Prince v KM in Court | Page 17 | Vital Football

Prince v KM in Court

Nothing much that moves it forward to-day. Prince struggling for money after the initial £10m investment, well its become obvious over the course of the Hearing and from the Pleadings.

The key question was raised at the end about the relationships surrounding the Charwell loan. Tomorrow will be the key in terms of evidence regarding the alleged bribery allegations and whether they can be proven conclusively.

As for Ched Evans coming back to the Club the media alleged some time ago KM planned his return before the Prince and CW got involved. Prince just firing a shot across KM's bow into an area of perceived weakness to try and support the view KM was meddling in day to day affairs. Not the best example.

Although FKB picked up the wrong period it would have been interesting to know exactly how much on board the Prince and team were about KM's attempts to get CE back into the Club immediately following his release. That was an unmitigated PR disaster.

You have to assume Prince and co. were ok with it otherwise highlighting any disagreements on this would have carried more weight.

No we aren't: "Prince Abdullah referred to the decision to re-sign Ched Evans in 2017 (after his rape conviction was quashed following a re-trial)"

The way I read it was that HRH refered to signing Evans "after 3 years of not playing "which is why I think he was talking about 2014. By 2017, when he returned to United he'd played a season at Chesterfield,.

Nothing much that moves it forward to-day. Prince struggling for money after the initial £10m investment, well its become obvious over the course of the Hearing and from the Pleadings.

The key question was raised at the end about the relationships surrounding the Charwell loan. Tomorrow will be the key in terms of evidence regarding the alleged bribery allegations and whether they can be proven conclusively.

As for Ched Evans coming back to the Club the media alleged some time ago KM planned his return before the Prince and CW got involved. Prince just firing a shot across KM's bow into an area of perceived weakness to try and support the view KM was meddling in day to day affairs. Not the best example.

Although FKB picked up the wrong period it would have been interesting to know exactly how much on board the Prince and team were about KM's attempts to get CE back into the Club immediately following his release. That was an unmitigated PR disaster.

You have to assume Prince and co. were ok with it otherwise highlighting any disagreements on this would have carried more weight.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-week-football-turned-its-back-on-evans-8wxgfxvp9vh

The infamous Project Godfrey. PR was that bad at the time made us look more like Private Godfrey :LOL:

The way I read it was that HRH refered to signing Evans "after 3 years of not playing "which is why I think he was talking about 2014. By 2017, when he returned to United he'd played a season at Chesterfield,.

I read it the same as you initially but the previous tweet does refer to 2017. The problem is we are at the mercy of a third party journalists ability to pick up on what was said and get it down in writing whilst trying to keep up with what is going on. If he was referring to 2014/15 I would have expected more to come out about meddling and disagreements as I've mentioned in my post with the Times article extract above.

The Prince's comments don't match up to 2014 either, as we only invited him to train with us to get fit again. There was no mention of a contract being offered at the time and the instant media circus prevented even that. I don't know how Clough would have reacted if McCabe had told him we were signing Evans to be honest, I just know that Wilder wouldn't have stood for it because he told us that.

The Prince's comments don't match up to 2014 either, as we only invited him to train with us to get fit again. There was no mention of a contract being offered at the time and the instant media circus prevented even that. I don't know how Clough would have reacted if McCabe had told him we were signing Evans to be honest, I just know that Wilder wouldn't have stood for it because he told us that.

Had the media circus not happened, Evans would have been given a contract regardless of Cloughies feelings. I'm sure of that. KK had, (as I understand it...) given some assurances about Cheds future, and had Nige visiting Ched in jail, something that I could never see happen in any other circumstances. (Ched was never his player...). What was staggering was that Kev and Jim failed to see the possibility of a shyte storm about the whole thing when it was obvious how it was going to turn out.
As for CW, he may have had the final say to signing Ched from Chesterfield but I would be really surprised if he wasn't 'encouraged' to see it positively.

What was staggering was that Kev and Jim failed to see the possibility of a shyte storm about the whole thing when it was obvious how it was going to turn out.

