Rate (or rant about if you like) the ref v Northampton (Home) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate (or rant about if you like) the ref v Northampton (Home)

Mike Dean would have been far better than last two incumbents by far, hope we get him at Mansfield Town.

come on boys

He gets a 3 max from me. I called the red before he even reacted so that was a right decision but he gave Bruno several soft ones early on and then gave their guy an even softer one when Bruno stayed away from him and would've been in.

The whole first half was littered with free kicks that weren't. Then in the second half he was all over the place. We saw Akinde's bare chest at one point due to the shirt pull and he waved play on.

Then at the end at least one of those was a penalty. Maybe not the hand ball, but the second where their played jumped on top of ours must've been.

Co-op lino was absolutely useless. Gave them a corner when Smith waited for the ball to go out before he caught it.

Not a great game to watch but the ref (and Co-op lino) sure didn't help things.

Home crowd said it all with all the moans about Bruno diving. And there were a lot of audible moans about it.

Slightly better than Mr Coggins last week, but not much. I do believe it’s a really hard job because most of the players dive at every opportunity, but then again only because the refs keep falling for it. We are no better or worse than anyone else in this regard.
I 100% agree with Cowley, that referees often decide not to be influenced by the crowd and end up giving anything other than blatant decisions against Lincoln.
Perhaps we should start every match with a “You do know what your doing” to see if that helps us get a few more decisions.

3/10

Although he wasn't quite as bad as last weeks clown I'm going to score him less because he wasn't just incompetent but he was a cheat. 1 from me.

Yea, but Akinde would have missed it (the penalty) anyway, cause he’s an overpaid useless twat.....
I think John had been subbed by then. But if you have difficulty supporting the players of Lincoln City, I would suggest you stay at home and watch the overpaid players of the premier league who never miss a penalty. Oh wait a minute yes they do!

I think your being ironic but JA wasn't on the pitch at this time.

Yes I was (hence the green which I thought was the universally acknowledged colour for sarcasm/irony) and I know he wasn’t on the pitch but I’m confident someone, somewhere would have made it out to be his fault. I guess when you have to explain your post, it’s kinda missed it’s point.

Last edited:
I might be cynical but I the impression I get with the big crowds on there back from ourselves, that the refs are almost are trying to prove a point. Is it a case of look at me I didn’t back down to that vociferous crowd?

I might be cynical but I the impression I get with the big crowds on there back from ourselves, that the refs are almost are trying to prove a point. Is it a case of look at me I didn’t back down to that vociferous crowd?

Unlike County away last week, where he looked like he was going to let us take the penalty again (their keeper was clearly off his line before the ball was kicked) then bottled it because of those in the Kop.

A lot of referees (not all) are self important officious jobsworths who would be traffic wardens if they weren't able to run about a bit so this hypothesis sounds like it has legs.

Which is kind of what DC alluded to in his post match interview...they are so determined not to be swayed by the crowd, they end up not giving the bleeding obvious.

He was shocking but I am getting used to the standard of referee. The tackle on Freck was awful, could have been a red, don't even think a yellow was shown. It was that bad Freck had to go off injured. Anderson did go in high, studs showing. the Northampton player then writhed on the ground but after a dose of "magic" spray continued. Which was the worse tackle?

Hand to ball in the area, nothing given. Bolger was wrestled to the ground by two Northampton players who laid on top of him. Another penalty not given! There was a third but by that stage I had lost all hope that the twat in black was going to give us anything.

He was in charge, it was all about him and he was not going to be intimidated by a vociferous home crowd. That made his decisions for him and he got them wrong because he didn't want to be seen to be weak. I feel for referees, they have a job to do but if there had only been 1500 home fans and no hostile atmosphere he would have had no hesitation in giving some of those decisions Lincoln's way. Instead he decided for whatever reason to "prove a point" It cost us two!!!!

Nil points for him. Zero, nothing, are minus figures allowed?

Yes I was (hence the green which I thought was the universally acknowledged colour for sarcasm/irony) and I know he wasn’t on the pitch but I’m confident someone, somewhere would have made it out to be his fault. I guess when you have to explain your post, it’s kinda missed it’s point.

I think blue is sarcasm....or maybe that is another forum :)