Premier League Match Thread: West Ham United Vs Nottingham Forest, Sponsored by the Cenotaph Exclusion Zone | Page 18 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: West Ham United Vs Nottingham Forest, Sponsored by the Cenotaph Exclusion Zone

West Ham created absolutely nothing until the 2-2 equalizer.

After that it was pretty much one way traffic bar Origis strike at the end, and MGW poor effort

We should have been 3-1 up (Taiwos 2nd half miss) and could have been 4-1 but for a great save from Taiwos header in the first

Guardian using the phrase ‘imminent danger’ in their write-up of where SC finds himself after this weekend.

Getting more than a little fed up with the threat of the sack constantly hanging over him. We’re clearly improving as a team in relation to last year. Back the man FFS.

I don't feel it was a sackable performance or turn of events, but the way the Luton game unfolded possibly was.

It will take a while but he will get us where we ought to be in the division based on the quality of personnel we now have.

I think getting Origi fit enough to take the pressure off Awoniyi will be key as Wood just messes up the way we play and think Origi, whilst still quite different to Awoniyi is still mobile enough not to drastically affect the way we play.

Well well Well. Great day for the moaners who have 3 soft goals to keep them miserable. We need to cut out the soft goals but plenty of positives considering this time last season.

Keeper looked pretty good today, totally justifying 'his shit' label.

Count Vlachula should have come for one of those crosses, but he seems scared of them.

From the West Ham perspective, we were for quite a while. Parts of the first half and then until we scored we were- the fans around me certainly felt we were in control and made their vexation very known to their players

My friend whose a ST spammer felt they didn't get on top until the last 20mins

Guardian using the phrase ‘imminent danger’ in their write-up of where SC finds himself after this weekend.

Getting more than a little fed up with the threat of the sack constantly hanging over him. We’re clearly improving as a team in relation to last year. Back the man FFS.

This can only be media BS cos that isn't the view of fans or players and there is no evidence EM feels like that either.

I must admit I was fuming yesterday. The performance against Wet Spam wasn’t a patch on the way we played against Villa.

Putting aside Dominguez’s error which gifted them the lead and screwed him for the rest of the game, we just didn’t ever seem to get a consistent grip in midfield.

And yet we nearly beat them. Or at least got a point.

We need more quality going forward - Paqueta and Bowen were head and shoulders above anything we had. We also need midfielders to break forward. They had Soucek driving forwards but it was only when we brought Danilo on that we looked to do the same.

We are in a situation where we look a midtable side but drop points like a relegation battler. I fear for Cooper if he doesn’t show progress where it counts.

I must admit I was fuming yesterday. The performance against Wet Spam wasn’t a patch on the way we played against Villa.

Putting aside Dominguez’s error which gifted them the lead and screwed him for the rest of the game, we just didn’t ever seem to get a consistent grip in midfield.

We need more quality going forward - Paqueta and Bowen were head and shoulders above anything we had. We also need midfielders to break forward. They had Soucek driving forwards but it was only when we brought Danilo on that we looked to do the same.

We are in a situation where we look a midtable side but drop points like a relegation battler. I fear for Cooper if he doesn’t show progress where it counts.

Good summary - that’s how I see it

Cooper’s always going to be under pressure this season - the bottom 3 looks locked in, and the churn between them and the top-half doesn’t look great based on our games at Palace and West Ham. Getting 1pt from those 2 matches in addition to dropping points to 2 of those bottom 3 has made our start look a bit poor. But it’s a case of what could have been - 2-0 vs Luton, 2-0 vs Man Utd, 2-1 vs West Ham in a game of few chances.

I still feel it’s quite telling that the bottom 6 sides are the 6 sides most recently promoted, though. Every step up the pyramid is a painstaking one. We’ve been 90% of the way to being a top-half side. Our best XI looks strong but a lot of those guys have hardly any Premier League experience. I don’t think we have a single veteran* - most of our guys have 50 or fewer Prem appearances. And I think that’s where we’re dropping points, in the know-how, common sense and game management parts of matches.

