Recommend a player - Summer 2021 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Recommend a player - Summer 2021

Tom McIntyre - Centre back (Reading, but out of contract)

22 years old. Left footed centre half.

He's made 38 appearances in the Championship, 26 of them this season.

Very highly thought of at Reading and they have offered him a new deal.

Capped by Scotland up to U21 level.

Once played with a fractured forehead!
Signed a new three year deal at Reading.

Harry Chapman - Winger (Blackburn)

Blackburn have taken up their year's option on him, but I suspect they'd be open to offers for him.

An England youth international, it looked like things finally clicked for him last season on loan on Shrewsbury with seven goals in twenty three league appearances (only 16 were starts).

Would be an upgrade on Lubala.
Signed a new deal at Blackburn.

Jordan Archer - Goalkeeper (free agent)

Think everyone recognises that we need genuine competition for Maxwell. However, the two issues we have are 1) we're unlikely to get a real quality keeper who's happy to sit on the bench (and let's face it, as captain, Maxwell is unlikely to be dropped any time soon) and 2) with the system we play I think we're more inclined to look for sweeper keepers rather than your more traditional commanding keeper (something I don't agree with myself, but it is what it is).

With that in mind, the only keeper that's been released so far that catches my eye is Jordan Archer (released by Middlesbrough).

He's 28 years and six foot one. Started at Charlton before moving to Spurs. He didn't make an appearance at Spurs and spent various loan spells away from the club before making his mark at Millwall, winning their player of the season award in 15/16.

Since then he's had various short spells at various clubs, and I'm not sure if there's a reason for that (I'll have to do some more digging).

He has one cap for Scotland (2018), but had a bit of a mare by all accounts.

He's played 74 Championship games.
Signed for QPR.

Liam Millar - Forward (Liverpool)

Going to be lazy here (because of the Liverpool link).

Word is Liverpool are happy to sell him (QPR, Millwall and Stoke all linked).

I rubbished those who mentioned him last season, but a loan at Charlton (who moved him to the wing) seems to have made things click for him.

Bags of pace, likes to take a man on, although his final ball can let him down... sounds a bit similar to CJ Hamilton.

27 appearances for Charlton with 3 goals and 6 assists.

21 years old and a full Canadian international.
Signed for Basel.

Dennis Adeniran - Central midfielder (Free agent)

Also 22 and also released by Everton who signed him for decent money from Fulham (where he was very highly rated).

Just spent a loan spell at Wycombe where the fans really liked him.
Signed for Wednesday.

Kyle Edwards - Forward (Free agent)

Released by West Brom. Can play anywhere across the front.

23 years old and capped up to England U20 level.

Technically very sound, he made 26 appearances in the Championship in West Brom's promotion season and 5 appearances in the Premier League last season (didn't get a look in after Allardyce took over).

Luton trued to buy him in January.
On trial with Reading.

Scott Fraser - Attacking midfielder (MK Dons)

I recommended him last summer when MK Dons signed him on a free from Burton. Here's a scouting report I posted on him at the time: https://www.google.com/amp/s/eflana...20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/amp

I was going to leave him off my list this time round, but he's been linked with Hull and Wigan and there are rumours that he may only have a year left on his contract with MK Dons under pressure to sell.

26 years old so coming into his peak and bagged 14 goals (some penalties) and 6 assists for MK Dons this season after a good campaign at Burton last time out.

The one reservation would be whether he's good enough off the ball.
Signed for Ipswich.

Mo Eisa - Striker (Peterborough)

A player we tried to sign this season.

Genuinely a good player but doesn't fit how Ferguson wants to play at Peterborough (not the first time this has happened under Barry Fry). As a result they have transfer listed him.

A perennial sub for the Posh this season, he bagged 14 in 29 in League One last season.

Has pace and an eye for goal.

26 years old so his best could be yet to come.

The only issue is that Peterborough are holding out for a decent fee for him having (incredibly) shelled out £1.2 million for him.
Signed for MK Dons

Pelly Ruddock - Central midfielder (Luton, but out of contract)

27 years old (turns 28 next month).

Centre mid who really puts himself about; full of energy and physical.

Luton fans are worried they're going to lose him as they've signed Campbell (who we were linked with).
Signed a new deal at Luton

Ethan Laird - Right back (Man Utd)

19 years old and an England youth International.

Spent second half of this season on loan at MK Dons in a right wing back role and absolutely shone. Defensively needs some work but absolutely brilliant going forward.

MK Dons are desperate for him back, but surely if United want him to kick on his next loan move will be to the Championship? And who better to coach that development than NC?
Signing for Swansea on loan

Jerome Opoku - Centre back (Fulham)

We were in talks with him last summer, but he joined Argyle instead; originally until January but then extended for the season. It was his second consecutive loan in the league having been at Accrington the season before.

Can play left back or centre half and is fucking massive, coming in at six foot six.

22 years old and still developing.

Needs to cut out the cards; received double figures in terms of yellow cards this season.
Signed for some club in Denmark on loan.

Technically very sound, he made 26 appearances in the Championship in West Brom's promotion season and 5 appearances in the Premier League last season (didn't get a look in after Allardyce took over).

Signed for Ipswich

TJ Eyoma - Centre back (Spurs)

Been on loan at Lincoln this season where he's done well.

Can also play at right back.

21 years old. Athletic. And an England youth International.

Spurs have already told Lincoln they're not having him back; suspect they want to get him out on loan in the Championship.

Only mentioning him on the off chance we don't get Ballard!

Signed permanently for Lincoln.

Charlie Kirk - Winger (Crewe)

If Harry Chapman doesn't take your fancy, then how about another young wide player who did well in League One this season and has just a year to run on his contract?

Charlie Kirk is 23 and came through Crewe's academy. In his last four seasons he has scored 5, 11, 7 and 6 league goals respectively.

He was named in the League Two Team of the Season in 19/20, and continued that fine form this season in League One chalking up 8 assists (9th in the division).

He also ranks 6th for 'key passes' (our highest is CJ in 14th).

Signed for Charlton

Signed for Ipswich

Morgan Rogers - Forward (Man City)

Played against us on Sunday having spent the second half of the season on loan at Lincoln where he's played left wing cutting in on his right foot.

Still very green and can disappear in games/try to do it all himself.

Scored 6 in 25 for Lincoln and word is that City have told them they're not getting him back as they want to get him some Championship experience .

Signed for Bournemouth on loan with the option to buy.