Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 148 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Absolutely, I'm not saying that the officer made the best choice under the circumstances but he had to make a choice in a fraction of a second and he had a gun.

Even the choice to shoot 4 times rather than once or twice seems excessive.

I'm shocked that the police showing up didn't seem to bother that group of kids at all. They just continued on fighting.

And then you have 15 year old girls having a knife fight outside somebody's house?

I didn't watch the video but the missus did say she wasn't sure what choice the cop had.

I never get emotional over these things but for some reason this situation did. Maybe because I finally admitted to myself that I did get bullied a bit in school and then thinking about it being my daughter in either situation.

I am so angry at those kids tormenting that poor girl and for her to be the one to call the cops and have that happen is the epitome of tragic. We can say the situation could have been handled so differently but it goes back to the "defund the police" thing. As is mentioned they have to be trained to deescalate. We can't blame the cop he was trained to do what he did but we can blame those kids first all because this should never have happened and then you have to look at whatever advisory board is setting police training.

Couldnt give a shit what colour someone is or what their background is.
But if i had a daughter and some piece of shit held a gun to her pregnant stomach while his goons stole belongings i would want that twat removed from this planet.
People talking about depopulation. Great idea. Lets start with these kind of people.

That’s an awful crime granted, the law should’ve locked him up for life for that but the liberal world has rights for criminals who do that.

I see this as a separate incident though.

Last edited:
Did his girlfriend press charges? That's usually where abuse cases fall down.

Whatever he did, it's up to the system to decide his fate, not an out of control cop.

The right are going mad in America, and their main line of attack is Floyd's background. They don't seem to see this doesn't matter. A policeman has been imprisoned for killing an unarmed man. That is huge.

The problem is, Col, there are 4 times as many whites as there are blacks. That means you are twice as likely to get shot by a cop if you are black.
For you to incorporate numbers you would have to have a stat with how many white criminals vs black criminals there are to be truely accurate.
Police arnt going to be shooting innocent people are they so non criminals are safe.... mmmm might be a message there!

Ask Brianna Taylor and many many others at overzealous cops Col.

The point is, why do black people get shot disproportionally irrespective of their actions when white people don't disproportionally irrespective of their actions.

The answer to that question speaks to exactly why it's such a big issue in the US and painting the likes of Floyd as a criminal (when it was a sentence served years ago) is part of the institutionalised racism people in the US argue about.

His past was aired to whip up a defence, create hate and totally take people's attentions off Chauvin's actions. Anyone else spot the 'angry, strong, immune to pain' stereotype used in the defence?

The US is the only country that convicts on a crime committed by a child 40 years ago regardless of what they are now actually charged with....the UK doesn't allow prior conduct in as a matter of course, as prior conduct is irrelevant to the simple question of whether or not there is evidence of the current charge.

Hence Floyd's past had to be addressed by the prosecution, yet nobody talked about the specifics of the dozen plus complaints Chauvin had been reprimanded for.

For you to incorporate numbers you would have to have a stat with how many white criminals vs black criminals there are to be truely accurate.
Police arnt going to be shooting innocent people are they so non criminals are safe.... mmmm might be a message there!

Crime has strong links to poverty. Blacks are more likely to live in poverty, because in America they weren't allowed to participate in things like property until recently.

Sort the poverty and education you for everyone, and you cut crime.

Confrontational crime is the norm in America, and that creates more poverty as people are targeted and fined.

It's time to stop the vicious cycle.

Ask Brianna Taylor and many many others at overzealous cops Col.

The point is, why do black people get shot disproportionally irrespective of their actions when white people don't disproportionally irrespective of their actions.

The answer to that question speaks to exactly why it's such a big issue in the US and painting the likes of Floyd as a criminal (when it was a sentence served years ago) is part of the institutionalised racism people in the US argue about.

His past was aired to whip up a defence, create hate and totally take people's attentions off Chauvin's actions. Anyone else spot the 'angry, strong, immune to pain' stereotype used in the defence?

The US is the only country that convicts on a crime committed by a child 40 years ago regardless of what they are now actually charged with....the UK doesn't allow prior conduct in as a matter of course, as prior conduct is irrelevant to the simple question of whether or not there is evidence of the current charge.

Hence Floyd's past had to be addressed by the prosecution, yet nobody talked about the specifics of the dozen plus complaints Chauvin had been reprimanded for.
Well Chauvin was judged guilty on all 3 counts. No need for whataboutery mike.
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Crime has strong links to poverty. Blacks are more likely to live in poverty, because in America they weren't allowed to participate in things like property until recently.

Confrontational crime is the norm in America, and that creates more poverty as people are targeted and fined.

Agree

And it's also linked to drugs and criminality.

Black bloke on Coke or opioids goes behind bars for a few years and has a massive fine to pay, which if unpaid sees them back behind bars.

Poor white/hispanic bloke has exactly the same punishment.

Upper/middle class actor/politician etc gets ordered to rehab (or volunteers for no charges) and a fine (they can pay) and they back out getting tanked up within the week in effect.

The US system isn't justice, it's debtors prison going back to the slave trade to protect the land owners and rid them of a problem worker.

Yep, once in that cycle, it's hard to get out.

America has an incarceration rate far higher than any of their peers. And as you say, it's largely about money and control of minorities.

That's one reason defunding the Police makes sense.

Remember watching a programme on it ages ago, and I'm in no way painting all 'drug related criminals' the same and saying this is 100% of them on release, but one chap they followed was doing 16 odd hr days (3 jobs) and barely keeping afloat with life and paying his fine instalments, one job went - two weeks later he was back behind bars - what more can he do?

In some ways I'd say these days it's less about control of minorities per se, they are just easier game for the prison business because it's almost impossible to get out of the cycle unless absolutely everything goes your way (or win the lottery) and they began with a leg down anyway.

The true meaning of defund is right (again it's largely what we do) more resources for rehab and so on. Nip it in the bud, don't push those who want out down a deeper rabbit hole.

Sort the system out, give more hope and help and it wouldn't end it, but it would pull the rug from under the gang system as youngsters would see a clear path to an alternative.

In Blue states you might be right, but never underestimate the racism in Red states. Just pop onto the comments section of any US right wing site, and they don't even try and hide it.

One poster called for the extermination of all blacks a few days ago, and he wasn't joking.

And yes, defund the Police is essentially stop spending half your budget on militarising the Police, and try and deal with non serious crimes in a different way. They actually have a terrible record at solving murders and rapes, for example, because they are distracted by putting some addict behind bars instead, or dealing with mental health issues.

When NY cops protested a few years back by refusing to deal with low level crimes, crime rates actually dropped. They were hoping they would rise, to leverage the city government.

In Blue states you might be right, but never underestimate the racism in Red states. Just pop onto the comments section of any US right wing site, and they don't even try and hide it.

One poster called for the extermination of all blacks a few days ago, and he wasn't joking.

And yes, defund the Police is essentially stop spending half your budget on militarising the Police, and try and deal with non serious crimes in a different way. They actually have a terrible record at solving murders and rapes, for example, because they are distracted by putting some addict behind bars instead, or dealing with mental health issues.

When NY cops protested a few years back by refusing to deal with low level crimes, crime rates actually dropped. They were hoping they would rise, to leverage the city government.

That's a fair point when you split in more, for some it does undoubtedly suit their ethos as well at profit margin.

Spot on with the rest - you got a link for that last line mate, first I've heard. That's quite astonishing but I'm expecting multiple factors.