Ramsdale is in the England Squad! | Vital Football

Ramsdale is in the England Squad!

Well done Rammers, fully deserved on current form. Two from him, West Brom's Sam Johnstone and Man United bit parter Henderson will join Pickford in the final squad.

No place for Patrick Bamford. 👌

B
Euro provisional squad, 4 goalkeepers named so I expect him to drop out unless there are injuries

Bloody hell..! Still I suppose there aren't a lot of English keepers to choose from, and he had a lot of practice this year. Good for him anyway. You never know he might make a name for himself....

Pope isn't so that explains Rammers's call up.
He's made great strides since after Christmas - and with quicker across the line foot movement:cool:.

Ironically he had a couple of 'moments' in the last game but, with about half a dozen English keepers in the PL, he's got himself into the top 4.

Sorry, forgot he plays for the red & white stripes and is therefore, in one mind, above any sort of comment except sycophantic praise.
Never comment adversely or dare to criticise 'one of ours ' eh.
Such objectivity, such perception.
Clown? You're Charlie Cairoli's love child.

Last edited:
The England coaches actually rate him how did that happen, he's crap I've read it on here.
Well done Ramsdale even if you drop out of the squad you've stuck at it and proved your critics were wrong. Add POY and YPOY at least you have come out of disastrous season with some credit.

Might be wrong but I don’t think anyone said he was crap on here a few have pointed out some issues with his game which he addressed during the season and improved because of it,he is also still very young in keeper terms so like wine should improve with age. Incidentally the current no1 for England has plenty of issues affecting his game not all international players are at the top of the game they are in the opinion of the current coach/manager the best available to them at that particular time

Sorry, forgot he plays for the red & white stripes and is therefore, in one mind, above any sort of comment except sycophantic praise.
TT you don't like anyone saying owt derogatory about Our Joe(and to a lesser extent Jonny Bairstow)even when he gets out to a poor shot and yes i know he's a cricket God i'm just saying you don't like it,some BLADES prefer to get behind our players rather than slate em(i'm not saying you slate our lads all the time by the way) but as always each to their own mi owd pal.Well done Rammers,whether he makes the final 26 man squad or not he's made wonderful progress from earlier in the season. I'm sure i read somewhere on social media earlier in the season that Rammers wasn't good enough to be a Sunday league keeper. UTB

BRILLIANT! Well done Rammers! Just as long as your agent doesn't convince you it'd be better for your career to move on.

TT you don't like anyone saying owt derogatory about Our Joe(and to a lesser extent Jonny Bairstow)even when he gets out to a poor shot and yes i know he's a cricket God i'm just saying you don't like it,some BLADES prefer to get behind our players rather than slate em(i'm not saying you slate our lads all the time by the way) but as always each to their own mi owd pal.Well done Rammers,whether he makes the final 26 man squad or not he's made wonderful progress from earlier in the season. I'm sure i read somewhere on social media earlier in the season that Rammers wasn't good enough to be a Sunday league keeper. UTB
You need to read back through ALL of my comments on cricket and you will find plenty where I have criticised poor shots or wicket given away by Yorks players. I have also praised some non Yorks players for their contributions too.

If some want to live in a blue bad/red good totally polarised world AND then call someone for not toeing that line then they should expect to get a bit back.

As for Ramsdale, in that post, point out where I have said anything other than factual.
He's one of very few England PL qualified keepers
He's got himself into 4th in the pecking order because 1 is having an op.
He had technical issues -slow across his lineamongst others - at the beginning of the season.

He has come on, made some excellent saves and , as I always maintained,I wanted that to happen and trust he goes a lot further. IF he carries on at the rate of improvement he's shown then he could well be the England keeper in years to come.

Criticising on here is like having a go amongst family, to me that's OK but, if an outsider comes in and has a go then I would, and do, defend those involved from any interloper.
MFMF,amongst others , ought to realise that.

