Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 159 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

I read a book once! Its true. Perhaps this should be in "what are you reading" thread however I thought it applied here too has it is a few years since I read it.

It's called "Why men don't listen and women can't read maps" I was livid with the title so borrowed it from the library. Clever psych in the title mind.

It wasn't sexist: it was an interesting factual scientific guide on men and women's spatial's. Brain files to you and me.

It discussed how they are laid out in our head. How the brain has evolved since early times and how much has stayed the same.

It also, had a good multiple choice answer questionnaire in the book. No way you could cheat it. Everyone answers will differ. The way the results are delivered shows where you are on the spatial chart. I would say largely accurate too

I thought I would throw that in the male/female sexist etc stuff

Anyone who is interested can get the kindle or book version. Here is the link to the kindle version

I think you might like this book – "Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps: How to spot the differences in the way men & women think" by Allan Pease, Barbara Pease.

Start reading it for free: https://amzn.eu/eLJxCoj

Last edited:
Perfect Guardian reporting. Married couple buys a car. Drives around in the car together. Pay for it together and yet it's the man's carbon emissions.

Tomorrow's story will be about how women are being oppressed because men drive them around.

The day after tomorrow there will be a story about heroic women who are fighting for gender equality by driving the family car sometimes.

Over the weekend they will run multiple stories about how men are oppressing women by forcing them to drive the family car sometimes.
I do like your rants mate, they are always so well thought out, even when you are having a go at my views.

Anti-Islam activist Tommy Robinson has lost a High Court libel case brought by a Syrian schoolboy.
Jamal Hijazi was filmed being attacked in the playground at Almondbury School in Huddersfield in October 2018.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57930901

giphy.gif

One question. How did a Syrian refugee manage to rack up £500k worth of legal costs. What if he had lost the case.

Depends on the structure, but yes, insurances might kick in for some elements to cover a firm on any liabilities there end - but the firm itself wouldn't be liable for 'costs' per se.

Falling on an individual - I guess Yaxley will declare bankruptcy or fund raise from idiots - you'd go payment plan route I guess.

Decent read for those with an interest.

Critical race theory has become a topic of fierce political debate in the US in recent months. The conflict has most prominently played out in public school districts, as parents, teachers and school administrators grapple with how to teach race, discrimination and inequality in the classroom.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57908808

Critical race theory has become a topic of fierce political debate in the US in recent months. The conflict has most prominently played out in public school districts, as parents, teachers and school administrators grapple with how to teach race, discrimination and inequality in the classroom.
I read the article and the further I got into it, the more that I got to feel that if America goes down this route, many years into the future it will find itself resembling Zimbabwe, where they the threw out the baby with the bath water.

Last edited:

Why do kids need to learn about race, discrimination and inequality in the classroom?

It really gets my goat how much time my kids waste in school learning about climate change.

Schools are for teaching academic subjects.

Are they? I would imagine as you are educated, as is your good lady, that you think the rest is for you to teach your kids? But do you not see where that falls down? Not all parents are like your goodselves.

I think schools should be there for a rounded education, skills, climate, race, and things like protecting yourself (martial arts being perfect) and practical skills like cpr.

BUT of course, there are the moral dilemmas in a rounded education, do you teach all religions or none. And so on.

Interested in your take on this though, as not all kids are academic but could be taught fantastic skills and be made to feel just as vital in life.

Why do kids need to learn about race, discrimination and inequality in the classroom?

It really gets my goat how much time my kids waste in school learning about climate change.

Very rare BB, but I don’t agree with you on this one. I learned a lot about both that my parents couldn’t teach me, though obviously academic study should over index hugely.

If you have a child brought up in a racist household for example, is there not a counter balance where the child can listen to more rational thoughts? Equally, they shouldn’t be brainwashing nice theories over facts in my view. We need to understand how we naturally do see differences with people who don’t look like us (subconsciously), learn how to make it conscious so we don’t use those prejudices, and drive improvement.

You are closer to modern curriculum than me, so I don’t know how many hours are spent - but I don’t agree take it to zero.

Very rare BB, but I don’t agree with you on this one. I learned a lot about both that my parents couldn’t teach me, though obviously academic study should over index hugely.

If you have a child brought up in a racist household for example, is there not a counter balance where the child can listen to more rational thoughts? Equally, they shouldn’t be brainwashing nice theories over facts in my view. We need to understand how we naturally do see differences with people who don’t look like us (subconsciously), learn how to make it conscious so we don’t use those prejudices, and drive improvement.

You are closer to modern curriculum than me, so I don’t know how many hours are spent - but I don’t agree take it to zero.
Hear what you are saying, but if I had kids at school I wouldnt want a bunch of left wing teachers teaching this. Sorry its paywalled, but you get the essence of it from the headline.
Nursery teachers should give lessons on white privilege, says ...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk › news › 2021/04/03 › nur...

3 Apr 2021 — Advice from unions and charities criticised by Tory MPs for turning ... that 'children do not see race' and are colour blind to difference”.
Missing: urges ‎| Must include: urges

Primary school pupils should learn about white privilege, says ...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk › news › 2021/06/15 › pri...

15 Jun 2021 — The materials, seen by The Telegraph, are designed to help schools include black, Asian and ethnic minority people in RE syllabuses.