Preston v Forest - Match Fred sponsored by ORF's whacked pips | Page 8 | Vital Football

Preston v Forest - Match Fred sponsored by ORF's whacked pips

Decent point overall. Substitute Deepdale for Plough Lane in the late 80’s and you wouldn’t be far off the mark. What an awful cynical side they are, every time we got their side of the centre circle we were fouled and their only attacking idea was to hoof the fooker to the edge of our box. We didn’t create much but what football was played was played by us.

Decent point overall. Substitute Deepdale for Plough Lane in the late 80’s and you wouldn’t be far off the mark. What an awful cynical side they are, every time we got their side of the centre circle we were fouled and their only attacking idea was to hoof the fooker to the edge of our box. We didn’t create much but what football was played was played by us.
They play a crap type of football, but ours is not Barcelona style either... not even a proper shot on goal ...in thd second half we had plenty of possession but we arrive just outside their box... or we turn back or go for Row Z

They play a crap type of football, but ours is not Barcelona style either... not even a proper shot on goal ...in thd second half we had plenty of possession but we arrive just outside their box... or we turn back or go for Row Z

I’m not saying we were fantastic but they were a very jiggly, cynical side. Cash and Lolley in the side today would have probably seen us nick it I think and Da Costa is showing some very promising touches which is positive. A point was a fair result. We’ll be in the play offs for sure and nobody will be looking forward to playing us.

Hilarious on SSN, LeTissier saying we have no chance in the playoffs, Brentford looked 10 times better in their game and should be 25 points ahead of us. Then "Trev the Forest supporting stats man" told Jeff to remind Tiss we've beaten them home and away lmao. Go Trev!

On today's showing Tiss wasn't wrong, but absolutely anything can happen in the playoffs.

I dont think that was that bad given the 4 changes. I was half expecting a dry bumming when I saw the team.

Ribiero isn't very good is he?

If we make the play offs (we should) it must be seen as a success not many would have thought that possible in August, Sabri done a superb job. Even if we didn't win them makes us a more appealing prospect to players looking to move clubs, but who knows we can beat anyone on our day.

Well done to Grabban reaching 20 goals, quite often a thankless task playing up front the way we play but he's been superb for the most part.

A very tight game. PNE pressed high up the pitch, right in our faces, and knocked it long at any opportunity for their big units. For the most part we coped well but at times we were shaky. Dawson and Jenks coped well, considering how long it's been since they played. They lacked pace at times. At times we lacked composure, booting it clear in a panicky way, but when Silva came on we looked better. The ball possession improved. We must keep working on our passing and movement.

We didn't create much but we did get into some good positions in the second half. Again, more composure and quality needed.

I was impressed with Da Costa who could just be our under-valued signing that has gone under the radar (Brentford style). He's no striker but we need more of these type of finds.

Hilarious on SSN, LeTissier saying we have no chance in the playoffs, Brentford looked 10 times better in their game and should be 25 points ahead of us. Then "Trev the Forest supporting stats man" told Jeff to remind Tiss we've beaten them home and away lmao. Go Trev!

On today's showing Tiss wasn't wrong, but absolutely anything can happen in the playoffs.

I'm not 100% sure Brentford will be in the Playoffs.

Brentford probably have a what, 65% of finishing third?

We probably have a 55% chance of finishing fifth?

So, the likelihood is that we play Fulham, who probably have about an 80% chance of finishing fourth, who are probably on paper, the strongest side in the division. If the game were played on paper, they would absolutely dick us over two legs.

But if Playoff semi finals were played on paper, then we probably ought to have won every one that we've played in.

I thought Jenkinson had an excellent game, easily his best in a forest shirt. Considering that Cash is a) injured and b) hasn't been quite the same player since the restart, that is encouraging.

Dawson got some minutes.

Da Costa gets better by the game

Ameobi was superb I thought.

The midfield three of Yates, Watson, Sow is getting more used to playing that way.

I actually think we can beat Swansea

I thought Jenkinson had an excellent game, easily his best in a forest shirt. Considering that Cash is a) injured and b) hasn't been quite the same player since the restart, that is encouraging.

Dawson got some minutes.

The midfield three of Yates, Watson, Sow is getting more used to playing that way.

With Ameobi, it depends on what segments of the game you pay attention to.

In some parts, he is PL class. In other parts, I wouldn't even pick him for a Newark & Sherwood Premier League side.

Swansea need to get something against Leeds first. Our game against them will be heavily influenced by that result I think.

One very good thing from today is that barring a miracle and a disaster, Derby have little to no chance of catching us.

De Co

Dawson got some minutes.

De Costa had a good game. He has improved with each game. If he could get a goal his confidence could take off. Jenx improved as game went on. Felt Dawson has lost a yard of pace.

Current points and maximum points each side can get.

Forest (69)- 78 (Swansea, Barnsley, Stoke)
Cardiff (64)- 73* (Derby, Boro, Hull)
Swansea (63)- 75 (Leeds, Forest, Bristol, Reading)
Preston (62)- 71 (Brentford, Birmingham, Bristol)
Milwall (62)- 71 (Blackburn, QPR, Huddersfield)
Derby (61)- 70* (Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham)
Blackburn (60)- 69 (Millwall, Reading, Luton)

*Not a lot of cross games here, but it's worth noting that Cardiff and Derby can't both hit their maximum.

What we need is simple. We need Leeds to do their job tomorrow, and then we need to not lose to Swansea. A defeat and draw with us lowers their maximum points to 70, equal to what we would have but with a goal difference deficit of at least -7.

I reckon what will happen is that we will stumble to the finish line.

Draw with Swansea
Draw with Barnsley
Get to 71 points, which with other results will end up being enough

And then beat Stoke to reach a respectable 74

The stats bare out what I watched for once .
Preston committed 3 times as many fouls on us . Mostly when we were on the break thought ref also missed quite a few obvious fouls too . 18 fouls on our players 6 on theirs . Says everything about the type of game Preston play .

I

Dawson got some minutes.

I am actually more confident we will beat Swansea than any of the other playoff contenders we have faced.