Ramsdale is in the England Squad! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ramsdale is in the England Squad!

We're not allowed to have international players, a half arsed reserve of the reserve squad place is about all we'd get

It would be funny if we won the League like Leicester did, just to see if our players would still be ignored

T20 finals day a few years ago for one.
He'd come back from England duty and played a shot that looked as though he was not bothered.
He's also followed a few when he could have left them alone.
He's worked on his technique continually to improve. Seems there's others like him.
A few years ago,are you sure TT? Are you saying that knowing that i won't be arsed to go back and check?:giggle: UTB

Egan,Stevens,Flecky,Oli McB,Burke,Sander all internationals mi owd pal.:yes:UTB

Yes, Irish and Scottish, there isn't much competition and they're not even regulars with them.

Only Berge could be considered proper International quality and if he stays with us he won't get picked for Norway

A few years ago,are you sure TT? Are you saying that knowing that i won't be arsed to go back and check?:giggle: UTB
You'll be lucky Rod, unless you kept a copy of Blades Mad or whatever version we were on then.

Joe's played a few loose shots, acknowledged by me but the stats prove that he plays less than most.

Similarly the stats don't lie in football either. eg Sam Johnson's made more saves than anyone this year but that doesn't make him the best keeper. The goals against and the club's position tell the true story. That tends to apply for all clubs.

The saves percentage is probably the best measure and Rammers is 9th on that which, taking into account the number of English qualified he's 3rd on that behind Pope and Pickford on 70.7% with Johnson on 70.6.
Which all means, pecking order wise, I'm not far out

BTW Rod, just been on the YCCC site and there should have been a game today between Yorks and the MCC but rained off.One of the Yorks players was Paul Fenn Treeton CC and England over 50's

Last edited:
If Southgate picks Pickford, then straightaway, with the selection of the first player on the team sheet, I'll be hoping England lose every game 3-0 just to get that useless cu.nt out of the job ASAP.

I'll post what I like when I like.
You're the SWFC obsessed poster who is blind to anything not red and white, not the administrator.Would have thought you were too busy remembering the names of every pig crowd member since 1900. After all you know every attendance.
Yet facts about SUFC and the players, their standing and stats don't count. Only total 100% support counts in your mind.And that's the truth not bullshit- so cope with it instead of hurling insults around.( a very pig like trait is that..............................................I wonder??????????????)

Bulmer's post says it all.

I agree he's in the pecking order , 4th out of 6 or so ATM. I said that in my OP.
Everybody qualified is in a pecking order , that's how a pecking order works so no great shakes to get onto a list. It's how far up it you get. ATM he's 4th because, fact, the usual number 4, is having an op.Normally he would be 5th.That's what I pointed out in my OP but the knee jerkers and those lacking objectivity want to see it as some sort of disloyal heresy when all it is is FACT.

Obsessed? you tit, what percentage of my posts mention the Pigs. Rather come on and slag them than slag our(?) own players. And this is hilarious, nearly caught yourself our--"cope with it instead of hurling insults around.( a very pig like trait is that..............................................I wonder??????????????)" Now I wonder who does that.

One response without name calling would be good but very unexpected.
Funny that, for an obsessive. You can add name calling to the obsessions now.One that's so obviously not coping though.

Why not actually read the posts? Nowhere in any of the posts have I 'slagged off' R/dale.I have pointed out where he stands in the list of keeper's picked and, if that goes against your 'salute the red and whites whatever' stance then so be it.

Do you think he has improved MHMF?

He started off badly, but at the back of that team Gordon Banks would have struggled. Once he started getting used to them he has played some blinders but can still make some errors, as did Hendo. Luckily many went unnoticed as the team was doing well. Doubt Rammers would make the same gaff as against Liverpool, but who knows. Main thing is he is still very young for a keeper and younger than Hendo.

He started off badly, but at the back of that team Gordon Banks would have struggled. Once he started getting used to them he has played some blinders but can still make some errors, as did Hendo. Luckily many went unnoticed as the team was doing well. Doubt Rammers would make the same gaff as against Liverpool, but who knows. Main thing is he is still very young for a keeper and younger than Hendo.
I'd agree with that MHMF and ,in all my posts about him, deliberately avoided Hendo comparisons, ( another with faults but unnoticed due to the results as you say).
Because of results he did, of course, come under more scrutiny, a natural reaction to look where the problems are particularly in adversity.
The fact that we agree that he improved serves solely to prove that he had room to do so and, to his credit, did. It also shows that he wasn't as good then as he is ATM hence my original points about his keeping
That was why I put in the line " he's made great strides- with quicker across the line foot movement:cool:" an attempt at humour AND an acknowledgement of an area he had improved.

It seems both the humour and the pointing out of one of his areas for improvement upset some but that's all it was- a throwaway comment with a hint of relevance.

As expected he didn’t make the final cut no big surprises in the players left out

If I was manager I would have picked Ramsdale over Johnstone, not because I think he is at present a better goalkeeper but it is unlikely that any 3rd choice goalkeeper will get any game time, being the eldest will most likely retire before Pickford and Pope and I can't see him overtaking them, so its a bit pointless taking him. Whereas if they took Ramsdale, he will be learning and getting used to being in the squad etc.

If I was manager I would have picked Ramsdale over Johnstone, not because I think he is at present a better goalkeeper but it is unlikely that any 3rd choice goalkeeper will get any game time, being the eldest will most likely retire before Pickford and Pope and I can't see him overtaking them, so its a bit pointless taking him. Whereas if they took Ramsdale, he will be learning and getting used to being in the squad etc.

Sound logic. A shame Southgate didn't share it.

Sound logic. A shame Southgate didn't share it.

Southgate dosen't have it to share.
A weak manager and a weak man.
His sole contribution to the Euros is ensuring the world knows he enforced the grovellingly beyond a joke pathetic kneeling down.
Really hope the opposition 11 are all stood tall and doing this in a synchronised fashion...

1622570764184.png

Last edited:

If you're picking a squad then you want to pick your best players. Although unlikely, if anything was to happen to the two keepers then you've got to rely on a rookie 3rd choice. It's not just injuries and suspensions that could stop them from playing- just needs one positive covid test.

However, I would have picked Rammers over Johnstone- I believe he is a better keeper overall, and not because he plays for United