Premier League Match Thread: West Ham United Vs Nottingham Forest, Sponsored by the Cenotaph Exclusion Zone | Page 17 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: West Ham United Vs Nottingham Forest, Sponsored by the Cenotaph Exclusion Zone

If you take last Sunday and this Sunday the biggest thing for me was our lacklustre/non existent press and work off the ball

Last week anyone got the ball had 2-3 around them and squeezed the possession. Today West Ham wanted it more than we did

Felipes situation is bizarre. As usual, the useless press conference media don’t ask Cooper the situation. Suspect Nino is Felipe’s replacement.

Huge credit to George Syrionos - seems to have come back in and played a blinder in recruitment
Syrianos has nothing to do with our South American acquisitions; Thomas Federspeil is the man who has been sourcing Murillo, Danillio and the others from that Continent.

Syrionas continues to do great work in Europe.

He said the players lacked the desire to win challenges, which suggests he thinks we didn’t want it enough.
That's probably not unfair and I wouldn't necessarily argue with that.

But I would argue with West Ham wanting it more. They were not great in the challenges and duels either and were just as inept as we were, if not more so at times.

But they had bits of quality that we don't unfortunately to get an undeserved win.

That's probably not unfair and I wouldn't necessarily argue with that.

But I would argue with West Ham wanting it more. They were not great in the challenges and duels either and were just as inept as we were, if not more so at times.

But they had bits of quality that we don't unfortunately to get an undeserved win.

Hmmm I don’t agree about an undeserved win. We were dreadful for the last 25 minutes of the game and constantly handed them the initiative. Good enough up to then, but that’s too long a spell not to expect a loss

Hmmm I don’t agree about an undeserved win. We were dreadful for the last 25 minutes of the game and constantly handed them the initiative. Good enough up to then, but that’s too long a spell not to expect a loss

All of their goals came from our mistakes. Bit of bad luck for the first, but still a mistake. A total switch off for the second and disorganization to allow a free header for the third. Thought the teams were fairly even.

All of their goals came from our mistakes. Bit of bad luck for the first, but still a mistake. A total switch off for the second and disorganization to allow a free header for the third. Thought the teams were fairly even.

But that didn’t reflect the chances in the game. They hit the bar, they went clean through and fluffed it, Vlach made a great save. I felt like everytime they went forward they looked like they’d score, whereas I felt we lost our discipline completely midway through that second half

But that didn’t reflect the chances in the game. They hit the bar, they went clean through and fluffed it, Vlach made a great save. I felt like everytime they went forward they looked like they’d score, whereas I felt we lost our discipline completely midway through that second half
This post doesn't reflect the chances either

Areola made a great save from Awoniyi, Awoniyi missed a sitter, I think there was another great save at 2-2 and then Origi had what looked like a really good chance in injury time.

They hit the bar from a pretty dreadful defensive mistake

I didn't feel it was 25 minutes at all. They started really applying pressure from about 75 onwards, it felt to me. We had been really comfortable before that and were creating some chances. You could feel a goal was coming by 85 or so, but only because we got into this cycle of conceding set pieces and then never getting hold of the ball.

I think it's a mentality. We aren't able to play our way back into a game when under the cosh a bit late on and go into desperation mode. Maybe it's a fitness thing, who knows? Shouldn't be

We lost something after our 2nd, concentration, disciple, pep. It was disappointing given what they had shown against villa but I hope and expect we are learning from these games and at least taking confidence that if we keep concentrated then we CAN take these kind of teams on (upper mid table) and win.

I don't say the win wasn't deserved but it was close and had we not made some mistakes it could easily have been different. Disappointed in the result, generally happy with progress.

I didn't feel it was 25 minutes at all. They started really applying pressure from about 75 onwards, it felt to me. We had been really comfortable before that and were creating some chances. You could feel a goal was coming by 85 or so, but only because we got into this cycle of conceding set pieces and then never getting hold of the ball.

I think it's a mentality. We aren't able to play our way back into a game when under the cosh a bit late on and go into desperation mode. Maybe it's a fitness thing, who knows? Shouldn't be

For me it was mistakes that led to the mentality, to concede immediately after scoring was the sucker punch that saw us back off and go into the cycle of inviting them on. That was a real shame after all the good work to get in front.

Problem with yesterday was that we never got a chance to control the game- we were chasing after 4 minutes. We do all the hard work to put us in control then immediately gave it up.

I'm not going to slag off Dominguez but that mistake meant we never got in the driving seat.

For me it was mistakes that led to the mentality, to concede immediately after scoring was the sucker punch that saw us back off and go into the cycle of inviting them on. That was a real shame after all the good work to get in front.

Problem with yesterday was that we never got a chance to control the game- we were chasing after 4 minutes. We do all the hard work to put us in control then immediately gave it up.

I'm not going to slag off Dominguez but that mistake meant we never got in the driving seat.
From the West Ham perspective, we were for quite a while. Parts of the first half and then until we scored we were- the fans around me certainly felt we were in control and made their vexation very known to their players