* - Aurier comes to mind, but he doesn’t make my personal best eleven.

I am surprised by how many fans and pundits feel we should have got more from Wet Spam. They lost 5 games at home last season. All to teams in top 8. They smashed 4 past us last season and they are a much better team this season. We always struggle with set pieces, Wet Spam strong suit. The disappointment is that we outplayed them in the middle hour. They murdered us on set pieces. That can be rectified on the training ground. Is coming together. We will be in top half of table when we go to Newcastle n Boxing Day. Striker a priority next window.

Cooper’s always going to be under pressure this season - the bottom 3 looks locked in, and the churn between them and the top-half doesn’t look great based on our games at Palace and West Ham. Getting 1pt from those 2 matches in addition to dropping points to 2 of those bottom 3 has made our start look a bit poor. But it’s a case of what could have been - 2-0 vs Luton, 2-0 vs Man Utd, 2-1 vs West Ham in a game of few chances.

I still feel it’s quite telling that the bottom 6 sides are the 6 sides most recently promoted, though. Every step up the pyramid is a painstaking one. We’ve been 90% of the way to being a top-half side. Our best XI looks strong but a lot of those guys have hardly any Premier League experience. I don’t think we have a single veteran* - most of our guys have 50 or fewer Prem appearances. And I think that’s where we’re dropping points, in the know-how, common sense and game management parts of matches.

* - Aurier comes to mind, but he doesn’t make my personal best eleven.

Completely agree and something only experience, rather than getting a new manager can fix.

I was gutted and annoyed by the result but it couldn't displace the overall satisfaction with progress. There are areas of the pitch we could improve/add depth but we also have many of the Lego bits we need. Niakhate and murillo can surely be a pairing that can last a while. Midfield also has some serious longevity.

This team is already much better than last year but it looks like it has so much potential to improve. This team just needs a bit of time and nobody should be getting impatient or getting afraid for Cooper. Just let him get on with it cos he is doing just fine.

I was gutted and annoyed by the result but it couldn't displace the overall satisfaction with progress. There are areas of the pitch we could improve/add depth but we also have many of the Lego bits we need. Niakhate and murillo can surely be a pairing that can last a while. Midfield also has some serious longevity.

This team is already much better than last year but it looks like it has so much potential to improve. This team just needs a bit of time and nobody should be getting impatient or getting afraid for Cooper. Just let him get on with it cos he is doing just fine.
That’s exactly my thoughts but will Merry Knackers agree…?

My faith in Cooper was shaken yesterday and shaken against Luton. These are good players getting paid a lot of money. He chose MGW as captain and I think that's a mistake. We always sit back and get punished. Yes we have made progress but there is something in the way we are being coached which make us crumble under pressure

MGW is still not quite producing for us this season. But I guess, similarly to our results, it's a tale of what could have been. Just as we've nearly won 3 or 4 games we've ultimately drawn or lost, he's nearly had 4 or 5 goals or assists that have ultimately come to nothing.

But obviously... 'nearly' gets you nothing. I wouldn't be in favour of dropping him but his finishing and set pieces need work. Hopefully he's putting the hours in on the training ground and at some point, the tide will turn.

On the plus side - great work from Sangaré yesterday to win the ball and send through MGW, ultimately setting up Taiwo's equaliser. Exactly what we brought him here to do, right?

MGW is still not quite producing for us this season. But I guess, similarly to our results, it's a tale of what could have been. Just as we've nearly won 3 or 4 games we've ultimately drawn or lost, he's nearly had 4 or 5 goals or assists that have ultimately come to nothing.

But obviously... 'nearly' gets you nothing. I wouldn't be in favour of dropping him but his finishing and set pieces need work. Hopefully he's putting the hours in on the training ground and at some point, the tide will turn.

On the plus side - great work from Sangaré yesterday to win the ball and send through MGW, ultimately setting up Taiwo's equaliser. Exactly what we brought him here to do, right?
Yes-Sangare played excellently first half