Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 149 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Some interesting points made there on cause and effect. Under reporting has to play a part, but equally the lack of more aggressive policing would obviously have an effect on an individual's tension levels and likelihood to react when pulled.

Certainly food for thought.

Some interesting points made there on cause and effect. Under reporting has to play a part, but equally the lack of more aggressive policing would obviously have an effect on an individual's tension levels and likelihood to react when pulled.

Certainly food for thought.

Yes, it certainly muddies the waters for the right wingers asking for more money for the Police, and increasingly militarised equipment.

For you to incorporate numbers you would have to have a stat with how many white criminals vs black criminals there are to be truely accurate.
Police arnt going to be shooting innocent people are they so non criminals are safe.... mmmm might be a message there!

Since 2015, police officers have fatally shot at least 135 unarmed Black men and women nationwide, an NPR investigation has found. NPR reviewed police, court and other records to examine the details of the cases. At least 75% of the officers were white.
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/25/9561...narmed-black-people-reveal-troubling-patterns

Last edited:
In Blue states you might be right, but never underestimate the racism in Red states. Just pop onto the comments section of any US right wing site, and they don't even try and hide it.

One poster called for the extermination of all blacks a few days ago, and he wasn't joking.

And yes, defund the Police is essentially stop spending half your budget on militarising the Police, and try and deal with non serious crimes in a different way. They actually have a terrible record at solving murders and rapes, for example, because they are distracted by putting some addict behind bars instead, or dealing with mental health issues.

When NY cops protested a few years back by refusing to deal with low level crimes, crime rates actually dropped. They were hoping they would rise, to leverage the city government.

Blue states aren't free from racism. It is everywhere over here. Absolutely everywhere.

For you to incorporate numbers you would have to have a stat with how many white criminals vs black criminals there are to be truely accurate.
Police arnt going to be shooting innocent people are they so non criminals are safe.... mmmm might be a message there!

I don't know if you remember Tamir Rice. He was a little boy playing with a toy gun in a park and the cops turned up and shot him dead. There is a video of it. Very difficult to watch.

I don't know if you remember Tamir Rice. He was a little boy playing with a toy gun in a park and the cops turned up and shot him dead. There is a video of it. Very difficult to watch.

Was that the one that saw a drive towards making toy and BB guns more colourful so they could be better differentiated and at least give pause for thought?

The name is vaguely familiar but I have no idea why?

Was that the one that saw a drive towards making toy and BB guns more colourful so they could be better differentiated and at least give pause for thought?

The name is vaguely familiar but I have no idea why?

The name is familiar because he was a little boy playing in the park and the cops pulled up and shot him dead and it was all caught on camera.

He'd served his time Col and gone clean, it's a broken record. He wasn't resisting, the video clearly shows he wasn't.

That teacher is a cock on more than one level - I'd love to tell my story one day, but no I won't speak to you reporter.

But he was?????

I don't believe in the "once a criminal, always a criminal" which seems to be a cultural thing in the US, maybe even its just a general human thing? Same with racism, I think you can a "reformed racist" if the work is done. The way the left acts you wouldn't think it though.

I don't know much about this man, seems he had an addiction and tried to get help. We can call him and label him anything we want but the fact is he died for nothing.

Biden and co need to really reform things from the bottom up. For me its a massive issue and problem that people think its more important to call him a criminal than a murder victim. The last time he was a criminal was 2013, I moved to America that year and for me I really don't consider myself to be the same person.

Thinking about it this way and maybe I am a radical leftist but if the only jobs we can give these men access to is McDonalds and driving trucks I doubt more than 5-10% succeed in maintaining an honest life. I don't think that is exclusively because they are bad people. It goes back to Americas meritocracy and class system. Its going to be pretty hard to succeed in life working in McDonald's with few opportunities.

People in jail maybe don't deserve the opportunity to earn a real degree but I'd suggest the benefit to the tax payer is probably pretty good if they can get a good job and be productive. Its a tough trade off but if you stick these guys in jail with no hope or opportunity regardless of whether they deserve it or not then they'll be right back in 5 years. And some of what I say is bollocks because private prisons show it can be profitable and not "directly" cost the tax payer.

TL:DR - something has to change with how criminals are treated regardless of whether they deserve it or not

I don't believe in the "once a criminal, always a criminal" which seems to be a cultural thing in the US, maybe even its just a general human thing? Same with racism, I think you can a "reformed racist" if the work is done. The way the left acts you wouldn't think it though.

I don't know much about this man, seems he had an addiction and tried to get help. We can call him and label him anything we want but the fact is he died for nothing.

Biden and co need to really reform things from the bottom up. For me its a massive issue and problem that people think its more important to call him a criminal than a murder victim. The last time he was a criminal was 2013, I moved to America that year and for me I really don't consider myself to be the same person.

Thinking about it this way and maybe I am a radical leftist but if the only jobs we can give these men access to is McDonalds and driving trucks I doubt more than 5-10% succeed in maintaining an honest life. I don't think that is exclusively because they are bad people. It goes back to Americas meritocracy and class system. Its going to be pretty hard to succeed in life working in McDonald's with few opportunities.

People in jail maybe don't deserve the opportunity to earn a real degree but I'd suggest the benefit to the tax payer is probably pretty good if they can get a good job and be productive. Its a tough trade off but if you stick these guys in jail with no hope or opportunity regardless of whether they deserve it or not then they'll be right back in 5 years. And some of what I say is bollocks because private prisons show it can be profitable and not "directly" cost the tax payer.

TL:DR - something has to change with how criminals are treated regardless of whether they deserve it or not
Yep we do need to change how we treat criminals.
The ones that can be helped should be helped more...
And to fund it....
Those that cant be helped = silver bullet. And use their funding on the ones that can change.

In the UK, 138 per 100,000 people are in jail.

In the US, 419 per 100,000 people are in jail.

It's the highest, by far, in the developed world. There is something seriously broken with their system. That's why I always think twice before condemning someone labelled as a criminal over there.

Not least, going to jail can end in a downward spiral that may have been avoided otherwise.