Preferred Bidder can be named today | Page 5 | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

Actually mate, they won't be named until contracts signed. Tomorrow is the deadline to sign the letter of intent and lodge the funds.

Good news though as he confirmed five bids received.

Should have finished with "at the earliest".
(y)

QPR and Birmingham had their 2 year ban knocked down to 6 months. Absolutely no consistency in the rules and treatment.

Register a maximum of 20 players, that's fine when U23s don't count but when you're forced to sell them all!

Bolton are signing players again this summer. I'm assuming it's another appeal process we go through with new owners should they want to. Administrators won't give two hoots about it.

Five bids is good news, at least all our eggs aren't in one basket. Although it's slightly concerning all these deadlines fall in with the key relegation dates - tomorrow and 31st July (appeal result.) Hopefully these bids aren't for a championship club only

Will the ban still be inplace even under new ownership if yes then why would someone buy a club that could be relegated players sold and cant sign anyone ?

This is the first I heard of a transfer ban I'd like to know the specifics as it seems different clubs end up with completely inconsistent versions of punishment.

But I'm not sure why we aren't appealing that while we appeal the 12 points. I assume we haven't got a leg to stand on but every other clubs seems to appeal bans and get them reduced so id have thought we'd do the same.

The EFL don't so much just kicked you when you're down they run you over repeatedly in a steam roller. It's a fucking joke how we are being crucified for their failures.

I thought the transfer ban would be 12 months as Bolton have just started signing players again having gone into administration in May 2019? Also said we can only register 20 players which means more likely to leave regardless and doesn’t leave much scope for injuries?

I assume the high costs of the appeal are because we not only pay our own barrister but also the EFL legal cost (likely a team of barristers charging £’000s per hour).

Just need to hope the preferred bidder is someone with the interests of the club at heart now and not another conman. Plus 3 weeks for the fit and proper test? How so? They don’t even do anything do they except ask for you to send a drawing of yourself holding a big bag with a dollar sign on it?

Now to focus on the game tonight. Let’s fucking do it - UTFT

This is the first I heard of a transfer ban I'd like to know the specifics as it seems different clubs end up with completely inconsistent versions of punishment.

But I'm not sure why we aren't appealing that while we appeal the 12 points. I assume we haven't got a leg to stand on but every other clubs seems to appeal bans and get them reduced so id have thought we'd do the same. QUOTE]

I'm sure we will appeal but it will be the new owner who pays for it down the line.

I thought the transfer ban would be 12 months as Bolton have just started signing players again having gone into administration in May 2019? Also said we can only register 20 players which means more likely to leave regardless and doesn’t leave much scope for injuries?

I assume the high costs of the appeal are because we not only pay our own barrister but also the EFL legal cost (likely a team of barristers charging £’000s per hour).

Just need to hope the preferred bidder is someone with the interests of the club at heart now and not another conman. Plus 3 weeks for the fit and proper test? How do? They don’t even do anything do they except ask for you to send a drawing of yourself holding a big bag with a dollar sign on it?

Now to focus on the game tonight. Let’s fucking do it - UTFT

Parry said the fit and proper persons test was self certified and tgey dont have a team of people to look into it properly so not sure how that takes 3 weeks. Just like everything with the EFL it's inconsistent.

If it was Yeung back in for us they'd prob pass him again no problem.

Reactions: GSM
If it was Yeung back in for us they'd prob pass him again no problem.
Wearing one of these... Oh, hello Mr Young, everything looks in order here.

96baf460429273d350cfa12bd6927cdd.jpg

I believe we had to lodge the appeal already so we may not be able to.

Any appeal will be time limited but as we have not yet received the punishment it will no doubt be timed from when the final decision is given. As our appeal will only be held on the 31st it will probably be from them, however as Sheff Wed are still waiting for a decision from earlier in the season it could be longer.

Typical EFL, nothing is straight forward.

Does anyone know if the squad of 20 is just senior players, so youth can play on top? When you have a matchday squad of 18 and at least 48 games a season with lots of injuries it's putting peoples health at risk as you will be forced to play injured players to complete games if it is 20 all in.

Utter farce.

Does anyone know if the squad of 20 is just senior players, so youth can play on top? When you have a matchday squad of 18 and at least 48 games a season with lots of injuries it's putting peoples health at risk as you will be forced to play injured players to complete games if it is 20 all in.

Utter farce.

Don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that it excludes U23s.

If it does it's vital to keep hold of the likes of Lang and Gelhardt. Youngsters like Devine and McGurk are a couple of years off being ready, so would although disappointing, make more sense to sell.

Having 20 players limit is redicolous with no ability to buy or probably pay loan fees. If it was say 23 players and the total budget must be say 60% of current wage bill or something so you can have restrictions but flexibility to wheel and deal as needed within that.

It's like having your hands tied behind your back. It's like they are trying to finish us off and ensure we are less attractive to buyers and have no chance of recovering for years. How is this justice it's punitive.

When other clubs had transfer bans the EFL let them carry on signing players but you can bet they'll be strict with us. Meanwhile Birmingham, Derby and Sheff Wed you carry on deliberetly cheating FFP and nothing will happen to you.

If it does it's vital to keep hold of the likes of Lang and Gelhardt. Youngsters like Devine and McGurk are a couple of years off being ready, so would although disappointing, make more sense to sell.
Well, Weir's almost certainly gone (the one we've been paid for), and Gelhardt and Devine could well be the two that are to be completed this week. ......unless Moore's one, but that's doubtful, if he's available for tonight.

McGurk, I agree looks a cracking prospect. Lang has done OK out on loan, but doesn't seem to have the potential of the others ....... but who knows.

The re-establishment of that youth set up needs to be a priority for any new owner.

A 2 year transfer ban is insane. Almost as if the EFL don’t have the welfare of it’s clubs as it’s highest priority.

We want you to find a new owner... But they won’t be able to build a decent squad.

We will make sure we do checks on the owners... But if they turn out to fail it’s not our fault.

They’re a sham. What can the FA do about them? There’s got to be something to get some reform. This could happen to any EFL club and it would be in every team’s interest to put pressure on the EFL to change their structure and laws.