Racism in football/booing/the knee | Page 29 | Vital Football

Racism in football/booing/the knee

Does it say brown and yellow were the "in" colours, fuel shortages, the 3 day working week, strikes just about everywhere and the country on it's knees?? Also flairs, wide collars and side-burns :lol:

You missed the one vital ingredient to the 70's, corduroy!

Twitter says the United Kingdom was "by far" the main origin of racist posts aimed at England players after the Euro 2020 final.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-origin-of-racist-posts-after-euro-2020-final

https://blog.twitter.com/en_gb/topi...ne-racist-abuse-an-update-following-the-euros
I believe what twitter says as much as I believe that Pongo Waring will rise from the grave to bang in 40 goals this season. Took them a month to come up with that data? Remarkable for a technology company that has the ability to retrieve data in a micro-second.

At worst, with a 24 hr lag for stats.

There's a bit of a misnomer as they headline 'racist abuse' but the read the press release and it becomes 'appalling abuse'.

I don't disbelieve more came from the UK than claimed originally, but there's no point lumping abuse together.

What were the figures/origin for racist?
What were the figures/origin for homophobic?
What were the figures/origin for childish stuff like I hope you suffer a slow and painful death every footballer can take a pen you utter failure etc?

A proper breakdown would've been nice.

They also said 99% was trackable and didn't come from anonymous accounts - we've only charged 11-13 people tops, so how does that tally with 'by far' unless the 'by far' abuse from the UK wasn't racist?

There's a bit of a misnomer as they headline 'racist abuse' but the read the press release and it becomes 'appalling abuse'.

I don't disbelieve more came from the UK than claimed originally, but there's no point lumping abuse together.

What were the figures/origin for childish stuff like I hope you suffer a slow and painful death every footballer can take a pen you utter failure etc?

They also said 99% was trackable and didn't come from anonymous accounts - we've only charged 11-13 people tops, so how does that tally with 'by far' unless the 'by far' abuse from the UK wasn't racist?
How much of it came from one source? I'm sure more than a few were multiple offenders.

Very important variables to put into play to be honest. Obviously because it's the internet it's very hard to report accurately due to people not putting the right locations on their profiles and using VPNs etc.

How much of it came from one source? I'm sure more than a few were multiple offenders.

Is also a very good point. 1 person posting 100 racist comments still tallies as 100 racist incidents - it doesn't make it lessor but it does give more context.

I believe what twitter says as much as I believe that Pongo Waring will rise from the grave to bang in 40 goals this season. Took them a month to come up with that data? Remarkable for a technology company that has the ability to retrieve data in a micro-second.

My main question is whats their agenda, I don't know what they would get out of lying. Plus as some mentioned it was very vague, the "majority" to me means that the number is likely as low as 20-30%.

Whats almost impressive is that it was "only 1,600" or so "incidents". Unless I read it wrong it seemed to indicate 16,000 since the beginning of 2021 and 1,600 on the night.

Assuming those numbers are true it would a good conversation to have. If we're saying 60M live in the UK, 40MM watched the game, 5,000,000 have twitters accounts and assuming 800 tweets are from the country. I mean thats almost impressive in that it is so few.

The conversation to me is that you always want to try and get to zero, it may not be possible but lets recognize we've done some good work.

My main question is whats their agenda, I don't know what they would get out of lying. Plus as some mentioned it was very vague, the "majority" to me means that the number is likely as low as 20-30%.

Whats almost impressive is that it was "only 1,600" or so "incidents". Unless I read it wrong it seemed to indicate 16,000 since the beginning of 2021 and 1,600 on the night.

Assuming those numbers are true it would a good conversation to have. If we're saying 60M live in the UK, 40MM watched the game, 5,000,000 have twitters accounts and assuming 800 tweets are from the country. I mean thats almost impressive in that it is so few.

The conversation to me is that you always want to try and get to zero, it may not be possible but lets recognize we've done some good work.
Same agenda they have everywhere - to create as much internal division as possible within communities. There's no money to be made for them if the vast majority of people are unified. Brits being pissed off at kids in Asia or Eastern Europe doesn't create the traffic that comes from neighbours "hating" neighbours or folks with opposing political views. Same as perpetuating the race debate and divide in America that has, unfortunately, fractured friendships and families everywhere.
According to the media and social media (and a good swath of politicians) my own family of in-laws should think I'm a white supremacist racist who is holding them down. They laugh at it all....

I do think the world was a much better place without all this social media shit. Twitter, Instargram, Facebook etc. Shut the lot down. (Just keep Tinder :whist:)

I have recently left Twitter. Years ago it was generally OK but now it's full of weirdos, keyboard warriors, and pretend hard men who post bile with the sole intention to bait other people particularly in football rivalry.

Loads of Sky 4 wankers from outside the UK who wouldn't know where Manchester or Liverpool was if you asked them to show you on a map.

It occurred to me that just going on to it was causing me to get angry so it became easy to deactivate my account forever as life is too short to have to put up with that sort of crap.

Last edited: