Rochdale (A) | Page 8 | Vital Football

Rochdale (A)

Have only bought one match pass this season - home to Rochdale! Need I say any more??

Yeah - they had a bad game that day - rectified yesterday and you shouldn’t comment on individual player performances unless you have watched the entire game either live or as a replay !

It was the Colchester chairman Sid, and you are correct,
Home club gets all home revenue plus first 500 away purchases.
Away club gets the remaining away purchases.

Bolton made more money on their away game at Colchester than the home club after selling a (through gritted teeth) impressive 2252 passes.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-ifollow-streaming-revenue-explained-18975658

Note, I didn't put the original post up to score points or have a dig at anyone, it's the first time I've seen such a communication from the club and I thought some of you would be interested in the numbers (over 1000 sold).

But we use latics tv and AMG streaming platform not iFollow !

Perhaps this is why ?

you shouldn’t comment on individual player performances unless you have watched the entire game either live or as a replay !
Are these new rules ? Who's decided them ?
Am I allowed to say Keane's goal was a fabulous finish and that the second goal was a shocking mistake by Evan's after seeing it on twitter as a clip rather than the full game ?
Just checking for a friend 😁

Does anyone know why the EFL have this rule around squad sizes in admin ?.
I don't and whilst I can understand you can't be splashing cash everywhere it puts further disadvantages on clubs who are on their knees anyway.
It would seem sensible to limit the number of incoming new players to a certain number but can't understand why academy home grown kids would count if they are simply plugging gaps.
Another example of the EFL "doing all we can to help" ? 🤔
I don't and whilst I can understand you can't be splashing cash everywhere it puts further disadvantages on clubs who are on their knees anyway.
It would seem sensible to limit the number of incoming new players to a certain number but can't understand why academy home grown kids would count if they are simply plugging gaps.
Another example of the EFL "doing all we can to help" ? 🤔

A little like brexitsneers blaming Barnier for everything in the EU, the members make the rules the EFL apply them, those members include WAFC.

A little like brexitsneers blaming Barnier for everything in the EU, the members make the rules the EFL apply them, those members include WAFC.
Eh ?
Ask for info get abuse - no need LMB
I don't know why EFL or it's members for that matter have adopted this and asked if anyone knew - that's all

TBF lmb given the current pandemic & a few of our players self isolating then perhaps the EFL could have proposed a little bit of leeway for any clubs suffering in the way we are. To try and liken it to Brexit to score political points is a bit cheap to say the least.

It's a good question Hampton, I guess we'll never understand the reasoning behind the EFL rules other than perhaps clubs feel that if one of their members is run poorly, resulting in administration, then there should be some punitive restrictions until they exit Admin.

What I don't understand from PK's tweet yesterday is if the youngsters who've debuted this season now count as "seniors" in the squad quota how were we allowed to play them in the first place. Surely when they played they would have taken us over the squad limit at the time.

"From initial #wafc 23-man squad in Sep: Out: Tilt, Palmer, Johnson, Naismith, Garner, Viv In: Lang, Darikwa BUT Joseph, McHugh, Aasgaard, Robinson now count having played So squad still FULL. For any incoming, would have to be an outgoing."

Eh ?
Ask for info get abuse - no need LMB
I don't know why EFL or it's members for that matter have adopted this and asked if anyone knew - that's all
I did not respond to your question just your sarcastic jibe "doing all we can to help"

I find it pretty unbelievable that someone who used the term 'remoaners' so often would now find "brexitsneers" abusive ???

It's a good question Hampton, I guess we'll never understand the reasoning behind the EFL rules other than perhaps clubs feel that if one of their members is run poorly, resulting in administration, then there should be some punitive restrictions until they exit Admin.

What I don't understand from PK's tweet yesterday is if the youngsters who've debuted this season now count as "seniors" in the squad quota how were we allowed to play them in the first place. Surely when they played they would have taken us over the squad limit at the time.

"From initial #wafc 23-man squad in Sep: Out: Tilt, Palmer, Johnson, Naismith, Garner, Viv In: Lang, Darikwa BUT Joseph, McHugh, Aasgaard, Robinson now count having played So squad still FULL. For any incoming, would have to be an outgoing."

The problem is that the clubs website doesn't update regularly enough and is not showing an up to date squad.

I do ....... and I still think it's both illogical and self-harming (to the club).
Folk said the same about sanctions on apartheid South Africa at the time - am hoping for the same result - put pressure on "the leaders" and eventually they will cave in.
You do understand that be investing funds into the club you are propping up the admins stringing this out ?

I did not respond to your question just your sarcastic jibe "doing all we can to help"

I find it pretty unbelievable that someone who used the term 'remoaners' so often would now find "brexitsneers" abusive ???
It was the tone of your response LMB don't try and wriggle.
As for the quote - if you believe the EFL are doing all they can to help as they promised fair enough.
PS brexit is done, move on, the world hasn't stopped spinning and the jabs are going quite well don't you think ?

Folk said the same about sanctions on apartheid South Africa at the time - am hoping for the same result - put pressure on "the leaders" and eventually they will cave in.

Eh ? What a strange analogy.

You do understand that be investing funds into the club you are propping up the admins stringing this out ?

Mate, I'm not. I'm really not. I have no problem with you believing you're taking a principled stance, but that doesn't make it true.

In the face of overwhelming evidence, you've continually been told it's not true, but yet, you still choose to believe it. That's your prerogative, but please, don't try and make other feel guilty because they're helping keep the club going.

Thanks for the grown up response Jock 😉
Still a head scratcher - assuming the kids were counted as academy level not sure how they can be re-classified but who knows.
If thems the rules we need to bin Massey off and get a CB in this week

Eh ? What a strange analogy.

Mate, I'm not. I'm really not. I have no problem with you believing you're taking a principled stance, but that doesn't make it true.

In the face of overwhelming evidence, you've continually been told it's not true, but yet, you still choose to believe it. That's your prerogative, but please, don't try and make other feel guilty because they're helping keep the club going.
Principles can be difficult - it's tough not to watch but each to their own eh.
On the analogy folk at the time said it would hurt the most in need in SA to impose sanctions and indeed for a time it did but the correct outcome was achieved.
Understand it's relative- a country vs. a club but the principle to me is the same.

but please, don't try and make other feel guilty because they're helping keep the club going.
Not my intention at all - all for allowing people their own view and actions off the back of it.
By the same token folk shouldn't be making others feel guilty for not watching it !