You need to read back through ALL of my comments on cricket and you will find plenty where I have criticised poor shots or wicket given away by Yorks players. I have also praised some non Yorks players for their contributions too.

If some want to live in a blue bad/red good totally polarised world AND then call someone for not toeing that line then they should expect to get a bit back.

As for Ramsdale, in that post, point out where I have said anything other than factual.
He had technical issues -slow across his lineamongst others - at the beginning of the season.

He has come on, made some excellent saves and , as I always maintained,I wanted that to happen and trust he goes a lot further. IF he carries on at the rate of improvement he's shown then he could well be the England keeper in years to come.

Criticising on here is like having a go amongst family, to me that's OK but, if an outsider comes in and has a go then I would, and do, defend those involved from any interloper.
Our Joe TT,when have you ever criticised him for playing a poor shot? I said i wasn't having a dig at you and i wasn't,i was just pointing out that some fans like to stick with our players just like you stick with our Joe whatever happens.I'm not trying to start a argument just saying what i see.All views are welcome on here as far as i'm concerned,even those i don't agree with.:yes: UTB

WHAT DID OLD TWIRLO TELL YOU ALL . he,ll play for england ,its not quite sealed yet but my oh my ,those that said he was crap must feel a little embarrassed right now, but ill not mention it . gu on RAMMMERS LAD one happy blade here for ya pal. wallop

Might be wrong but I don’t think anyone said he was crap on here a few have pointed out some issues with his game which he addressed during the season and improved because of it,he is also still very young in keeper terms so like wine should improve with age. Incidentally the current no1 for England has plenty of issues affecting his game not all international players are at the top of the game they are in the opinion of the current coach/manager the best available to them at that particular time
people wrote him off and said what a waste of money he got absolutely slated buy a good few on here,where a couple of us saw exactly what a top keeper he is. well done rammers

hes got in the pecking order because of how good he is pal just admit tha wa wrong ,no one will think any lesser of ya . was it you that said he made the defence nervous hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahha. quality anyway utb

Don't criticise just for the sake of it. No objectivity just pathetic crap. If that's what you think just keep it to yourself. A great day for Rammers and you have to talk your usual bullshit.

Don't criticise just for the sake of it. No objectivity just pathetic crap. If that's what you think just keep it to yourself. A great day for Rammers and you have to talk your usual bullshit.
I'll post what I like when I like.
You're the SWFC obsessed poster who is blind to anything not red and white, not the administrator.Would have thought you were too busy remembering the names of every pig crowd member since 1900. After all you know every attendance.
Yet facts about SUFC and the players, their standing and stats don't count. Only total 100% support counts in your mind.And that's the truth not bullshit- so cope with it instead of hurling insults around.( a very pig like trait is that..............................................I wonder??????????????)

hes got in the pecking order because of how good he is pal just admit tha wa wrong ,no one will think any lesser of ya . was it you that said he made the defence nervous hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahha. quality anyway utb

Bulmer's post says it all.

I agree he's in the pecking order , 4th out of 6 or so ATM. I said that in my OP.
Everybody qualified is in a pecking order , that's how a pecking order works so no great shakes to get onto a list. It's how far up it you get. ATM he's 4th because, fact, the usual number 4, is having an op.Normally he would be 5th.That's what I pointed out in my OP but the knee jerkers and those lacking objectivity want to see it as some sort of disloyal heresy when all it is is FACT.

Do you think he's improved Twirls?

Last edited:
Our Joe TT,when have you ever criticised him for playing a poor shot? I said i wasn't having a dig at you and i wasn't,i was just pointing out that some fans like to stick with our players just like you stick with our Joe whatever happens.I'm not trying to start a argument just saying what i see.All views are welcome on here as far as i'm concerned,even those i don't agree with.:yes: UTB
T20 finals day a few years ago for one.
He'd come back from England duty and played a shot that looked as though he was not bothered.
He's also followed a few when he could have left them alone.
He's worked on his technique continually to improve. Seems there's others like him.