Sack Race | Page 4 | Vital Football

Sack Race

They were absolutely dreadful when we played them.

The last time I recall seeing a worse team was when we played Bolton a few seasons back when they were playing 15 year old kids.
Says it all that the one team in the league we’ve beaten have had their manager sacked!
Lost count of the number of managers who’ve been sacked after losing to the mighty Gills over the years.

Come on, you know how this works. Our result against Rochdale is now meaningless along with our only goal. We are the worst in the division, across the divisions, in all of football. But for luck we would have conceded more in every game. Sack everyone, refund season tickets, prepare for the end.

Jim Bentley (the former Morecambe boss) has taken over at Rochdale. Fairly steady appointment I think, but he had a pretty torrid time at Fylde ending in their relegation from the national league.

Jim Bentley (the former Morecambe boss) has taken over at Rochdale. Fairly steady appointment I think, but he had a pretty torrid time at Fylde ending in their relegation from the national league.

My old "mate" Chris Beech (the ex-Carlisle manager) would have been a much better appointment IMO. I watched Jim Bentley`s tenure at Fylde and wasn`t at all impressed. He`s ultra negative and appears far more interested in not losing than winning. Possibly a legacy of saving Morecambe from relegation umpteen seasons in a row.

My old "mate" Chris Beech (the ex-Carlisle manager) would have been a much better appointment IMO. I watched Jim Bentley`s tenure at Fylde and wasn`t at all impressed. He`s ultra negative and appears far more interested in not losing than winning. Possibly a legacy of saving Morecambe from relegation umpteen seasons in a row.

Absolutely agree his focus is always on not losing which he did very well at Morecambe, but once he left they went up, so who knows how to judge that. He didn’t do too well at Fylde in terms of not losing, to put it mildly, and I think they always have a very generous budget for their level?

Absolutely agree his focus is always on not losing which he did very well at Morecambe, but once he left they went up, so who knows how to judge that. He didn’t do too well at Fylde in terms of not losing, to put it mildly, and I think they always have a very generous budget for their level?

Bad move for Fylde letting Dave Challinor go; Bentley`s a very nice person and was unwell for a large part of his AFC tenure, I wish him well but, he was a downgrade on Challinor. Fylde apparently have a decent budget but they have to get the guys in tandem. I watched them yesterday (v Southport) and, apart from a moment of quality, which saw the game winning goal scored, Fylde were poor. They are my bandwagon team, chosen so that I might see at least some success every now and then ;)

Scott Parker has been shown the door by Bournemouth.
Gets promoted.
Complains about lack of finance for signings.
Gets the boot.
Maybe the rich owner has become tired of putting his hand in his pocket.

If anyone needs a reason to dislike the premier league this has to be it.
Ok they were stuffed 9-0 on Saturday, but where do Bournemouth actually see themselves in PL? Played 4 games FFS. I hope in my dreams, that if we ever got promoted to the PL that we tell them ''No thanks but we'd rather not join the circus.''

Scott Parker has been shown the door by Bournemouth.
Gets promoted.
Complains about lack of finance for signings.
Gets the boot.
Maybe the rich owner has become tired of putting his hand in his pocket.

I do follow the Premier League almost as much as the Gills, and saw the Bournemouth line up come up on screen before the Liverpool game. The only one I had ever heard of was Lerma who I seem to remember playing for Columbia at the World Cup. I expected to see Dominic Solanke as well. Possibly injured but may be out of favour.

With such an anonymous team, they had unsurprisingly lost to Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool but had beaten Aston Villa.

Parker walked away from his previous job at Fulham for something similar (lack of backing to be competitive) so probably provoked the owner to sack him this time so he would not miss out on compo again.

A conversation that needs to be had, and by no means I advocating he should be sacked, but how should Harris be given, if the current runs continues? Many point to the fact he almost saved us last season, but at the end of the day, our inability to beat Cheltenham or Fleetwood cost us dearly, in a period where we in good form. Is this season just a hang over from then?

Chelsea bidding £60M plus for a player with little experience while forcing young internationals of their own out. He:ll likely not be in the first choice 11. Last time Bournemouth had Charlie Daniel playing regularly, those days are gone. Clubs like Bournemouth aren't wanted in the Prem and can't live there. How long before breakaways, exclusive competitions and games played overseas come up again.

Chelsea bidding £60M plus for a player with little experience while forcing young internationals of their own out. He:ll likely not be in the first choice 11. Last time Bournemouth had Charlie Daniel playing regularly, those days are gone. Clubs like Bournemouth aren't wanted in the Prem and can't live there. How long before breakaways, exclusive competitions and games played overseas come up again.
I was sort of hoping that the European Super League did come to fruition and there is a possibility that it may re-emerge.
I’ve no interest in the Premier League and feel that it’s hardly a competition.
All of the European leagues are pretty much a foregone conclusion.
There is only a couple of teams in each country that genuinely have a chance of winning.
Yeah, I remember Leicester but that was a freak.
I’d personally be fine with all of those teams fu’cking off to their own league without relegation.