 ticket price.

My maths works out a renewal season ticket means you get to watch the Imps at home for £14.30 per game.

I am really struggling to see how anyone can see this is a problem.