Pro Life vs Pro Choice | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pro Life vs Pro Choice

Me too mate, taken far too young.

I wonder what he would have made of the world today. He sure as shit wouldn't be short of material that's for sure lol

Christ, with Trump - he'd have a new show, tour and DVD every bloody week!

It'd kill him all over again and that;s before he went to his vices to wind down!

Good article that Mike.

Here's another one about how 'Animals get better healthcare than women in crisis pregnancy' according to Irish farmers.

I think I'll be voting YES this Friday.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...-pregnancy-claims-irish-farmers-36939289.html

How's the feeling there? Are people flying home to vote and all that?

My parents are both going to vote no and I'd imagine everyone else in their demographic will too. They'll all show up to vote too.

How's the feeling there? Are people flying home to vote and all that?

My parents are both going to vote no and I'd imagine everyone else in their demographic will too. They'll all show up to vote too.

It's pretty tense BB, and honestly I have no idea how it's going to go. I have seen stories of people flying home, mostly girls on Twitter, fair play to them.

That's the problem isn't it? Young people tend not to vote, older people always do. Although a lot more younger people have registered in this referendum.

Why do people feel the need to regulate women's bodies? Nobody is making you have one so why should it bother you if other people make that decision for themselves? Also as men why should you have a vote at all? As far as I know women are the only ones who get pregnant. I'm sick of old white men making decisions for women's health.
*rant over for now

I'll counter as far as blokes should get a say, and in a sensible system to allow for the rare exceptions it should hold similar weight in limited certain circs. But the bar to even apply to that has to be massively high.

ie the CSA exists to balance off responsibility on a bloke acting like a cock without forethought - there should be similar provision the other way that doesn't absolve personal responsibility but at least gives the voice to a complaint - as in my head that would only help drum home safe sex and consequences because it would be talked about more.

But even saying blokes should get a say, a say isn't the final decision and it should be left to the woman with the man's thoughts acknowledged.

That means it's not a matter for Parliament or religion.

Whatever happens with this vote, given the religious implictions for Ireland even allowing a vote is a massive first step.

Well there is going to be around 30% just over, annoyed no voters in Ireland tonight and over the next few days if the exit polls are correct. Given as they are saying it's two thirds in favour which is more than thet expected I think it's safe to say the yes vote has a landslide win

Why do people feel the need to regulate women's bodies? Nobody is making you have one so why should it bother you if other people make that decision for themselves? Also as men why should you have a vote at all? As far as I know women are the only ones who get pregnant. I'm sick of old white men making decisions for women's health.
*rant over for now

I think that's a really sexist and exclusionary point of view, Siggy.

Both men and women are necessary to bring a child into the world. We all deserve a say in how we live as a society.

Technically a woman brings a child into the world. So to me that means women should have more say in the matter.

Again, I’m tired of men telling women what they can and can’t do with their bodies. I guess I’ve never understood why people have an issue with abortion. If you don’t agree with it don’t have one. End of.

*rant over for now

Every guy I know voted yes. There was plenty of women voting no.

Why does everything have to be a race/gender issue? It's a human rights issue, don't be giving me this "white male" bollocks.

I'm a male and I'm white. So fucking what? I'm proud of both of those things. I have never owned slaves or oppressed women. I don't have to answer for what has gone on before me. Dead peoples baggage.

I am absolutely sick up to my teeth seeing these kind of opinions being spewed across social media.

Every guy I know voted yes. There was plenty of women voting no.

Why does everything have to be a race/gender issue? It's a human rights issue, don't be giving me this "white male" bollocks.

I'm a male and I'm white. So fucking what? I'm proud of both of those things. I have never owned slaves or oppressed women. I don't have to answer for what has gone on before me. Dead peoples baggage.

I am absolutely sick up to my teeth seeing these kind of opinions being spewed across social media.
I should have said as an American woman I’m tired of old white American men making decisions about what I can and can’t do with my body.

It wasn’t my intention to make this a race/gender issue. Am I not allowed to share my opinion just like everyone else has?

I should have said as an American woman I’m tired of old white American men making decisions about what I can and can’t do with my body. Roe v Wade was decided by the Supreme Court in 1972. Get over it and move on. We had ANOTHER school shooting yesterday making it 23 for 2018 yet nothing is done to stop them. Infuriating.

It wasn’t my intention to make this a race/gender issue. Am I not allowed to share my opinion just like everyone else has?

I should have said as an American woman I’m tired of old white American men making decisions about what I can and can’t do with my body.

Well this is not about America (despite the meddling from American groups in the referendum, learned a thing or two from Russia then?)

Of course you can share your opinion, I think we pretty much agree on it anyway. It's the reason I voted YES.

I just take issue with certain language that brings in race or gender that has nothing really to do with the point at hand, because I have no time for identity politics and feel it's divisive and not the way forward for this ever more doomed species of ours.

I don't mean to come across as a dick, forgive me, but I'm drunk, happy with the potential outcome of the vote, and shitting myself about the game tomorrow. ;)