Preston v Forest - Match Fred sponsored by ORF's whacked pips | Vital Football

Preston v Forest - Match Fred sponsored by ORF's whacked pips

AdebolaCornflakes

Vital Football Legend
pneforest.png

Where's the match Fred you bunch of pseud t*******ts?

Match: Preston v Forest

Kick-off: 3:00pm

Weather forecast: A dry but cool day is forecast, with a moderate breeze coming in from the west. But we'll all be watching/listening indoors so who gives a shit?

Last League Meeting: Forest 1-1 Preston, 31st August 2019. Seems like a lifetime ago, but I recall Preston being one of the dirtiest sides to visit the CG this season. It looked like they were going to shithouse their way to a win until Albert Adomah came off the bench to rescue a point.

League Form (post-lockdown):
Forest: D-W-W-D-L
Preston: D-L-L-D-W

Last Time Out:
Forest 0-1 Fulham
Sheff Weds 1-3 Preston

Team News:
Forest: Lamouchi didn't sound too confident that Lolley would be fit for this game so he may well be missing. Samba Sow was withdrawn at half-time against Fulham; hopefully that was just a precaution and he is ok for this one.

Preston: Paul Huntingdon serves the last of his three-game ban, otherwise there are no new injury or suspension problems for Alex Neil.

Pre-Match Ramble:
This is a huge game and feels like it could be pivotal in our play-off push. Win and we may well be able to relax at 5pm, with our play-off spot all but confirmed if other results go our way. Lose and I will start to worry; we'll be out of form all of a sudden and the teams below us will smell blood. Draw and it will be pretty much as you were, with us still probably needing at least another win to be sure.

Our post-lockdown form has been OK and we shouldn't despair because we lost against a Fulham team who are simply better than us. Today we come up against a Preston team who are perhaps more similar to us in the quality of their players and we certainly have it in us to get something from the game.

Preston were slow to get out of the blocks after the season resumed but got a timely boost in mid-week with a win at Sheffield Wednesday. They are a team who we don't have a great record against in recent years, yet the last few times we've played them I've come away thinking that they really weren't that good. I guess that's how fans of other teams feel after playing us.

I think we can probably cope with Lolley being out as Da Costa has looked decent lately, but we could really do with Sow to help us win the midfield battle in this one.

Predicted Starting XI:

Samba; Cash, Worrall, Figuerido, Ribeiro; Watson, Sow, Yates; Da Costa, Ameobi; Grabban.

Prediction:
Tough one to predict and I think it will be a very close game. I'm staying optimistic and on the basis that Sow plays, my prediction is:

Preston 0-1 Forest

Last edited:
Lose today and you worry that the Derby equaliser has got their heads down.

Win and I think it's more or less over. Draw and I think the same, but with work to do that we will get done (I can see us beating Swansea).

These bastards are a right bogey team of ours though. It's 4 years since we beat them, with most games being a draw.

I also reckon there will be surprises in the line up today and he'll have been forced to rest a few.

I'm betting Lolley and Sow aren't in the squad at all. Is wouldn't be surprised to see the defensive team broken up as some sort of injury precaution.

I wouldn't surprised to see Tyler or Da Costa up front either

Have gone for 1-1. As said above it’s a pivotal game so hopefully we are up for it.

Don’t remember too many times this season that we have lost two on the bounce so I am quietly confident we will get something from this one.

Have gone for 1-1. As said above it’s a pivotal game so hopefully we are up for it.

Don’t remember too many times this season that we have lost two on the bounce so I am quietly confident we will get something from this one.
There are only 8 games where we haven't scored as well, including the Fulham game.

We do tend to get at least one goal.

The worry today is that Preston are one of the best sides at coming back from losing positions

It would kind of make sense if a few players were benched today. The likes of Grabban and Watson must be getting to a point where they need resting.

But you'd also hope that they'd be able to manage through the next couple of games and hopefully get us 4/6 points, so they could then be rested for the final 2 games.

If we see the likes of Walker and Diakhaby in the starting line up today then it will severely test my stance of not being negative when the team sheet is announced.

Nailed on defeat definitely now AdebolaCocoPops has started the match thread. I just have a hunch.

The Hunch

Good one AC, I was just beginning to get the wind up, and you call it a moderate breeze from the West. I tried not to laugh, as I remember it always seemed to be a freezing gale from the West when I was watching or playing. And wet too.
Back to the match though, if we get a point I reckon we'll be doing well and that will not be enough to be sure of the play offs particularly if Sow and Lolley are not playing.
I think that win or lose today Sabri has done very well this season and I'd love to see what he could do with 2 or 3 good additions.
Thanks.

IMO, that would almost certainly result in 0 points, although I will reserve judgment on Da Costa in a forward role to a degree as apart from a few minutes before lockdown, we haven't seen him there.
have seen him get in the box instinctively and be strong, beat players and get a shot in from outside the box. looks quicker and stronger than grabz, lets get our number 9 in number 9 position and score the goals we spent millions on him doing.