Premier League Match Thread: Crystal Palace Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the HS2 Nottingham and London connections | Page 15 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Crystal Palace Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the HS2 Nottingham and London connections

We may not be winning every game, but the difference between this season and last team wise, is light years.
We actuallly look a unit and don't have 18 men behind the ball every game.
We are learning and growing.
I prefer this way, as it stands. Slow and steady and long term.

The Clark miracle season was awesome to watch. But in the long run, turned into slow death, as a couple of stars left and we had nothing to continue it.
Lets hope, we are here to stay this time.

Well I think we have a potential world beater in Murillo
Another worldie of a pass. I think he may be unstoppable if he keeps this up

Praise the mother of the scout that identified him.

Praise her for the time, trouble and effort that she took to give birth to and raise the scout.

Don't see why we can't rely on them, they are only going to get better.

What happened to the recruitment team are shit? Zed should give a hand job to each and everyone involved in bringing murillo and Dominguez to the club.

Toff did ok again.

Would have liked to see us create more clear chances but it will come.

Decent point on the road.

See my above post.....

Could Murillo play the Libro role? Named in a back three and plays there but as game develops steps forward and helps team dominate midfield. Even joins the attack. Over loads areas.

I was thinking he would be even better in a three.

Him, Felipe and Boly would be immense.

Still a bit worried about the lack of any homegrown players on the pitch, so great to see Yates come on.

Maybe no need to worry, but if things were to turn sour at all and we had no homegrown players on the pitch, you'd get dark mutterings about overpaid mercenaries not delivering.

Glad to see that it looks nothing like that just now, more like SC building a cosmopolitan team that can maybe go further.

Given that we got to the FA Youth Final recently, you've got to think that there's some problem in transitioning the youth to a first team level as its only really Taylor (who isn't REALLY our youth product anyway) seemingly getting really good reviews on loan.

Perhaps if we were still Championship there might be more knocking on the door, but I'm skeptical about this.

There's a thread on Burnley forum right now talking about their naive tactics. Someone defends the performance against Chelsea yesterday with this:

Re: Tactics
Post Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:38 pm

"Sterling will tear every team at the bottom apart this season."

Reply:

"Didn't when they played Forest."

We're not a team at the bottom though, are we?

They are a desperately poor side with a clueless Head Coach, and yet they will still make it to the semi finals.

Cant see them going any further than that.

They then play France or the Saffers, and that has mismatch written all over it

They will get an almighty dicking in the semis. I don't know what the record score is in a SF but I would imagine this would threaten it should England beat Fiji (which I'd only give them a 60% chance of doing).

You'd drop Boly? He's arguably our best player thus far
He’s been great and solid as has Aurier. But with both I just feel there is an error at any minute. Like Turner.
Whereas Felipe I trust totally. I don’t disagree though that Boly has been immense, long May it continue

Murillo now starts for me.