Rate (or rant about if you like) the ref v Northampton (Home) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rate (or rant about if you like) the ref v Northampton (Home)

Influenced by the crowd? It's 9000 people ffs how on earth would these clowns cope at anfield or old Trafford?

Maybe that is why they are not at Old Trafford, nor the Premier League and are "down" at our level?

EDIT: ninja'd by Lindumimp

Just picture it now Salisbury walking back to the changing room talking to the assessor.

“Hey what about that guv, those noisy buffoons weren’t getting the better off me.” Said a joyant Salisbury.

“It was a stonewall penalty Michael” huffed the assessor.

“Man for the big crowd me, they won’t influence me” continues Salisbury.

“All three shouts were penalties, and the clumsy number 4 should have had a 2nd yellow. Mike.” The assessor explains.

“Told you they wouldn’t influence me, and as for the brothers waving there arms, give me a steady dinosaur like Curle any day ” Salisbury says.

Assessor walks out with head in his hands....

Just picture it now Salisbury walking back to the changing room talking to the assessor.

“Hey what about that guv, those noisy buffoons weren’t getting the better off me.” Said a joyant Salisbury.

“It was a stonewall penalty Michael” huffed the assessor.

“Man for the big crowd me, they won’t influence me” continues Salisbury.

“All three shouts were penalties, and the clumsy number 4 should have had a 2nd yellow. Mike.” The assessor explains.

“Told you they wouldn’t influence me, and as for the brothers waving there arms, give me a steady dinosaur like Curle any day ” Salisbury says.

Assessor walks out with head in his hands....

If only!

Usually most of the substandard refs are poor for both sides. The ref today seemed to me to be very biased against the Imps. To say a ref has cheated cannot be said lightly , but today I felt he came very close to the line.I am so frustrated and angry I better not sat anymore.

3/10 for me. First half was largely OK with yellows and red for Harry, & wasn't falling for acting/falling over, though he did miss the assault on Freck. Second half he was completely shocking, giving things he shouldn't and not giving things he should. Agree there was an element of not being seen to be swayed by the crowd. Handball should definitely have been a penalty & possibly the two climbing all over Bolger. When did shirt-pulling, holding a player as he goes past and climbing all over a player fail to be a FK, unless it's 'backing-in'? Refs used to be able to tell the difference, but I wonder if they're instructed not to give them these days as it happens too often, with us at least.

Poor! How we didn't get a penalty at the end, I will never know. A 90th minute penalty and a chance to make it 2-1 would have been a just reward for an excellent second half performance. 3/10. Two poor ref performances in a row. I hope we get some more experienced appointments in the remaining games. UTI

Didn’t think he was that bad (probably a 6/10) until he produced one of the worst decisions I’ve seen this season in injury time. Claimed ‘ball to hand’ according to Michael O’Connor... that is just embarrassing.

4/10

There was an incident in front of the CO-OP stand where the ball went out for a throw in. We all knew which way it should have gone, ref started to move his ,lowered arm one way, then looked at linesman , he looked back and raised his flag the other way. If the linesman knew which way it should have gone why didn't he flag straight away?. That was early on at the start of his performance that was worse than anything on Britain's Got Talent.
1 out of 10 for managing to remember to put his shirt on the right way round

Thankfully VAR arrives in the Prem next season, the sooner it reaches the EFL the better and these clowns are shown up for what they are .... purely incompetent.

I think some people are being generous with the scores. If what was said after the game was true then he saw the handball, but saw it as ball to hand. Occasionally you can understand a ref missing an incident but to interpret the laws wrong, well not sure what to say about that 0/10

The way I sometimes look at these penalty decisions if it had been the other lot attacking, us defending in an identical situation, would I have feared the ref pointing to the spot, and yesterday I would have expected a pen to be given against us at least for the hand ball. He was afraid to make a match deciding (probably) decision so near the end. No problem with Harry going, but in the last ten minutes the ref just lost it. The lino Co op side was hopeless, he must have taken lots of stick ! I think he just enjoyed standing up, as he saw it, to the baying crowd and what he saw as antics from our players. Hopeless. 0.5/10.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree referees in this day age are not as good as in the past , one thing never changes. If refs descions go against ones team he is deemed as useless, but if the descions go against the opposing team the comments arnt as bad.

Could be a bad penalty goes for LCFC next week. Hands up all those who will complain ???

Swings and roundabouts in football . Mosjinv ain't going to change anything. Just my opinion of course lol ???

My instincts when I got home late last night told me to give him 2/10, but I decided to give it some consideration overnight.

After consideration overnight, I have decided to give him 2/10.

The decision to send Anderson off was an easy one - he got that right. Anderson appeared to stumble in the box for the penalty appeal - he probably got that right too. But everything else was a real problem for him. Some of his decisions were simply mystifying.

Andrade was flattened time and time again, yet only one of Northampton's four yellows was for a foul on him. Northampton's No.6 (Taylor) was a real old-fashioned Fourth Division donkey - the likes of Workington and Southport always had one of those - and he should have been booked in the first half. I think he was eventually booked for his seventh foul.

I think the ref came into the game with some preconceived ideas about Lincoln which determined his performance. But how he could fail to spot a handball in the box with the arm above the defender's head is beyond me.

I think the ref came into the game with some preconceived ideas about Lincoln which determined his performance. But how he could fail to spot a handball in the box with the arm above the defender's head is beyond me.

That's the point for me, according to O'Connor he saw it but deemed it accidental (or whatever the term is)

Akinde wasn't on the pitch at that point ?

Hopefully mattyindraws is either a Cod sock puppet or his sarcasm doesn't work on the internet. Otherwise, he's just a prize prick we could do without.

That's the point for me, according to O'Connor he saw it but deemed it accidental (or whatever the term is)
Ball to hand, which, quite clearly in this instance, is complete nonsense. How he had the balls to say this to Danny's face is beyond me.