Rochdale (A) | Vital Football

Rochdale (A)

Dudestalker

Vital Reserves Team
Obviously awaiting other news today, but any thoughts on possible team tomorrow ?

I'll go with Jones : James Darikwa Long Pearce : Merrie Perry Gardner : Lang Keane Joseph

Pretty sure Darikwa has played CB previously

Obviously awaiting other news today, but any thoughts on possible team tomorrow ?

I'll go with Jones : James Darikwa Long Pearce : Merrie Perry Gardner : Lang Keane Joseph

Pretty sure Darikwa has played CB previously

I think that's how I see us lining up too. Not sure if Darikwa has played CB or not but Pearce and James have so James could move to CB and Darikwa start in his natural position.

Another option would be to bring Obi in as CB and play Darikwa instead of Perry, who has looked a little jaded in recent games.

It's going to be hard for the team losing the experience of Tilt, Johnson, Palmer and of course, Naismith, but they've been learning and developing through recent games. Therefore, bolstered by the return of Lang and the excellent addition of Darikwa, if we can avoid making silly mistakes, I'm hopeful we can return from Spotland with something in our pockets.

A bit of good news on the non-playing front wouldn't go amiss as well.

It's going to be hard for the team losing the experience of Tilt, Johnson, Palmer and of course, Naismith, but they've been learning and developing through recent games. Therefore, bolstered by the return of Lang and the excellent addition of Darikwa, if we can avoid making silly mistakes, I'm hopeful we can return from Spotland with something in our pockets.

A bit of good news on the non-playing front wouldn't go amiss as well.

Could also be Tom James last game for us as his loan is up on Sunday.

I'll be happy with any formation except playing with 3 CB's.
I hope we take the game to them, we look so much better when aggressive and on the front foot than when we sit back and try to contain.
Sadly, the recent player losses will be too much to overcome so soon, 3:0 defeat .

According to LR (club website interview) there have been another couple of covid cases in the squad this week since their return to training, hope it's not any of the key first team players.
Guess we'll know around 2pm Saturday when the team news is released.

According to LR (club website interview) there have been another couple of covid cases in the squad this week since their return to training, hope it's not any of the key first team players.
Guess we'll know around 2pm Saturday when the team news is released.

Then we should be calling game off - it’s clearly still running through the club. Irresponsible it isn’t.

If the game goes ahead I'm going for a 0-2 away win, however I will be holding onto my tenner until I know for certain it's on.
:unsure:

I presume James will slot in alongside Obi or Long today. We've no wingers to speak of so I'd imagine Merrie Perry and Gardner in the middle and maybe lang keane and Joseph across the front. Hopefully get the forwards doing what they do best and the midfield can protect the defence

Latics have made six changes from their 4-3 win over Burton Albion for their first match of 2021 as they travel to Rochdale this afternoon.

Owen Evans will make his league debut for the club, whilst Callum Lang is making his first league start for Latics after being recalled from his loan spell at Motherwell.

New signing Tendayi Darikwa also makes his first league start for the club whilst Alex Perry, Adam Long and Dan Gardner also start.

Goalkeeper Jamie Jones and forward Charlie Jolley are both currently self-isolating in line with government guidance following positive COVID-19 test results. We wish both players well and look forward to welcoming them back into the group following their respective periods of self-isolation.

State of our club with that line up
No sub keeper, can't fill a bench, loanee as captain - just when you though we couldn't get and lower - it's pitiful 😪

Why not put people like McGurk, McHugh etc on the bench? It's pointless leaving 3 empty spots.

Edit.. Just seen Paul Kendrick's explanation.