Recommend a player - Summer 2021 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Recommend a player - Summer 2021

Bob Hatton aged 74. Prolific goal scorer who scored 215 goals in 617 appearances. Classic goal poacher with unmistakable goal celebration of holding two arms aloft and jogging back to centre circle. Could still do a job for us.
Touting for family. members even by adoption strictly forbidden,you will be wanting a bike shed next so that you and Sexy can continue your wicked ways.

Kyle Knoyle - Right back (Cambridge, but out of contract)

24 year old who's a real athlete and really kicked on this season, adding a good quality cross/final ball to his game. Chalked up 6 assists in the league as he was named in the League 2 team of the season and was named Cambridge's young player of the season.

Previously spent 2 seasons with our friends at Swindon and a former England U18 international.

Same agent as Grant Ward.

Sunday Mirror reporting both ourselves and Portsmouth interested in signing Jordon Gabriel. Chris Hughton has resolved to keep him and use him next season.

Scott Fraser - Attacking midfielder (MK Dons)

I recommended him last summer when MK Dons signed him on a free from Burton. Here's a scouting report I posted on him at the time: https://www.google.com/amp/s/eflana...20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/amp

I was going to leave him off my list this time round, but he's been linked with Hull and Wigan and there are rumours that he may only have a year left on his contract with MK Dons under pressure to sell.

26 years old so coming into his peak and bagged 14 goals (some penalties) and 6 assists for MK Dons this season after a good campaign at Burton last time out.

The one reservation would be whether he's good enough off the ball.

Simon Moore - Goalkeeper (Free agent)

31 years old, just released by Sheffield United.

He's 6 foot 3 (Southampton released him as a youth for being too small!) and is capable of playing the sweeper keepers role.

Whenever he's ended up in the Championship or higher, it's been as second choice so you'd think he'd be comfortable with that.

Whenever he's played in League One he's shone; being named in the PFA Team of the Season during Sheffield United's promotion campaign.

Didn't play a single game last season as Sheffield United didn't register him in their 25 man squad.

Very popular figure in the dressing room. I prefer him to my previous recommendation of Archer.
Just realised after reading an interview with him in The Athletic that he's Stuart Moore's brother!

Josh Bowler - Winger (Free agent)

Linked with us a few weeks ago.

22 years old. Released by Everton who signed him from QPR for £1 million+.

Was going to move in January but had a bad hip injury.

Spent a season on loan at Hull in the Championship but didn't pull up any trees.

Feels like a low floor high ceiling player?

Teamtalk reporting we have agreed terms and he is undergoing a medical with us

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclu...ol-agree-terms-with-everton-winger-jos-bowler

Conor Grant - Central midfielder (Plymouth, but out of contract)

I mentioned Conor Grant in the other thread. He's out of contract at Plymouth, but they have offered him a new deal.

He started out at Everton and got one cap for England U18s. Had various loan spells before joining Plymouth permanently.

Had a few injury problems at Plymouth but really showed his quality this season, chalking up four goals and eleven assists (and it's that creativity that has caught my eye). What makes those stats more impressive is the fact that of his 34 league starts, 17 of them were at left wing back (he's left footed, which I think could be a plus). That's the sort of versatility that Critch loves.

He's 26 now so you'd like to think he could be entering his peak, although a concern would be that he's untested at Championship level.

I'm not saying he should be top our target list by any stretch of the imagination, but we need more creativity and he might be able to add that.
Signed a new two year deal with Plymouth.

Allan Campbell - Central midfielder (Motherwell, but out of contract)

Was linked to us a few weeks ago by Alan Nixon so been doing some digging.

22 years old so we would need to pay compensation to Motherwell.

Scotland U21 international. Very tenacious. Would suit our midfield 'scrapper' role perfectly.

Averaged 2 tackles a game this season in the SPL (ranked 10th in the division).
Signed for Luton.

Jordan Cousins - Central midfielder (Free agent)

Those of you wanting more Championship experience should be happy with this one.

Released by Stoke, Cousins has 225 Championship appearances under his belt and is still only 27.

High energy, he'd fit our 'scrapper' role... however, I'd question if he's better than Dougall and Stewart and on that basis whether he'd be happy with a rotation role?
Signed for Wigan, who are throwing the money around.

I'd be over the moon with a mid-table finish in the Championship next term and anything better than that would be a massive bonus...

I'd be over the moon with a mid-table finish in the Championship next term and anything better than that would be a massive bonus...
mid-table will be good but am quietly confident we will be ok.
I did think that Campbell would have been a good addition to the squad ... maybe he got mixed up between Orange and Tangerine?

Looking at the Euros for players who fit our profile of being young, capable of improvement and with only one year left on their contract, I spotted one in the Euros that looks nearly as quick as CJ who fits our criteria; a French player called Mbappe.

I am quietly confident that we will be mid table at worst and might even be competing for a play off berth....and we know what happens then?