Premier League Match Thread: Crystal Palace Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the HS2 Nottingham and London connections | Page 14 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Crystal Palace Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the HS2 Nottingham and London connections

I think we can look forward to a promising future. The run by Murillo was Ricky Villa esque. Add an end product and we’ve got some player on our hands. We are playing the sort of football we all want to see. We are transitioning from a counter attacking side to a possession based footballing side. The change in ethos will take time to gel, but I don’t think we ought to be too concerned. Last season we were mixing it with the likes of Bournemouth, they’ve regressed and we have progressed. Exciting times to be a Forest fan.

Tbf you don't normally put the words add an "end product" into a sentence talking about a centre back

In fact don't think I've heard that before ever!

Perhaps even more encouraging than the run was the long balls he played to potentially create chances?

Including the one to MGW wasn't it?

We've not had that threat from centre backs in the past every have we?

He would be perfect centre back for Man City dinking balls for their wingers and forwards to get behind defences with

80M plus all over him (already)

Enjoy him whilst we've got him

Same with Dominguez - enjoy him whilst we've got him as well

Last edited:
They are a desperately poor side with a clueless Head Coach, and yet they will still make it to the semi finals.

Cant see them going any further than that.

They then play France or the Saffers, and that has mismatch written all over it

Making semi finals a minor miracle with this squad though let's be honest

Even against Palace with injuries we loss 2-0

Don't see Tavares playing again unless it's as a winger coming on for 10 minutes at the end

He certainly cant play in a back 4

And bear in mind we are missing Felipe and Aina yesterday

But Boly is looking so good and I think helped by Murillo's pace around him

I'm not sure even Felipe gets a place in the back 4 whilst those 2 remain fit?

Never expected to be saying that

Aina obviously does

All very promising though
Its a great problem to have

Even against Palace with injuries we loss 2-0

Don't see Tavares playing again unless it's as a winger coming on for 10 minutes at the end

He certainly cant play in a back 4

And bear in mind we are missing Felipe and Aina yesterday

But Boly is looking so good and I think helped by Murillo's pace around him

I'm not sure even Felipe gets a place in the back 4 whilst those 2 remain fit?

Never expected to be saying that

Aina obviously does

All very promising though
Murillo benefits from Boly speaking Portuguese. Likewise Felipe. One of these two will have to be a partner until his English improves. New year.

Murillo can play midfield. Forest could field Murillo in middle of a back three but he moves forward in to midfield. With wingbacks and a CB that can step in to midfield it becomes a very flexible team that can overload certain areas. Will take a few weeks to seamlessly move from one set up and back again but the skill set is there.

Making semi finals a minor miracle with this squad though let's be honest
No, they are in the easy half of the draw.

The opposite side of the draw have the worlds top 5 clubs.

There is very little between the worlds top 4 - Ireland, South Africa, France and New Zealand; Scotland are way behind those four at Number 5 - England are light years behind the Scots at 6.

Scotland and Ireland have just faced off in the Group of Death; England have come from a group which included the football equivalents of Norway, Lichtenstein, Gibralta and Andorra

No, they are in the easy half of the draw.

The opposite side of the draw have the worlds top 5 clubs.

There is very little between the worlds top 4 - Ireland, South Africa, France and New Zealand; Scotland are way behind those four at Number 5 - England are light years behind the Scots at 6.

Scotland and Ireland have just faced off in the Group of Death; England have come from a group which included the football equivalents of Norway, Lichtenstein, Gibralta and Andorra

I'm still saying minor miracle just based on how shite England have become

Murillo benefits from Boly speaking Portuguese. Likewise Felipe. One of these two will have to be a partner until his English improves. New year.

After yesterday, all he needs to learn is "give me the ball"

can't believe that Cooper isn't getting very excited. The man has worked miracles and is finally being given players of a quality he deserves. He must be licking his lips at what he has available. We are progressing so quickly on and off the pitch right now.

Just think this team needs a bit of time and some tweaks around the edges but we have a quality spine good for plenty of years yet.

Noticed on sky yesterday that although one or two still treating us as relegation candidates, given the weakness of the bottom 3 and our last two performances, felt like we are beginning to get noticed.

Exciting times to be a red right now.

I didn't think he got a lot on it

I didn't think it went some distance away

And Palace didn't have to get the ball back

It went straight to them

(Its mistakes like that at this level that cost you the game)

Can't afford them

Yes, well I agree with the last two parts of this. But at least one consolation that we have is that Nottingham Forest did not spend £60M on Onana to go in goal.

What are you talking about? Forest haad several shots on target, and MGW was extremely unlucky to hit the post rather than score, so to say that Forest "could've played for a week and not scored" does not seem to me to be fair.

It was one if those games where I didn't think we were showing enough in the final third. I agree sometimes you need the lucky breaks.

Being able to put chances away is what matters so let's see how many we score over the next few games and revisit my concerns about it.

Delighted we finally have a competitive midfield (and I love Dominguez) but I'm worried that Wood, Origi, Elanga, MGW, IMO and CHO don't have enough goals in them.

It was one if those games where I didn't think we were showing enough in the final third. I agree sometimes you need the lucky breaks.

Being able to put chances away is what matters so let's see how many we score over the next few games and revisit my concerns about it.

Delighted we finally have a competitive midfield (and I love Dominguez) but I'm worried that Wood, Origi, Elanga, MGW, IMO and CHO don't have enough goals in them.

Origi is a finisher. He has plenty of goals in him. We do need to create chances for him though

Crystal palace have a fantastic defence though. Guehi should be playing instead of Maguire for England. Anderson is superb.

Man Utd couldn't shift that defence at home last week. Of course they played more open against us, but good defending stopped us winning 2-0 at least

Crystal palace have a fantastic defence though. Guehi should be playing instead of Maguire for England. Anderson is superb.

Man Utd couldn't shift that defence at home last week. Of course they played more open against us, but good defending stopped us winning 2-0 at least

Think I heard someone say Palace have most clean sheets in Premier League this season?

Although we failed to score, and only managed a draw against a team that is evidently struggling with a bad injury situation, there was so much to feel positive about yesterday.
Despite our summer recruitment and relatively good start to the season, the pessimist in me was still fearing a season where we were always looking over our shoulders at the team in 18th place but the way we moved the ball about and the threat we have from all areas of the pitch has filled me with confidence.

Although we failed to score, and only managed a draw against a team that is evidently struggling with a bad injury situation, there was so much to feel positive about yesterday.
Despite our summer recruitment and relatively good start to the season, the pessimist in me was still fearing a season where we were always looking over our shoulders at the team in 18th place but the way we moved the ball about and the threat we have from all areas of the pitch has filled me with confidence.

No easy games in the Premier League though

You think you've got some tough ones out of the way then you look at upcoming fixtures and every game looks hard to actually win

Even Luton at home next match will take a good performance and and bit of luck going our way rather than their to win

Premier League stats show on average that 50 per cent of winning a game is being the better team. And the other 50 per cent relies on luck