Rochdale (A) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Rochdale (A)

The only thing that can be said to be "very poor" was the missed chances.

The second Rochdale goal was a calamity, but I feel sorry for the lad, it's a good lesson. But it did feel like we went down to 10 men the next half. Could tell the players were blowing.

I have no worries about the attacking players, all scored, could and will score more.

Very worried about the centre back issue right now, forced to play full backs and Long off injured.

Lots of positives today, lots of negatives too, long term anyway.

Can't argue with effort, all played their best.

Unless there is a reason that I'm unaware of, I think Leam got the last sub wrong, Only threat from Rochdale was in the air and we left Obi on the bench. No surprise their big lad out jumped our 2 full backs in the middle in the dying minutes to break our hearts.
2 points dropped, hope these don't prove critical come May.

Long going off was a pivotal moment for us and it went downhill from then.

We definitely missed Tilt today and for me I was so fired up I was sure we would go away with 3 points and at the end even though we drew it felt like a loss !

But this performance today gives me great encouragement and I believe we can get through this mess providing we get a sale to the right owner done soon !

Long crashing into the back wall behind the net looked bad to me - I just hope the lad didn’t do any serious damage !

Unless there is a reason that I'm unaware of, I think Leam got the last sub wrong, Only threat from Rochdale was in the air and we left Obi on the bench. No surprise their big lad out jumped our 2 full backs in the middle in the dying minutes to break our hearts.
2 points dropped, hope these don't prove critical come May.

I thought that was a very strange sub myself.

We massively missed an experienced centre half at the end there. A howler from Evans but Jones is hardly error free. Team seems to get decimated by the week, so the fact we should have won is remarkable. The fact we didn’t means I should be disappointed, but given all the academy lads we had out there I’m more proud than anything. The Sheridan appointment was a shocker for us, ever since he fucked off the cohesion and style of play has improved massively.

The to do list of Frampton when Krasner stops sulking and approves this deal should have new contract for Joseph at number one and a new contract for Ricoh at two.

Poor second half resulting in two points dropped. Why oh why did we stop playing the way we did in the first half. We started to try and push the passes instead of keeping it simple and lost the ball too often.

Great goals from Lang, Joseph and a cracker from Keane, his close control is a joy to watch.

Pearce continues to deliver great crosses from the left, whilst Darikwa slotted in well on the right.

Our biggest problem was at CB and although James and Long did well in the first half the long high balls in the second half found them out. With no tall CB going for the first ball after Long went off their forwards started to win the ball and more crosses coming into the box caused problems. I wondered why LR didn't put Obi on to take the first ball instead of playing Luke Robinson, a left back, as a makeshift CB.

Owen Evans showed his inexperience for their second as he stepped back from the bouncing ball allowing the forward to gain the advantage in height. He should have been moving forward to gain the momentum and height. There was no need for him to actually catch the ball as if he had just knocked it down our backs were favourite to win the knock down. After that however he did pull off a decent save to keep the lead.

Overall it was a very good display going forward but our lack of a dominant CB cost us the 2 points. Time now to reflect on this performance and hopefully improve on it next time out. I hope any of the prospective owners were watching as this game has convinced me that with a couple of decent acquisitions we can survive the drop so taking the 15 points should be something they think seriously about. There are bound to be some very experienced players without a contract after the takeover and they could be just what we need to survive.

Onwards and upwards boys.

We massively missed an experienced centre half at the end there. A howler from Evans but Jones is hardly error free. Team seems to get decimated by the week, so the fact we should have won is remarkable. The fact we didn’t means I should be disappointed, but given all the academy lads we had out there I’m more proud than anything. The Sheridan appointment was a shocker for us, ever since he fucked off the cohesion and style of play has improved massively.

The to do list of Frampton when Krasner stops sulking and approves this deal should have new contract for Joseph at number one and a new contract for Ricoh at two.

Krasner stop sulking? Is that even possible?

Disappointing that we lost 2 points in the final minute of extra, extra time but I would have taken this before the game considering the enforced changes to the team and the lack of numbers in subs. They beat us 5-0 a few weeks ago so this performance today was far, far better.
Can't be too hard on the players even against 10 men for second half, Rochdale had a vastly more experienced team who are used to playing together, unlike our team which has been cobbled together this week. With only having 15 fit players we did well.

Disappointing that we lost 2 points in the final minute of extra, extra time but I would have taken this before the game considering the enforced changes to the team and the lack of numbers in subs. They beat us 5-0 a few weeks ago so this performance today was far, far better.
Can't be too hard on the players even against 10 men for second half, Rochdale had a vastly more experienced team who are used to playing together, unlike our team which has been cobbled together this week. With only having 15 fit players we did well.

