RIP | Page 69 | Vital Football

RIP

One for older types on here Gerry Summers passed away this week aged 90
Before my time but always sad to hear of ex players passing

RIP Gerry

Hodgkinson
Coldwell Shaw G.
Richardson Shaw J. SUMMERS
Allchurch Kettleborough Pace Russell Simpson.
My first team as a regular except Tony Wagstaff had replaced Billy Russell by then.
Amazing how the starting eleven barely seemed to change back then from year to year or week to week plus there were no subs, and yet there were hardly any injuries and managers never ever said their players were burnt out 🤷‍♂️

My first team as a regular except Tony Wagstaff had replaced Billy Russell by then.
Amazing how the starting eleven barely seemed to change back then from year to year or week to week plus there were no subs, and yet there were hardly any injuries and managers never ever said their players were burnt out 🤷‍♂️
But they had a sponge and a freezing bucket of water to cure them.

Hodgkinson
Coldwell Shaw G.
Richardson Shaw J. SUMMERS
Allchurch Kettleborough Pace Russell Simpson.
What great days they were and such a classy defence. Gerry Summers was great on the ball while Richardson was the hard man. Joe Shaw should have played for England but we all know that's another story.
RIP Gerry you've left me with some great memories.

RIP Larry Lloyd died aged 75.He was a good old fashioned Centre Half and was a part of the Forest side that won 2 European cups,also played for Liverpool and i'm sure he was in the Wigan team at BDBL the night when Keith Edwards scored a late winner for the BLADES in our 4th division championship season,Larry could've been player manager for Wigan that season.UTB

RIP Larry Lloyd died aged 75.He was a good old fashioned Centre Half and was a part of the Forest side that won 2 European cups,also played for Liverpool and i'm sure he was in the Wigan team at BDBL the night when Keith Edwards scored a late winner for the BLADES in our 4th division championship season,Larry could've been player manager for Wigan that season.UTB
I well remember singing 'You're just a fast b'stard, Larry Lloyd, Larry Lloyd' which successfully wound him up and distracted him long enough for Edwards to score the goal. He didn't deserve it, Lloyd. He was a big lad, but he'd had a fine career. RIP lad.

Much appreciated Rod👍
We know the pain of losin a family dog mi owd pal,Our Gertie & me were devastated 7 years ago when we lost our Sandy she was 18 so had a good long life but it was still awful to lose her.We decided we'd have a break from havin a pet but one of our 3 sons brought home a Border Collie(Mollie) aged 7 weeks, abart 3 months after our Sandy had died and we absolutely adore her,she's so lovable and wears a BLADES badge on her collar so she really is a family member.UTB