Prince v KM in Court | Page 18 | Vital Football

Prince v KM in Court

I was responding to the "eminent, professional business men" part. They are neither eminent, nor professional when it comes to football, based on what I have seen from the case so far. To be honest I was being facetious and I suspect that you were as well...

I thought the Prince got a bit of a hammering at the end with the stuff about him not including his phone in the discovery until pressed and it turning out to include the only electronic evidence linking him to the Sela Sports stuff. I also thought it was interesting that he admitted that he told McCabe and his team that the £3M Chartwell money wouldn't have to be repaid, which matches what we heard the other week. Especially as his own lawyer had argued that McCabe and Tutton had made that up...

Gleadhill QC stated KM had made up the point that the Club would not have to repay the £3m loan and that the Princes recollection of the discussion was that the loan would be covered by sponsorship money. KM then agreed about the sponsorship money. Prince to-day said the same but added equity shares in SUFC was also an option to cover the loan. Downes QC said this was not true and the Prince had made that up. Both sides giving slightly differing accounts but nothing to suggest yet there is any compelling evidence of bribery IMO.

Not facetious totally SRE.

It does amaze me that such a high profile ( because of his hobby-SUFC)businessman with a large scale property company with a mainly successful track record is so naive, ill advised ( or does not take advice well?) not to have the consequences of his actions thought through, or pointed out, BEFORE taking said action. Maybe he only employs yes men who can't/daren't make such points to him???

I once told my team they were nowt but a bunch of bloody 'Yes men' and they all agreed with me.

My understanding was that certain assurances were given to Team Ched about his future, and it is probably that KK honouring a pledge was more important than 'a bit of chatter in the papers'. Maybe he thought like a lot did that this was SUFC business and nothing to do with anyone else, whereas it raised all kinds of questions about accountability and entitlement important to a much wider interest in our society. Just a serious underestimation to the reaction it got, although quite a few could see it coming.

Both sides giving slightly differing accounts but nothing to suggest yet there is any compelling evidence of bribery IMO.

Sure. I wasn't suggesting that there was, I just thought the discrepancy was interesting.

I'm waiting for someone to stand up and admit their guilt.....probably right at the end

Where is Perry Mason when you need him?

Not facetious totally SRE.

It does amaze me that such a high profile ( because of his hobby-SUFC)businessman with a large scale property company with a mainly successful track record is so naive, ill advised ( or does not take advice well?) not to have the consequences of his actions thought through, or pointed out, BEFORE taking said action. Maybe he only employs yes men who can't/daren't make such points to him???

He apparently hired a CFO who doesn't remember anything he does or why he does it and didn't want the job in the first place, so who knows?

My understanding was that certain assurances were given to Team Ched about his future, and it is probably that KK honouring a pledge was more important than 'a bit of chatter in the papers'. Maybe he thought like a lot did that this was SUFC business and nothing to do with anyone else, whereas it raised all kinds of questions about accountability and entitlement important to a much wider interest in our society. Just a serious underestimation to the reaction it got, although quite a few could see it coming.

I think a large part of it was the belief within the club (later proven in court) that Ched was wrongfully convicted. McCabe clearly wanted to help him rebuild his career. I'm glad that he eventually got the chance to do so, even if his return to us didn't work out.

I think a large part of it was the belief within the club (later proven in court) that Ched was wrongfully convicted. McCabe clearly wanted to help him rebuild his career. I'm glad that he eventually got the chance to do so, even if his return to us didn't work out.

I think you are exactly right SirRodders, and it also explains why we didn't plan to have a reasonable stand in for Ched should he get sent down, and therefore we finished the season on 3 cylinders. It would have been better for him to consider SUFC, not Team Ched as the more important. Ancient history now...

"This was one of worst times for me, financially. I'm sure I was able to eat and pay for my children's school but it was bad."

And some want the Prince to win? £200m ?
The Prince is getting shredded today, all sorts of accusations being thrown at him.

Who was the absolute nincompoop that brought this this ‘potless’ Prince onboard for a quid anyway? I bet he’d be the type who would make the hapless Brian Robson a team manager and back him like never before or since simply because he was a ‘name’.

I seem to have a distant memory of someone uttering a phrase which went something like: “Think Liverpool”.

A slight, but innocent error?

I seem to have a distant memory of someone uttering a phrase which went something like: “Think Liverpool”.

A slight, but innocent error?

I think it was Jim Phipps, as a comparison to the investment styles of Man City and Liverpool, i.e. slower investment and progression rather than loads all at once. It clearly wasn't meant to be taken literally (as in as much investment as Liverpool have) but that never stops the section of our support who like to use easy sound bites to knock the club.

The Prince is getting shredded today, all sorts of accusations being thrown at him.

Who was the absolute nincompoop that brought this this ‘potless’ Prince onboard for a quid anyway? I bet he’d be the type who would make the hapless Brian Robson a team manager and back him like never before or since simply because he was a ‘name’.

The problem is the accusations are baseless at the moment as there is no evidence to substantiate them. You've used the right word Gray shredded I think thats whats happened to all the Princes e mail's :LOL:

HRH has said he was worth £200m at the time of the original deal. Can I assume no one believes him?

HRH has said he was worth £200m at the time of the original deal. Can I assume no one believes him?

It's possible that he believes it, but he can't remember. He'll have to check with his bank and assistant, but unfortunately the bank is never open and his assistant doesn't keep any records...