Racism in football/booing/the knee | Page 27 | Vital Football

Racism in football/booing/the knee

Slightly off thread, but I see Sam Matterface has recieved 70 complaints to Ofcom for suggesting if England won the cup it would be ok to throw a sicky.
Now Sam isnt the greatest of commentators, but FFS do people sit at home searching for something to be outraged about.
Bunch of wankers.
I do find Sam Matterface grossly offensive tbf.

Just listening to various women on Radio 4 saying how 'football belongs to all of us' and saying how, having just discovered it, they want to change this and do that with it. Will these people kindly fuck off? watch the Olympics and leave football to those who live and breathe it every day - not once every 4 years.

They will be gone soon enough.

Starmer going after Wurzel on racism just plays into the culture war stuff that fuels this Tory government.

Just listening to various women on Radio 4 saying how 'football belongs to all of us' and saying how, having just discovered it, they want to change this and do that with it. Will these people kindly fuck off? watch the Olympics and leave football to those who live and breathe it every day - not once every 4 years.
They sound just like the people that come to live down here.
They havent been here two minutes and want everything altered to how it is where they have moved from.
I like it just how it is, so yes, kindly fuck off please.

One advantage of a sell-out stadium is not having to put up with these nouveau 'footy fans' turning up and telling us what to think.
Football has always been ahead of the curve on racism. We worshipped black players long, long before these bleeding hearts gave a shit.
Of course. Agree.
I look back to when I was a nipper. I idolised Dwight Yorke. He was great, he was cool. We all imitated diving headers. All wore our shirt collars flipped up. We all wanted to be him on the football pitch. The fact he was a black man never entered the conversation.
I think certain people just look way too deep into this. And to me, alot of it is absolute bullshit.

If you don’t think racism exists in and around football you’re part of the problem. Of course fans support their own black players but are not so considerate with others. If women can come into the argument and help with this bigotry then that’s a good thing.
I think players on their knees is a counter productive image but perhaps something that shows them linked together in a circle would be more effective.

If you don’t think racism exists in and around football you’re part of the problem. Of course fans support their own black players but are not so considerate with others. If women can come into the argument and help with this bigotry then that’s a good thing.
I think players on their knees is a counter productive image but perhaps something that shows them linked together in a circle would be more effective.
Disagree mate. I may dislike and abuse an opposing black player - but nothing to do with his skin - it's because he's the opposition (therefore probably a prick)

Yep it exists. Just like drug dealers, thieves, rapists, murderers.
But we don't go around pointing the fingers at everyone for being a thief do we. We dont turn innocent comments around and make it fit to sound someone is a drug dealer.
Yet we do with racism.
People seem to be on the hunt for a slight punctuation mistake. Boom. RACIST.
Like said above. If someone is playing against villa.... Everyone's a twat. Or a cheating nob. Or shit. Or a ******.

Note.... Not a white ******, not Asian ******, nor black ******. Just a ******.

Just took the 3 days for police to announce the graffiti on the Marcus Rashford mural is not racist.

Seems to be an awful lot of people devastated that it isn't.
Not sure what they gained to benefit from pretending it was, other than to whip up further divisions. I think there clearly is an issue with racism but stunts like this only add further fuel to the deniers and muddies the waters on what the problem actually looks like

Not sure what they gained to benefit from pretending it was, other than to whip up further divisions. I think there clearly is an issue with racism but stunts like this only add further fuel to the deniers and muddies the waters on what the problem actually looks like

Yep, everyone is aware that there is a problem with racism, but this need to exaggerate things is doing no good at all. Some of those commenting on the mural couldn't seem to accept that it wasn't racist, "it has to be!"

Why take so long to clear it up though? There were pictures from the beginning, do journalists actually do any work any more?