Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 147 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

The thing is, our Police force turns up and deals with that same situation without a gun.

Absolutely, I'm not saying that the officer made the best choice under the circumstances but he had to make a choice in a fraction of a second and he had a gun.

Even the choice to shoot 4 times rather than once or twice seems excessive.

I'm shocked that the police showing up didn't seem to bother that group of kids at all. They just continued on fighting.

And then you have 15 year old girls having a knife fight outside somebody's house?

Over the life of the Chauvin trial, 64 people died in police incidents in the US. That's over about a month and a half.

I was told cops over there only get a few weeks training, in many States. It's basically "you have a gun, so use it" instead of learning how to defuse situations.

Of course, there is a great difference from one force to another, but this is what happens in many Counties, particularly the more rural ones.

I think Candice Owens is quite smart. She's very articulate too. I think she figured out early on that as a black conservative she would get a lot of attention and air time.

I haven't seen any advocating living our lives like George Floyd lived his. Nobody is selling the George Floyd Method self-help book. He's being held up as a rallying point for police reform. I'd guess Candice knows that but by presenting the Fox News talking points, she will make more money.

I rarely even come second these days! LOL

I know nothing about her at all, but thought what she said was interesting and pretty smart on this particular subject. I think people have forgotten - and as she says this is not excusing the guilty and vile copper - who/what Flloyd was.

Yep, you can take good points from people without having to declare yourself a fan of them.

I agree with some stuff she says and she makes good arguments, and then I have no interest in a lot of what else she stands for.

Nobody has forgotten who he is, but he didn't deserve to die. His family have still lost him, and nobody is saying live your life like him.

The point of the whole affair is that finally the Police were held accountable. Floyds name will forever be linked with that, as a movement for good.

I need to read the posts above to get the context of this but most British people wouldn’t want to see a return of the death penalty for mass murderers (I would for the record), so a criminal with a dodgy drugs history and using fake money certainly shouldn’t have had a death sentence handed to him as he did by the law in this case.

No justification for the way Floyd was killed, chequered history or not.

There is a young lady here. Her name is dominique samuels. She is a black woman but is so refreshing to here from her.
She is a voice of reason and i love listening to her.
She always put down the left wing nutters on tv programmes.
She is also a bit of a hotty which helps.

Nobody has forgotten who he is, but he didn't deserve to die. His family have still lost him, and nobody is saying live your life like him.

The point of the whole affair is that finally the Police were held accountable. Floyds name will forever be linked with that, as a movement for good.

She said similar to be fair.

I think people lost sight of who he was over here especially with the protests. I could, obviously, be wrong.

I need to read the posts above to get the context of this but most British people wouldn’t want to see a return of the death penalty for mass murderers (I would for the record), so a criminal with a dodgy drugs history and using fake money certainly shouldn’t have had a death sentence handed to him as he did by the law in this case.

No justification for the way Floyd was killed, chequered history or not.
Couldnt give a shit what colour someone is or what their background is.
But if i had a daughter and some piece of shit held a gun to her pregnant stomach while his goons stole belongings i would want that twat removed from this planet.
People talking about depopulation. Great idea. Lets start with these kind of people.