Pro Life vs Pro Choice | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pro Life vs Pro Choice

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I had an exchange with what I take to be a man in the Mid-West last week, and he basically said that if girls wanted to do science or mend cars, then they would ask. He was being serious.

Facebook is to publish comprehensive data on political advertising during Ireland’s abortion referendum campaign, giving an unprecedented insight into targeting of voters on social media and setting a powerful precedent for election transparency.

The US company has told Irish politicians it will provide anonymised details of the amount spent on targeting Irish voters on its platform between 1 March and 25 May, and the number of referendum-linked ads that had been purchased.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...rtion-referendum-ad-spending-targeting-voters

I suppose so. Were there limits on what each campaign could spend? Is that part of why some might be worried? Or is it just to highlight a bias for one side or the other?

I would suspect the Pro lifers spent quite a bit more, as they were fighting a losing battle from the start.

Bearing in mind that there was a rather clearcut result, I can't see this generating the same heat as either the Brexit or Trump situations.

Bearing in mind that there was a rather clearcut result, I can't see this generating the same heat as either the Brexit or Trump situations.

Agree BBJ, but interesting that Facebook is suddenly painting itself as a beacon of transparency and good practice.

Reactions: BBJ
Failure to act on ref is starting to cause ructions - especially with May's hand being held by the DUP. That was quite a bizarre interview on the BBC just then.

Uses an example of still birth, pro-lifer argues there's no proof that diagnosis always ends in death, then next sentence does a Trump and admits 'but many do'???