I like your post Kenny, but how often can we keep saying that inexperience is the reason for the points being dropped. I realise that we are playing a young side but some of those players have played first team football for half a season now.

I think that in this game in particular the blame lies with our off the pitch problems and the lack of an experienced CB in the squad for the first, but secondly a poor decision to play Luke Robinson as the substitute for Long instead of Obi. Obi would have given us some height at the back and probably stopped them winning every ball they punted forward.

Nevertheless a great performance from all the players.

I like your post Kenny, but how often can we keep saying that inexperience is the reason for the points being dropped. I realise that we are playing a young side but some of those players have played first team football for half a season now.

I think that in this game in particular the blame lies with our off the pitch problems and the lack of an experienced CB in the squad for the first, but secondly a poor decision to play Luke Robinson as the substitute for Long instead of Obi. Obi would have given us some height at the back and probably stopped them winning every ball they punted forward.

Nevertheless a great performance from all the players.
I wasn't saying the lack of experience was the main issue, it was a contributing factor. The main problem was the team cobbled together with lack of centre-halves, that team has not played half a season together, players have been swapped and changed as injuries and players leaving or coming in, the goalkeeper was making his league debut, the defence had never played together as a unit, we had a full back at centre half and some players who are not really match fit.
All in all a result that I would have accepted at 3pm but still disappointing to drop the points at the death.
I think that Two months ago we would have lost that game though.

To think only yesterday the team were given the usual bullshit potential new owners flannel from the Admins then added to that the loss of several key players I think the team did incredibly well. Yes we can all point to silly errors, concentration lapses n losing a lead in the extra extra time but given what the team / staff are having to deal with week to week & the uncertainty of who will still be here it's a testament & credit to Liam R, his staff & team for putting in a good battling display & giving us all hope that if we can get the right buyer in a timely manner we can absolutely turn this around.

Need some fresh legs. And some experienced players. At the back We are getting better. Let’s hope for some good news this week.
until the takeover is complete we cannot even think of fresh legs,squad is at full numbers for administration

I would give Rioch a contract first. There will be more Kyle Joseph’s to come

Just watched highlights. Our second goal's lovely. Dirty git for their red. Our keeper's shite.

I thought in the second half we were too casual with some of the passes and gave Rochdale the belief that they could get something out of the game instead of us killing them off. Overall though a good all round performance given the circumstances and was well impressed with Darikwa at right back.
Need centre back cover urgently though.

To think only yesterday the team were given the usual bullshit potential new owners flannel from the Admins then added to that the loss of several key players I think the team did incredibly well. Yes we can all point to silly errors, concentration lapses n losing a lead in the extra extra time but given what the team / staff are having to deal with week to week & the uncertainty of who will still be here it's a testament & credit to Liam R, his staff & team for putting in a good battling display & giving us all hope that if we can get the right buyer in a timely manner we can absolutely turn this around.
Frankly it's quite amazing we are not getting gubbed 5 every week - like the wanky wanderers did last year

Gutted to concede the late equaliser! I thought we played well today,deserved to and should've won that game. But we only have ourselves to blame for not putting it to bed and giving away a really soft 2nd goal.

I thought apart from killing the game off,the front 4 were superb today and looked a real threat. Pearce was fantastic up and down the left, putting in some delicious crosses as well.Merrie was excellent in the middle at winning possession back and using the ball well.

I thought considering our lack of an experienced CB we were well organised defensively,apart from the 2nd goal,when Evans was too hesitant in dealing with the danger.
I did find it strange though that Obi didn't come on to give us the height and physical presence we lacked in there when Long went off. Even though Robinson did ok when he came on,this ended up costing us the 3rd goal.
We desperately need an experienced CB before the next game and it would be great if that man could be Tilt,who apparently Rotherham are happy to loan out again.

Shout out to Darikwa as well. This was his 1st game at domestic level for 18 months after a serious injury.I thought he had a cracking,encouraging 2nd half,which is testament to the fitness work he's had to put in.Looks a quick,powerful lad,who can play.I just wish he'd had a bloody shot at the end of that counter attack which would've won us the game.Maybe he was caught in 2 minds or just ran out of steam.

The Crisis and Turmoil the Management and Players are facing
every week, it's amazing they can get a draw against a team who drubbed
us 0-5 at home and since then we have lost more players.

The Management don't know from week to week what players they
can pick a team from, 'Crisis management' is a term which sums up
exactly what has happened to us since Choi and Au Yeung shafted us
more than any team can.