Other sports stars had been released from prison and gone straight back without much in the way of opposition before, but Evans was the first to do so in the social media age. I'm not surprised that two older gentlemen like McCabe and Phipps didn't see that coming themselves, but it would have been a good idea to have run it by some other people first, such as PR experts or whatever.

Other sports stars had been released from prison and gone straight back without much in the way of opposition before, but Evans was the first to do so in the social media age. I'm not surprised that two older gentlemen like McCabe and Phipps didn't see that coming themselves, but it would have been a good idea to have run it by some other people first, such as PR experts or whatever.
Surely such eminent, professional business men would employ PR advisers suitable for the day and age they operate in?????

There's probably not much call for it in either the construction industry or the Saudi bog roll trade...

The PR disaster, for me, was secondary to the idea that you can sit in a cell for three years and come out fit as a flea and ready to score goals. I can understand the logic that got us to Bryan Robson as manager (didn't agree with it at all, but could understand how the board got there.) There was no sense to the return of Ched thing on any level.

Nowt much in todays questions in court. Still going over the £1m at end of 16/17, but not asked the obvious 'You say you're worth $200m. How come you didn't have any cash?'

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1136206585053831168.html?refreshed=yes

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1136269347549302785.html?refreshed=yes

Well we learnt the Prince was even more borasic than we thought until he sold some extra bog roll shares. KM's counsel spent a lot of time trying to get answers to the questions he failed to get at the disclosure hearing without much success.

Prince accused of witholding information as Tutton was previously. No compelling evidence yet to substantiate the bribery allegations.

Prince counsel advise Hearing to last until June 25th and so the legal profession continue to be the winners here.

From what I saw of today's coverage its Kev's barrister making insinuations and suggestions of minor wrong doings, none with any much evidence to back them up. Didn't seem to lay a glove on HRH about the loans when he had 'lost his wallet'.

I do find it extraordinary that both Kev and HRH have such dreadfully poor memories about things you imagine they'd remember in good detail.

From what I saw of today's coverage its Kev's barrister making insinuations and suggestions of minor wrong doings, none with any much evidence to back them up. Didn't seem to lay a glove on HRH about the loans when he had 'lost his wallet'.

I do find it extraordinary that both Kev and HRH have such dreadfully poor memories about things you imagine they'd remember in good detail.

4 basic answers when in the witness box;

Yes
No
I don't know
I can't recall

But there is when the business is football,which is what they are dealing with in this instance

I was responding to the "eminent, professional business men" part. They are neither eminent, nor professional when it comes to football, based on what I have seen from the case so far. To be honest I was being facetious and I suspect that you were as well...

I thought the Prince got a bit of a hammering at the end with the stuff about him not including his phone in the discovery until pressed and it turning out to include the only electronic evidence linking him to the Sela Sports stuff. I also thought it was interesting that he admitted that he told McCabe and his team that the £3M Chartwell money wouldn't have to be repaid, which matches what we heard the other week. Especially as his own lawyer had argued that McCabe and Tutton had made that up...

I was responding to the "eminent, professional business men" part. They are neither eminent, nor professional when it comes to football, based on what I have seen from the case so far. To be honest I was being facetious and I suspect that you were as well...

I thought the Prince got a bit of a hammering at the end with the stuff about him not including his phone in the discovery until pressed and it turning out to include the only electronic evidence linking him to the Sela Sports stuff. I also thought it was interesting that he admitted that he told McCabe and his team that the £3M Chartwell money wouldn't have to be repaid, which matches what we heard the other week. Especially as his own lawyer had argued that McCabe and Tutton had made that up...

HRH said that the £3m might be dealt with by shares or by some form of sponsorship, rather than jusy made to 'go away' which is what Kevs barrister claimed. It looks like both sides weren't really paying attention when the other side were talking to them. Maybe that explains why they can't remember owt, bit like when Mrs FKB tells me to bring some milk home... I don't know about you SirRodney but I'm still waiting for one of the barristers to have more than a few pretty weak insinuations to chuck at the other side...

Last edited: