Premier League Match Thread: Crystal Palace Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the HS2 Nottingham and London connections | Page 13 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Crystal Palace Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the HS2 Nottingham and London connections

Turner can be slow to move the ball on which is what got him into trouble against Brentford. Today he was better but it’s still a bit of an issue.

I was actually surprised that he got the nod today but we will see what happens going forward.
He had that absolute brain fart flap in the first half which he got away with due to a Boly block

I’d replace him for Luton so we see what we have in the Greek keeper. He reminds me of Pickford in terms of zero composure and always looks panicked

He had that absolute brain fart flap in the first half which he got away with due to a Boly block

I’d replace him for Luton so we see what we have in the Greek keeper. He reminds me of Pickford in terms of zero composure and always looks panicked

Yep the punch in first half straight to their player was very poor.

Don't think we should drop him yet. But I suspect the time will come.

Not convinced the Greek keeper will necessarily be better though

MOTD rightly making our two first half efforts 'nearly goal of the month'.

Also included Montiel's blocked shot, which is stretching it, but good to get some recognition.

Still a bit worried about the lack of any homegrown players on the pitch, so great to see Yates come on.

Maybe no need to worry, but if things were to turn sour at all and we had no homegrown players on the pitch, you'd get dark mutterings about overpaid mercenaries not delivering.

Glad to see that it looks nothing like that just now, more like SC building a cosmopolitan team that can maybe go further.

Didn't think CHO did enough today. He and Elanga have both scored crucial goals, but overall I don't think they've come close to replacing BJ yet.
Both CHO nd Elanga have dropped their performance from the first games but to try and compare them with Brennan is not fair. Many people in here keep thinking of the Brennan of the Championship nd the one that started last season, they tend to forget that from January onwards he was a passenger nd the team looked better without him.
Let's monitor Brennan this year with Tottenham nd see if he is going to be that influential as he was with us early last season.

Also, MGW isn't anywhere near what he should be.

Give it time.
MGW is starting to look more like a one trick pony. Before the Brentford game he was a disappointment then he had a good 20 minutes coming off the bench nd yesterday he was back to pre Brentford. He is too selfish nd when he is not he is not being the " creator" that we are looking for.
Apart from the nice piece of skill that almost resulted in the goal of the season, yesterday he created nothing for his team mates.

Last edited:
Just looking at the Sheffield United forum and came across this

I’m a Burnley fan ,you may think you have troubles but we’ve a goalkeeper who we’ve paid £15 mill for and is absolutely dross ,we have 8 wingers at the club,and plans A,B,and C are throw another winger on ,I don’t think you and us will get enough points between us to reach 30,The Prem has moved on since we were there last and that’s only 2 years ago .

MGW is starting to look more like a one trick pony. Before the Brentford game he was a disappointment then he had a good 20 minutes coming off the bench nd yesterday he was back to pre Brentford. He is too selfish nd when he is not he is not being the " creator" that we are looking for.
Apart from the nice piece of skill that almost resulted in the goal of the season, yesterday he created nothing for his team mates.

Tbf he's had to be selfish until now as we have been over reliant on him for moments of magic

The extra quality in the squad now will help him as much as anybody

There's a thread on Burnley forum right now talking about their naive tactics. Someone defends the performance against Chelsea yesterday with this:

Re: Tactics
Post Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:38 pm

"Sterling will tear every team at the bottom apart this season."

Reply:

"Didn't when they played Forest."
If we played the defence against Burnley that we played yesterday, what do you think is the outcome of that game?

Yep the punch in first half straight to their player was very poor.

Don't think we should drop him yet. But I suspect the time will come.

Not convinced the Greek keeper will necessarily be better though

I didn' t think the punch was that poor. He got a lot on it and it went some distance away from the goal. It is just that Crystal Palace got the ball back.

I would have said that that punch was Samba- esque; it was just unorthodox.

If we played the defence against Burnley that we played yesterday, what do you think is the outcome of that game?

Even against Palace with injuries we loss 2-0

Don't see Tavares playing again unless it's as a winger coming on for 10 minutes at the end

He certainly cant play in a back 4

And bear in mind we are missing Felipe and Aina yesterday

But Boly is looking so good and I think helped by Murillo's pace around him

I'm not sure even Felipe gets a place in the back 4 whilst those 2 remain fit?

Never expected to be saying that

Aina obviously does

All very promising though

We'll never get a better chance to win at Palace but could've played for a week and not scored.

Wood was back to being a passenger and Turner still looks to have a nervous mistake in him.

Apart from that it was what you'd expect from this team minus Johnno and Taiwo; no goals.

We are too short up top to be a mid table team but look much better in the middle of the park at least.

Disappointed Coopz didn't react earlier in the 2nd half, from about 60-75 I thought we were gonna gift them a goal.

Meh.

What are you talking about? Forest haad several shots on target, and MGW was extremely unlucky to hit the post rather than score, so to say that Forest "could've played for a week and not scored" does not seem to me to be fair.

I didn' t think the punch was that poor. He got a lot on it and it went some distance away from the goal. It is just that Crystal Palace got the ball back.

I would have said that that punch was Samba- esque; it was just unorthodox.

I didn't think he got a lot on it

I didn't think it went some distance away

And Palace didn't have to get the ball back

It went straight to them

(Its mistakes like that at this level that cost you the game)

Can't afford them

What are you talking about? Forest haad several shots on target, and MGW was extremely unlucky to hit the post rather than score, so to say that Forest "could've played for a week and not scored" does not seem to me to be fair.

Murillo should have scored once he got into that position

I think we can look forward to a promising future. The run by Murillo was Ricky Villa esque. Add an end product and we’ve got some player on our hands. We are playing the sort of football we all want to see. We are transitioning from a counter attacking side to a possession based footballing side. The change in ethos will take time to gel, but I don’t think we ought to be too concerned. Last season we were mixing it with the likes of Bournemouth, they’ve regressed and we have progressed. Exciting times to be a Forest fan.

Try watching England rugby on itv…that will give something to moan about 😂
They are a desperately poor side with a clueless Head Coach, and yet they will still make it to the semi finals.

Cant see them going any further than that.

They then play France or the Saffers, and that has mismatch written all over it